Forza 5 [XO] *large pics inside*

Even then, 1) you'll squint, and 2) there's no lens flare! The sun will be bright and everything else will be nigh black, at worst, but the light doesn't smear across your view as a huge white patch (with extra, numerous coloured blobs). It's the obsession with representing first-person games as viewed from a video camera that boggles me.

Light does smear across like that for some, particularly when squinting. To create your own Forza 5 streaks, just squint a bit toward the top of a monitor/TV and then wave a hand in front of it.

Never seen that aperture blade shaped lens flare though.

Light does smear across like that for some, particularly when squintin.

Yep when I squint I get the JJ Abrams lense effect.:smile:

Never seen that aperture blade shaped lens flare though.

Portfolio-Export-Print-59.jpg

S66-38032_G09-S_s.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe in Forza 5 the driver is wearing (heavy) prescription glasses, and because of anxiety problems, he always has his protective visor down.
Think about it, that would probably create the lens flare.

As for the 200 cars and 14 tracks only, as well as a 'reduced feature set' (when comparing to older racegames) don't worry, the game will still score 9.5/10 and be claimed as the best racing game ever.
Why should the developer invest in more cars/tracks/features? They can be sold as DLC or in later games.

200 cars is more than I'd ever use. If it's a good game it should get good reviews, with the number of cars noted.

I was happy enough with 3 in SEGA Rally.

Reviews are solid (Polygon 9/10!), it was probably the safest launch title considering it pedigree. Primed for DLC and light on content, but the core driving and graphics made the transition to next gen.

Yep. Some of the difference there is magnified with the washed out video capture. The sun appears to be at a different position.

The good thing is that this game will probably never drop a single frame :)

And as many have stated before in this thread, this is a truly next-gen looking game, launch game at that. Not to mention it's rendering 120 million pixels every single second. That in itself is quite a feat. Games like GT5 can't handle that natively, let alone at a consistent refresh, so in some ways, this is the most technical advanced racing game on the market today.

Looks like there was a downgrade, especially to environmental detail. Shame, that E3 footage looked incredible.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=90611423
I think that a Digital Foundry in-depth comparison is always welcome. People are asking for it worldwide after seeing the comparison.

These images show an upgrade, but the captures are so low quality that I don't know what to say. It seems like Youtube videos are looking worse by the day at 1080p. Or maybe it is just me.

http://i.minus.com/iVDDb3WY9ym4C.gif -likely a different capture, not entirely sure tbh-

ibvZeNXDQCWonc.gif

My take on it... If there is a downgrade the reasons might be that there was only one car in the Jimmy Fallon video.

Perhaps the TV where they were playing was well calibrated, too :smile2: -likely if you take into account it was a TV show-.

The video from the Youtube guy looks completely washed out, the shadows don't stand out.

The feed from the Jimmy Fallon's show could be -or not- off-screen footage, which increases contrast.

<shrug>

Last edited by a moderator:
Certain textures were improved but overall that CG feel of the E3 version is lost. That's mainly down to lighting and AA quality.

Edit: ^^lol Greenwalt makes a cameo

There are both improvements and downgrades from the E3 version, the road texture is way better, the buildings are not just different but have better textures and models, the scenery around the track has a lot more polygons being pushed with more statues and buildings.

2D crowds do suck tho.

The graphics might not be photorealistic, but the new crowd in the retail version most certainly is :cool:
I see a few octaman's there, being 2d cardboard cutouts theyre gonna be stationary.
I believe they would be better served just having ~10% of the people but actual 3d models, even if they dont move

Back