Technical Comparison Sony PS4 and Microsoft Xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means that's the fast and loose interpretation they dreamed up that wasn't supported by the quotes. Happens all the time.

At least in terms of power. The dev environment part was supported.

Speaking of

PS4 is more powerful than Xbox One on paper – but Microsoft will catch up, says Avalanche Studios

Are you going to assume they really said that even though it wasn't in the article like you did for the other part? I bet not.

Well yours isn't fast and loose its outright deceitful, you're changing a possible into a yes.

If you want to say "PS4 is more powerful than Xbox One on paper – but Microsoft could catch up, says Avalanche Studios" then you'd be just fast and loose.

Well yours isn't fast and loose its outright deceitful, you're changing a possible into a yes.

If you want to say "PS4 is more powerful than Xbox One on paper – but Microsoft could catch up, says Avalanche Studios" then you'd be just fast and loose.

Huh? "Mine" was just the actual headline of the article, although it was not backed up in the body. As Brad Genz text in question was not as well.

It's very common in some of these sensationalist sites.

That's not going to happen.

i predict it could show up as a convenient scapegoat though if in a couple years ps4 games dont look as much better as they're assumed to.

i've had a few on the interwebs tell me that in regards to why ps3 multiplats often struggle vs 360 this gen. that it was on microsoft's order or whatever.

i predict it could show up as a convenient scapegoat though if in a couple years ps4 games dont look as much better as they're assumed to.

i've had a few on the interwebs tell me that in regards to why ps3 multiplats often struggle vs 360 this gen. that it was on microsoft's order or whatever.

I have a feeling last gen will repeat itself for some of the fan boy crap, yet the camps will be reversed.

We will get the 'hidden power' and 'crappy programmers' excuse once again and more imo.

guess what - epic wanted 2.5 tf box but ms gave them 1 tf + cloud ! so their relationship broke .:LOL:

I can well imagine, lots of devs were not happy about the low GPU flops....

Xbone has enough ROPs for 1080p right? IIRC Richard was saying 32 ROPS was overkill but might be useful for 3D or 4K resolutions.

To be honest i was expecting an Unreal4 demonstration , Epic and MS have a good relationship ..

too be fair they show jack and shit gameswise. what a joke. even sony's lame presser was better cause at least they played a real game (killzone) for 3 minutes.

you might see something like a ue4 demo at e3, at either ms or sony.

for how much i hyped ms event in my mind it was really pathetic gamewise, far below my worst expectations. now it's wait for e3 (luckily not far)

guess what - epic wanted 2.5 tf box but ms gave them 1 tf + cloud ! so their relationship broke .:LOL:

Dare anyone ask how's their relationship with Sony that only have them 1.8TF and no cloud? :???:

Huh? "Mine" was just the actual headline of the article, although it was not backed up in the body. As Brad Genz text in question was not as well.

It's very common in some of these sensationalist sites.

Indeed, I apologize for attributing it to you wrongly. :oops:

Sony pushing for 60fps :oops: Might be a return to the good ol PS2 days with more HFR titles.

"We might see slightly smoother framerates on PS4," he said. "We're working with Sony right now, and they're trying to actively push 60 frames per second, 1080p. You might get situations where the graphics will be a little, but not much, lower quality on the Xbox One. Or, you might get some fixed at 30 frames per second situations in 1080p. It depends on the scale of the game. If your game is going to push the heck out of the PS4, you might have to do some little tweaks [for the Xbox One version]. But if you design your game to work on Xbox One at 60, it's going to work on PS4 at 60."

"The classic example is Devil May Cry on PS3," Gilray explained. "There were some cases where they used a lot lower quality texturing compared to 360. That line will be blurred. It might be inverted on these two machines. It's early days. The reason PS3 had slightly lower quality textures on some games with Unreal powered engines was because of the speed it moved around at. Now, with DDR5 on PS4 it's going to whiz around really fast. I wonder if that will be sacrificed a little bit quality wise with the DDR3 stuff on Xbox One."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...their-say-on-specs-self-publishing-and-tvtvtv

Not sure how hard they are pushing 60fps because it seems most first party are 30.

I think that guy is referring to multiplats, which devs are probably targeting 1080p 30fps on Xbox. So might as well urge them to try for ~60 on PS4 with the power difference.

I wonder why we dont have code names for these GPU's? Unless I missed it somewhere. Last time we had Xenos and the even deeper C1 IIRC, and RSX.
They're SOCs. We have Sony's chip name, Liverpool. MS's may have been been told us in one of the many rumours and we just lost track, although I don't associate any name with the chip. Maybe it's just the One chip?

I can well imagine, lots of devs were not happy about the low GPU flops....

Xbone has enough ROPs for 1080p right? IIRC Richard was saying 32 ROPS was overkill but might be useful for 3D or 4K resolutions.

But Major Nelson Confirmed 3D and 4K support for x1.

Update: A representative from Microsoft confirmed to Polygon that Xbox One games will support both native 4K resolution and upscaling to 4K.

The next-gen Xbox One will include support for ultra high-resolution 4K as well as 3D, Microsoft's Larry Hryb revealed in a Yahoo chat session yesterday.
"Xbox One supports both 3-D and 4K," Hryb said in response to a question about the console including these features.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/23/4359450/xbox-one-will-support-4k-output-resolution-and-3d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back