Technical Comparison Sony PS4 and Microsoft Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the only photos i have found. The first is KI the second is Ryse the third is madden using second screen/smartglass on a Surface tablet. SO i would say yeah for the most part they are using XB1 hardware.

Ryse-Gamers.jpg

Why are there locked boxes under the XBox One's? And where is the cable coming from the XBox One to the TV? I think it may be in the metal pipe holding the TV...which means it's from inside the cabinet? I wonder?

This is really no proof at all.
There are not too many cables running to the clearly visible XBoxOnes in the final design standing there. I'm very sure someone has checked the connections. Or are you implying that they've put other hardware in there? The OS is probably not final yet, but I thought we were talking about the hardware.

There are not too many cables running to the clearly visible XBoxOnes in the final design standing there. I'm very sure someone has checked the connections. Or are you implying that they've put other hardware in there? The OS is probably not final yet, but I thought we were talking about the hardware.

Game looks spectacular imo. After hearing so much in-engine and running on console spec PC hardware talk...I am just curious if the masters of Crytek achieve this with Cryengine 3 on X1 and furthermore I want to form an opinion if we can estimate the state of the development of this game...as I want it at launch :)

So, no reason to get so defensive...cheez, like playing ball with a beehive!

Billy i dont know what you are talking about. Heres more photographic proof. You didnt answer the question as to what constitutes proof. What kind of proof are you looking for?

xbox-one-e3-show-floor-625x1000.jpg

I am just curious if the masters of Crytek achieve this with Cryengine 3 on X1 and furthermore I want to form an opinion if we can estimate the state of the development of this game...as I want it at launch :)
If you ask Novum nicely, maybe he will tell you. ;)

Billy i dont know what you are talking about. Heres more photographic proof. You didnt answer the question as to what constitutes proof. What kind of proof are you looking for?

xbox-one-e3-show-floor-625x1000.jpg

I do not need a proof. It just would be cool if an actual Crytek dev here at B3D would state its X1. So, that is all, now we can move on in my opinion.

Best thing: "No animals were harmed during this discussion"!

What else constitutes proof? And is that "proof" required for every system at e3 or just xbox one?

If other consoles have boxes sitting on top of locked cabinets containing dev kits/pcs containing more powerful hardware (ms dev kits are supposed to be more powerful than retail boxes historically) pretending that they are running on the actual hardware, yes they should come under the same scrutiny.

Its a clear attempt to deceive.

So BF4 wasn't running on XB1

20130611-115715.jpg

According to MS the game was running on XB1 devkits. As a said before, let's wait until november and see what's the actual perfomance of both consoles. Specially after what happended in 2005.

So the technical comparison thread has now devolved into an argument about whether X1 games are running on PC devkits, and whether that is a deliberate attempt to deceive gamers for nefarious reasons? Fuck this forum, seriously. It's become a joke.

So the technical comparison thread has now devolved into an argument about whether X1 games are running on PC devkits, and whether that is a deliberate attempt to deceive gamers for nefarious reasons? Fuck this forum, seriously. It's become a joke.

Well, nobody has claimed that they can't run the game on a PC devkit, the problem is that is not the XB1 version of game.

And, of course, downgrades never happen. Sorry have to go to play Colonial Marines.

Edit: I assumed you were answering my post, i hadn't read the others before.

Well, nobody has claimed that they can't run the game on a PC devkit, the problem is that is not the XB1 version of game.

And, of course, downgrades never happen. Sorry have to go to play Colonial Marines.

Edit: I assumed you were answering my post, i hadn't read the others before.

Yeah, there were/are pc devkits. Mind blowing technical discussion.

Yeah, there were/are pc devkits. Mind blowing technical discussion.

I agree this is not the thread to talk about this. ;)

Edit: BTW: I'm skeptical because of what CBOAT said. But this is isn't any proof that the retail version of the game is going to look worse.

Well people are using E3 demos to compare consoles and now we know some are running on unknown PCs. Seems important to know what the output came from before you compare them. Rangers has been up and down the forums declaring BF4 XB1 demo as the best of the show.

I would love some transparency about this process. When a floor demo is holding a specific controller, they should be honest and tell us what it is running on - maybe not the clock speeds, but at least the architecture - does the demo box represent the final console? Does it have 32MB eSRAM or a dedicated 7970?

This industry in notorious for smoke and mirrors, there is no accountability it seems. What other technical field gets away with this?

Well people are using E3 demos to compare consoles and now we know some are running on unknown PCs. Seems important to know what the output came from before you compare them. Rangers has been up and down the forums declaring BF4 XB1 demo as the best of the show.

I would love some transparency about this process. When a floor demo is holding a specific controller to give an impression, they should be honest and tell us wht it is running on - maybe not the clock speeds, but at least the architecture - does the demo box represent the final console? Does it have 32MB eSRAM or a dedicated 7970?

This industry in notorious for smoke and mirrors, there is no accountability it seems. What other technical field gets away with this?

So you guys are watching vids of games at the show, declaring your best in show, and that amounts to a technical discussion? Amazing.

Edit: If the mods want to delete my posts as part of the cleanup, please do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back