Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

Yeah, the vanilla maps are very good indeed. BF3 lacked in that part as the DLC maps were much better than most of the Vanilla maps.

BTW, playing in Guillin Peaks and Drogon Pass feels like one is playing Crysis and Crysis Warhead , respectively. :p

Ok,so I downloaded the Commander app on my iPad , just couldn't join any game at all. Connection to the server could not be established. Anyone else had any luck with it ?

Okay ! Got into games as Commander via the iPad. Its a standalone app, so you don't need to fire up the game on ur console, which is fab !

I didn't like playing as Commander on conquest,too many points and just three squads at ur command on the ps3....... but playing as a cmomander on Rush was freaking awesome. It thought it would be a laid back affair but it was fast, frenetic and totally hands on fun ! Loved it :cool: ! I was trying to find the match report on Battlelog but couldn't find it. I will say try it out, its amazing to manage pointsand provide supply drops and see people actually using them,providing UAV support and disabling enemy radars ....feels like a whole new perpective n the matches you have beenplaying. And to know that all those arrows there are real people making playing as you command them: fantastic !

Sucks the game is so buggy for so many people, cause BF4 is a pretty legit shooter. Conquest is incredibly addictive and fun.

Tired playing a couple of games last night. Both crashed before rounded ended.

Awesome.

When I hear such stuff I get afraid that I won't be aleto enjoy BF4 when my ps4 arrives on the 6th :(. PS3 version has no issues and I am enjoying conquest immensely. DOn't want that to stop when my next gen experience begins ! I heard TDM and other smaller modes don't crash? Is that true? maybe I will just shift to smaller modes fora while. TDM is surprisingly fun in BF4, it wasn't in BF3.

Servers were a complete mess last night. Barely managed to get into a domination server. Tried to get into conquest but I'd always get, "No servers available" and "failed to connect." Lol.

If I could, I would take a full refund. Even if they fixed the game months from now (which seems to be the best case scenario), I still wouldn't pick it up again.

Rubberband man. Game almost made me throw my controller not understanding how a full server is ok for a few games then I start rubberbanding all over the place. I log out check other servers and all my pings are at one notch when they were previously maxed???

But man when the game is working its one of the best online experiences I've had in gaming.

Neither me or my friends have been able to get into any games reliably for days and tonight the most players we were able to see in a game was four. Shittiest game I've ever bought for retail price. Dice has lost me. I can't get my money back, so I'll play, but pretty sure I won't be a customer in the future.

Speaking of not getting fixed, so on the PC side there was a bug in beta where you couldn't bind Gadget 1 to another key.

The *only* way to get Gadget 1 bound to another key is to also use the same key to build Undersling Rail.

They still have not fixed that bug.

Are the BF4 servers offline? I've been polling the bf4stats.com page on online players since a few days and a few hours ago, they consistently dropped to Zero across all platforms which to me looks like they are doing server maintenance or something?

snap_20140103.png

ddos attack by some dicks that also attacked Steam last night. As much as I think BF4 is a shoddy product, ddos attacks are not cool.

This game won best graphics of the year from Gametrailers.com recently (over Crysis 3, Metro, Killzone, Ryse, etc)

Makes me want to buy it a lot more. Yes I'm that shallow.

Cheapassgamer showed a deal where gohastings.com had 50% off used games with a certain code. This game was $54 used on Xbox One, so it could have been had for just $27.

I missed out though. But that's more like the price I'd like to pay on One. Kind of hard to justify full price for these shooters when you're as a rule not into multiplayer. Thus I buy just for the 6-8 hour campaigns.

Having played both, KZ looks much better. I'm sure others will say Ryse does too. I'd say AC4 is also better looking, Open world, 1080, less aliasing, etc. You just get more your your money when you have 2x the time per frame.

Having played both, KZ looks much better.

Indeed it does. I also own both. I might actually prefer BF4 as a game and I like the overal look better than KZ:SF, but KZ:SF visuals are just much more complex and demanding to the point it isn't really a contest anymore. BF4 is great at putting a good illusion where the graphics are concerned and the lighting is gorgeous, but KZ:SF is just doing more of everything. The only thing is; KZ just has its art-direction that makes it look less striking, more comic / rendered, which is why most people probably rate BF4 graphics higher. And then there's also a lower framerate of course.

IMO - BF4 looks better, but KZ:SF is certainly the game that has much more complex visuals.

PS: just to add - before I actually played both games and while I was judging the visuals through HD feeds and YouTube videos, I actually thought BF4 was above anything I've seen. It's amazing how many details get lost when watching it on even a medium compressed video feed, especially in KZ's case. pjbliverpool, I advice you to play both games.

Back