[PC] Tomb Raider 2013

It's sort of like Lost + Tomb Raider + Turok. Or something.

The console people say it's like some game called Uncharted too. ;)

Yeah, I watched a friend play and now I'm not so sure I want to get this.

It reminds me of the comedy gold that is Uncharted. I'm not sure if it's intended as a comedy but that is how it comes across. Hard to take the game seriously. But at least it doesn't have the "lock on" weirdness of Uncharted where certain actions have to be performed at a certain spot and the animation goes all wonky to make it happen.

Also, while watching him play, there are constant QTEs during melee combat? That is a huge turn off.

Regards,
SB

Spoiler warning.

On uncharted, Drake jokingly says that "everything he touches turned into sh**' or something. It's funny.

On tomb raodr, lara say something like :there mysterious power that prevents us from leaving this islangd:

That's why whatever lara do, it always a disaster. Some mysterious power is toying with lara.

Spoiler warning.

On uncharted, Drake jokingly says that "everything he touches turned into sh**' or something. It's funny.

On tomb raodr, lara say something like :there mysterious power that prevents us from leaving this islangd:

That's why whatever lara do, it always a disaster. Some mysterious power is toying with lara.

Isn't that also a bit of a wink towards Lost?

I hate Lost and say you're better off without it. :)

I'm somewhere in-between. I liked the first season, but my interest went down from there to the point where somewhere around season 3 or 4, not sure which, we couldn't bear to keep watching it.

I'm somewhere in-between. I liked the first season, but my interest went down from there to the point where somewhere around season 3 or 4, not sure which, we couldn't bear to keep watching it.
Just like BSG! :D

Same here. Got too ridiculous.

Just like BSG! :D
biglol.gif

Three pointer at least, good show!!! :D

Finished the game. Took me roughly 15h. What a great game!! Fantastic! I loved the gameplay: flawless gamemechanics, while offering so much different things you could do. At first, QTE were a bit difficult, but I got used to them. RPG elements are great incorporated. I love that you get XP for finding stuff, makes it worth it. Weapon upgrading is super fun and well made: you can really feel the difference when getting new upgrades. I typically just used pistol and bow. The bow with explosive arrows is the shit...wow, love the bow as a weapon...best friend :)
Pacing of this game is perfect for me, not one second was it boring during the 15h: fighting, exploring, climbing, solving puzzles. Story was well told, story itself was nice as well. End part of the game was super fun. Graphics are nice as well, nothing to complain. Only minor complain: 2 crashes to desktop.

First Tomb Raider game I played longer than half an hour. First Tomb Raider game that I liked. Overall the game is highly recommended.

PS: I love games which offer meaty SP campaigns. Bioshock Infinite was 15h fun, TR also 15h. I hope this is a trend many will follow next gen...

Well you can't expect a game like this to run much longer than 15h or it would be too damn expensive.

i was preparing to be presented "QTE final boss battle" on tomb raider, but surprisingly its normal boss battle. Yay :D

btw Lara really making too much breathing sounds.

Back