KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

The custom warzones are a great idea, but right now it has one fundamental flaw. There simply aren't enough players to support it. There are only a few thousand players playing at any time. And about half of those are playing TDM. Most of the rest is playing the standard warzone. What little is left is playing the custom warzones.

There have been more players playing lately, but they'll need a lot more for this custom warzones idea to work.

The custom warzones are a great idea, but right now it has one fundamental flaw. There simply aren't enough players to support it. There are only a few thousand players playing at any time. And about half of those are playing TDM. Most of the rest is playing the standard warzone. What little is left is playing the custom warzones.

There have been more players playing lately, but they'll need a lot more for this custom warzones idea to work.

Didn't they say they sold 1 million copies? I guess then almost all of them are playing it for SP only.

Didn't they say they sold 1 million copies? I guess then almost all of them are playing it for SP only.

Going by trophy rarity, they aren't playing much of any thing. Just over 50% of players have completed level 3, and only 16% have finished it. By comparison, 24% of players have finished Knack. But MP is probably worse off as only 3,6% have played a game on every map.

I suspect that most of Killzone's sales are from bundles, and Killzone wasn't really the game players were looking for. CoD and BF4 are probably much more popular.

Apart from about 20 mins on launch day, I only began playing KZSF today and I'm working my way through the campaign before hitting online. I'm really enjoying it, the OWL is a great mechanic and it's cool having my buddy cover my ass.

I really liked exploring the Cassandra, they made it feel really creepy. I half expected aliens to pop out of corners throughout the entire level :D

Am I correct that now using the Scout class, you can not snipe while being invisible?

While the MP seems to be closer to KZ2 than KZ3 was, I am having a hard time liking the overal complexity of the online maps and the classes. Sure, I don't really need much to actually kill efficiently (which was always a big strength of KZ IMO) but the menu is just very cluttered and complex. I wanted to just get into a classic warzone type of game (you know, the ones during the KZ2 where you had death-match, search & destroy, assasination and domination all in one match), but somehow, I've only gotten into games with TD and S&D?

Also, I really don't like most of the levels. So much verticality and full of corridors. What happened to the simplicity of the open wide classic maps such as Tharsis, Radec,.. well, pretty much every map on KZ2?

Maybe I'm just not getting it.

You can only use your knife while invisible.

The standard warzones only have a few objectives. The extended warzones should have all the objectives, if they are still available.

The most open map KZ:SF has is the Station. Guerrilla has had complaints that there weren't enough sniper maps, and they've said the the next maps they'll add are going to be more open.

Man, this game is really good, but the market is so saturated with good shooters, I don't think it's getting much attention. :(

I procrastinated partly because I couldn't figure out the UI at one glance.

Now I think my default load out is the sniper, which I hate. I will explore MP after the break. PS4 is in the office.

You have 12 default load outs, 4 for each class. And you can still edit your load outs while you respawn.

Support is probably the best class to start with. It's a more defensive class so you can hang back and support your team and learn the maps by following your teammates. You'll still get plenty of points from reviving plus a second ability. Make sure to go all the way to the right when you select an ability because the Support class has more than it can fit on screen.

The closest thing this game has to the old M82 is the Rumbler of the Assault class. It's probably the best all around gun in the game.

watched more videos of MP by non celebs on youtube and I can tell even from the videos that it is much more fun than Ghosts. Final day when I get my ps4 will be the decision day. I am just skeptical that I won't have time for it once BF4 downloads. Don't really have time for two MP games but damn I can't miss the next gen gfx festival!

watched more videos of MP by non celebs on youtube and I can tell even from the videos that it is much more fun than Ghosts. Final day when I get my ps4 will be the decision day. I am just skeptical that I won't have time for it once BF4 downloads. Don't really have time for two MP games but damn I can't miss the next gen gfx festival!

You can't tell if the game is more fun to play by just by watching it.

You have 12 default load outs, 4 for each class. And you can still edit your load outs while you respawn.

Support is probably the best class to start with. It's a more defensive class so you can hang back and support your team and learn the maps by following your teammates. You'll still get plenty of points from reviving plus a second ability. Make sure to go all the way to the right when you select an ability because the Support class has more than it can fit on screen.

The closest thing this game has to the old M82 is the Rumbler of the Assault class. It's probably the best all around gun in the game.

Thanks for the explanation ! I'm back at work. Will probably pop in one of these days to complete the game and join MP.

Going by trophy rarity, they aren't playing much of any thing. Just over 50% of players have completed level 3, and only 16% have finished it. By comparison, 24% of players have finished Knack. But MP is probably worse off as only 3,6% have played a game on every map.

I suspect that most of Killzone's sales are from bundles, and Killzone wasn't really the game players were looking for. CoD and BF4 are probably much more popular.

The trophy percentages surely give very detailed insight about how games are being played. Do they get updated constantly? For example, you could be in 1% for a specific trophy but in a month, does it update to 10% as more people get it?

The trophy percentages surely give very detailed insight about how games are being played. Do they get updated constantly? For example, you could be in 1% for a specific trophy but in a month, does it update to 10% as more people get it?

They do get updated. The played a game on every map trophy is now at 3,8% instead of the 3,6% it was before. It should also be possible for trophies to become rarer as new players start playing but have yet to get very far with unlocking trophies.

I only began playing the campaign last Sunday, completing the first four chapters and on New Years Day I did another four chapters. At the moment the completion rate for the trophies I have are:

2014-01-03%20KIllzone%20Trophies%20%28small%29.png

The Doctor is chapter 4 The Handler is chapter 8 and there are 10 chapters in total. It looks like people are working through the campaign. Progression though the campaign in Killzone is on par with people progression through Assassin's Creed IV, the completion rate for trophies for memory blocks (9-13) looks like this:

2014-01-03%20AC4BF%20Trophies%20%28small%29.png

Lego Marvel Super Heroes shows a similar completion rate. I think this is just a sign that there were quite a few great launch games for PS4 and people are probably dividing their time across them - I know I am! :cool:

I went back to KZSF yesterday. Somewhere in chapter 4 I think.

Enemies can be pretty interesting if you wait long enough. A group of them decided to charge at me from both sides. Fortunately I had enough adrenaline to revive.

Also got flanked from behind by one of the cloaked snipers last night.

The new button mapping made it less fun though. I kept pressing the wrong buttons at the beginning.

The new button mapping made it less fun though. I kept pressing the wrong buttons at the beginning.

Yeah, it took me a while to adjust to using the triggers - seven years of instinct is hard to suppress and while I was transitioning it did make for a frustrating experience. I think this is subconciously why I put off playing both KZSF and BF4 until having having spent many weeks with Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Assassin's Creed IV. Reverting to the DualShock 3 feels weird now. Bizarrely I've never had a problem using the 360 controller, it always felt right to use the triggers.

Stupid brain.

Back