Metal Gear Rising: Revengence To Seek Revenge On PC

I tried the ps3 demo and thought it looked like a ps2 game with extra jaggies, gameplay seemed ok for the brief time i played it.

If the port is decent i might try it again.

Platinum games already have experience in making PC games internally.

They made Bayonetta 3d vision thing. Theres also photos showing MGRising running in Windows Vista in windowed.

It seems their engine already multiplatform, maybe a-la cry engine?

:LOL:
This game isn't made by capcom.

Right, but it's made by a Japanese developer like Capcom.

Hence the response referencing Capcom to the following statement was perfectly valid:

"If it's a decent port I'm game ... it being a Japanese console port I'm not optimistic."

the latest japanese game that runs bad on pc are dark souls (or is it demon souls?). Only runs great after applying mods.

the latest japanese game that runs bad on pc are dark souls (or is it demon souls?). Only runs great after applying mods.

Dark Souls has a reason though. It was ported only because of fans asking for it and people wanting to play it asking for it. They were given a small budget, and they were unexperienced in PC porting, AND they didn't have too much time.

I don't blame them for anything that happened in that PC port, even picking GFWL because it'd be really fucking handy to people who are basically newbies to the platform.

PC will get MGS 4 when the X360 does. Considering Konami just announced a super duper deluxe Metal Gear Legacy package that includes damn near every canon(MGS Gameboy Color and MG2 NES are not included) game, including MGS4, and it's only on the PS3, well...

PC will get MGS 4 when the X360 does. Considering Konami just announced a super duper deluxe Metal Gear Legacy package that includes damn near every canon(MGS Gameboy Color and MG2 NES are not included) game, including MGS4, and it's only on the PS3, well...

I can't see MGS4 being released for the 360...
but at least the 360 got MGS 3 (even 3DS did :rolleyes: ), PC didn't...

MGS2 and 1 probably didn't sell so well on the PC back in the day, but they were fairly popular I guess, if Capcom released some "pack" with MGS 3 for a low enough price on Steam, I think it could have some potential...

I can't see MGS4 being released for the 360...
but at least the 360 got MGS 3 (even 3DS did :rolleyes: ), PC didn't...

MGS2 and 1 probably didn't sell so well on the PC back in the day, but they were fairly popular I guess, if Capcom released some "pack" with MGS 3 for a low enough price on Steam, I think it could have some potential...

Konami, not Capcom.

And yeah I'm surprised in this day and age with much more crossover between consoles and PCs(In terms of releases and players) Konami hasn't re-released MGS1/2/3 on the PC.

Of course, one can't really pretty up MGS3 much just by going HD/PC resolutions. It was a jungle based environment on a system that could not handle it worth a fuck. MGS2 was a much better looking game AND better able to be prettied up by HD reses because of the nature of the art style.

Interesting, but I would rather see MGS3 or 4...

This, basically. We've got MGS 1 and 2 on PC, and I've been waiting forever for them to either release 3 and 4 on it too, or for someone to at least create some kind of emulated package a la Silent Hill. I really don't see the point of porting a game to a platform that's missing at LEAST the 2 games that came before it... ridiculous. Not wasting money on a console just for two little games either, that's nuts.

Well, MGR:R is mostly a spinoff that doesn't use too much info from previous games to make its plot work. All you need to know is Raiden's a cyborg now and that's about it.

yeah those dark souls developer admitted that they know nothing about PC. The modders respond also great, they quickly fixes the problems.

hmm.. Skyrim also buggy on PC and modders fixes it.

Japan devs, start porting all of your game to PC for cheap and let modders fix it? :LOL:

Back