Microsoft Xbox E3 2013 Events - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of games... modern style games... for the PC from Steam sales. With high price of 499 (+ gold subscription á 60 per year) I don't get why people would buy this data gathering device and not slighly less limited data gathering PC. Better sales from Steam, Amazon and GMG (among others), no 24 hour crap, no kinect, much more powerful hardware as time goes by...

I think Minecraft was a 360 exclusive and is now coming to Xbox One as well.

Dan Greenawalt at gametrailers on Forza now.

EDIT: @ArcticCircle smart people have both. Or maybe even all three. I spent 850 euro on a PC last August, but games on it, the amount of time it costs me to even settle on a comfortable graphics settings, I could have earned back the money for Live and the price difference between PC and console games right in that one hour (yes, I'm slightly exaggerating, but not much ;) ). Also, being able to upgrade is not something I am excited about.

And incidentally, I think - nah, I'm 100% sure - that more people are being spied on or data-gathered from on PC than on any console.

Plenty of games... modern style games... for the PC from Steam sales. With high price of 499 (+ gold subscription á 60 per year) I don't get why people would buy this data gathering device and not slighly less limited data gathering PC. Better sales from Steam, Amazon and GMG (among others), no 24 hour crap, no kinect, much more powerful hardware as time goes by...

You can still opt out of data gathering in the privacy settings on Xbox. Can't really do that on PC.

Will the VM aspect of Xbox One mean MS can update their hardware more frequently, and have all the games carry over?

Really strong showing. Games looked great, but I'm not sure about the $499 price.
Also zero mentions about DRM and used games controversy.

No specs talk and no DRM talk just like it was predicted.

The games let allot to be desire,many were CG's or touch up replays with zero gameplay on it.

Killer Instinct steal my heart,Titan Fall = COD with mech,and Halo was a CG.

What I find a tad funny about my reactions to this and all the other info to come out so far. I don't care if Kinect watches me or listens to me. If I was going to be dumb enough to do something I was concerned about it catching I would just unplug it for awhile. I have rarely bought/sold used games. Rarely traded. Rarely rented. I do watch TV. I do watch the NFL and Redzone and play Fantasy Football. I think setting up a Cloud system now, is being forward thinking and a good bet for the future. Yet, despite all this, I rather doubt I will get an XBone.

The gall to state "We allow your friends and family members to come over and play the games you bought." As if this were some great new feature. To hand publishers the built in capacity to deny used sells and destroy rentals. To spend what must be a pretty fair portion of their BOM on the Kinect 2. Watching them spout "Cloud" and "Power" and any other marketing term they think will resonate with the uniformed in an attempt to convince people it is something more than it actually is. Seeing online modes added to games which clearly have no need solely for DRM purposes (SimCity, but the idea is being used by MS as well.) I would bet they are even going to claim a bunch of the DRM is because games have to be installed. Something which if it was even true, would have easy disc-in-tray workarounds.

I guess the bottom line is MS has offended me more than personally inconvenienced me in some fashion. The games today. Mostly I didn't much care. Quantum Break, I would consider giving it a shot. Titanfall maybe. Battlefield 4 if it was cheap, but I would have to see how long the campaign took before purchasing. Ryse looked like a Dragonslayer throwback, and not in a good way. This was the start of MS's chance to win me back, and they failed.

Oh, and 500$ for that gimped black box. Not happening.

You didn't like Ryse or Quantum Break, or Titan Fall, or that create a game-game, Project Spark?

I though KI was the least interesting. And nothing looked much like CoD.

Halo at 60fps will be nice.

Spark seems interesting too, no so sure for a realtime stuff , but definitively interesting, thanks for remembering that ;)

Quantum Break, did it had gameplay? I think it had not so I cant say...

Ryse, not really, just wait to the xbone tell me what thing I should press? No thanks. But nice gfx.

Must of it looked like CoD clones, I like FPS but not that many and certainly with variety.

60FPS is always nice. ;)

KI at least used to be nice in the past and it has different from all of the others :???:

Sure, because that's all they showed. :p

Sunset Overdrive didn't look like extreme violence and definitely looks targeted at the core audience.

Forza wasn't one of those either.

Quantum break looks more story drive than some extreme violence shooter.

