Official February 20, 2013 Playstation event

Controller

ES2WoGa.png

KvbocTm.jpg

PS EYE 2.0

2Sri1fO.png

More info

In addition, DUALSHOCK®4 will come with a built-in speaker and stereo headset jack, enabling PS4 users to enjoy high-fidelity sound effects of games from both the TV and also from the controller. Combined with the Mono Headset that will be bundled with PS4, gamers will also be able to chat with friends playing online, while hearing sound effects from the controller in hand.

さらに、PS4™のコンテンツの楽しみ方を広げる専用アプリケーション“PlayStation®App”を提供いたします。”PlayStation®App”をiPhone、iPad、およびアンドロイドOS搭載のスマートフォンやタブレット*3にインストールすることで、PS4™のセカンドスクリーンとして利用し、例えば、アドベンチャーゲームを遊んでいる時に地図情報を手元で確認するといった今までにない楽しみ方が可能になります。また、外出先からPS4™のゲームを購入しご自宅のPS4™に直接ダウンロードする、あるいはPS4™で遊んでいる友人のゲームプレイを離れた場所から鑑賞することなどができます。

Through an app, iphones, ipads, can also act as a second PS4 screen.
Android devices too.

Sony stole your Smartglass idea Microsoft.

Anyone recall that when they unveiled the PS3, it was going to have 2 HDMI outs and 2 gigabit ethernet out and then by the time they announced firm release date (and price), they'd pared back on the dual ports.

So we could have something cut out by the time they have specific details on the launch.

Looked like on-rails cutscene for me and they havent said thats its running on ps4, but those fluid simulated particles were amazing.

Not sure if those were fluids... looked damn impressive though.

I think Sony is going to be competing with the Wii U in sales because either Sony is going to lose a lot of money here or the consumer is and we know how that worked out for the PS3.

Wii U is dead in the water now. It can't compete with today's show and Sony was just scratching the surface with the games and the online infrastructure.

Touche Arwin, touche :LOL:

Wonder if the camera moves itself a la Kinect, that's a nice feature that stops me getting frustrated that the stupid eye has moved (also the bulk of EyeToy 3 should stop this)

Whoops... You're right.

Instead, the cost as of that sheet (which is probably well over a year old) is $147.62 for 8GB of GDDR5.

A new application from SCE called “PlayStation®App” will enable iPhone, iPad, and
Android TM based smartphones and tablets to become second screens

Have PS4 streaming anything i want to the device i want... this is looking good Sony.

Anyone recall that when they unveiled the PS3, it was going to have 2 HDMI outs and 2 gigabit ethernet out and then by the time they announced firm release date (and price), they'd pared back on the dual ports.

So we could have something cut out by the time they have specific details on the launch.

Very possible.

I do hope they stick with the 8 GB GDDR5 though.

Back