And Project Spark I imagine will have just as much appeal to the core as LBP.

That's about a third of the games that were shown.

Regards,
SB
Not all, but the majority of the conference time and games shown. I was looking at the conference from the perspective of whether I buy it as a second console. I've been mostly a PS and Nin fan (I know it's hard to tell).

Spark is an LBP clone.
First party racing games are the norm and there are great ones everywhere.
Quantum Break is B-Movie acting, and from the trailer, the storyline too.

I agree Sunset overdrive looks cool, I forgot about it. That makes one game in the whole conference I'd buy. YMMV. These are my personal tastes.

It looked like you could ignore the button prompts in Ryse, they seem to be there for more cinematic hacking and slashing.

I like the idea of navigating/interacting with frozen and unstable time in QB. Pushing through the explosion was cool.

It looked like you could ignore the button prompts in Ryse, they seem to be there for more cinematic hacking and slashing.

They were finishing moves (very common in many games these days, especially of the God of War type), it was explained in a talk on gametrailers after. The fighting seems to be Dynasty Warriors like, but with infinitely better graphics. ;)

Good conference for MS. It did what they needed it to do. Stop the DRM talk. Additionally, they seem to have tied up every CoD type game as an exclusive. Assuming trends aren't changing, and it doesn't seem they are, that looks like a guaranteed win.

For me personally, though, I was not too enthused. Only MGSV DS2 and project spark looked interesting to me. MGSV and DS2 are multi though, and I'm pretty worried about the tone of those games based off of the trailers. MGS doesn't look like MGS, and I thought I would be OK with Keifer voicing snake, but I'm not... heaven help me, it's actually freaking me out. :(

Can some one tell me what they thought of the games shown graphically? Who were the winners? For some reason or another the internets weren't cooperating well today and I had to drop down to 240p, so I couldn't really tell what was and wasn't impressive.

I'm curious to see the PS4 price now... I had assumed XBO would be cheaper, but 499... I wonder what the BOM is like... Also, Pachter is cursed, that's all I'm gonna say.

I'll take it! Mine kinda pooped out on me somehow during it's diskinect. :| (The younglings were pretty disappointed not to play Fruit Ninja when they visited.)

If you're serious, it's yours. OT I'm bitter that I picked the damn thing up for four games: one turned out awesome (Child of Eden), one worked fine but wasn't for me (forza 4), one turned out to be shit, and now the last game has been moved to a system I won't own...

I wouldn't count on it. Including VAT (sometimes > 20% in Euroland) and import duties, usually a dollar = a Euro.

So 499 euro.

In Euro-crises land a little too much IMHO. Sony has a huge opportunity to undercut Microsoft in terms of pricing. Without the PS4 Eye (rumours says it's not included) they should aim for 399 euro.

At to today rate exchange $500 is €380 + 20% VAT = $450-460 max.

And yes in the UE we are in deep s*** but this is precisely why €500 is too much for jsut a cosnle.
XBO would have to pack at least 1 game and 2 controllers to be worth €500 IMO.

As someone who has a good gaming PC, $499 is a tough sell for either XBOne or PS4. Is access to a few exclusives worth that kind of investment? Especially when that $499, put towards a new graphics card will deliver better performance in multiplatform titles than either are capable of.

At to today rate exchange $500 is €380 + 20% VAT = $450-460 max.

And yes in the UE we are in deep s*** but this is precisely why €500 is too much for jsut a cosnle.
XBO would have to pack at least 1 game and 2 controllers to be worth €500 IMO.

Europe is used by big corporations for easy proffit since the beginning of the euro :devilish:.

As someone who has a good gaming PC, $499 is a tough sell for either XBOne or PS4. Is access to a few exclusives worth that kind of investment? Especially when that $499, put towards a new graphics card will deliver better performance in multiplatform titles than either are capable of.

Shit for 499 I can build a new system :LOL:

Of course reusing my copy of Win 7, power supply, and case...

$140=FX 6350 6 core 3.9 ghz
$70=Motherboard
$50=8GB DDr3
That leaves me up to $240 for a GPU, I can get a 7870/660 no Ti, or if I wait for a really good deal, sometimes 7950's go that low after rebates and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back