Official February 20, 2013 Playstation event

Watchdogs was running on PC, though they do have it running on PS4 hardware in the office (from GT interview with Ubi)

I think we'll learn more about hardware and SDK details at GDC?

destiny deal was a smart move - its like cod deal with microsoft this gen . i was quite surprised on the name been ps4 and that 8gb ram!!!!!!!!

Did they mention 8 cores? I know they did mention x86. Did they specifically mention 8-core Jaguar. If not, maybe it's going to be a 4-core Steamroller APU. If its an 8-core Jaguar, will the cores be modified for more flops?

He said 8 cores and there's no reason at all at this stage to expect any kind of modification to the FLOPS throughput. So far, 102.4GB/s seems like by far the most likely bet.

I did warn everyone that we're close to diminishing returns here...

Exactly what I've been saying. Especially as you approach uncanny valley.

I think cost might end up being a major factor when all is said and done. Not sure people are going to want to pony up significantly more Benjamin's for extra particle effects.

We saw the PS4 eyetoy, it had a wire, therefore I boldly predict it can be unplugged, urgo not always on much like my current eyetoy.

Unless the controller stops working when the PS4 camera system is disconnected. The camera is apparently used to identify the controller and hence the user associated with the controller. At least that's what the presenter implied when he said that the color strip is there to allow the system to easily tell which controller it is.

Pretty sure that was implied.

Diablo 3 certainly won't be exclusive. The guy from Blizzard actually seemed like he almost said Xbox before had a pause as he caught himself and then said, "PS4 and PS3" after the pause. If it was exclusive he would have said it was exclusive, as Bungie did with the "exclusive content" for PS3. It'll be interesting if there is also "exclusive content" for Durango. So PS4, Durango, and PC will potentially all have different content. /sigh.

Regards,
SB

On the function of share. Isn't it possible to just directly "borrow games" off of another person's PS4 if they allow you to?

Watchdogs was running on PC, though they do have it running on PS4 hardware in the office (from GT interview with Ubi)

I think we'll learn more about hardware and SDK details at GDC?

They also said it was a PC configured to be like a PS4 so perhaps an alpha or even beta kit. i.e. not a top end PC.

Well, I guess this means what little interest there was in the Wii U has completely evaporated by now.

Even MS' position is looking shaky now, what with 8GB of GDDR5 and Blizzard on consoles - oh and cloud powered backcompat.

No news of the VR headset though, maybe that was bogus - or they're saving it for E3?

I did really like the Killzone game with a lot of color. However, dude you are dead wrong.
I think Sony is going to be competing with the Wii U in sales because either Sony is going to lose a lot of money here or the consumer is and we know how that worked out for the PS3.

8 Gigabytes of Unified GDDR5 memory isn't going to be cheap. You also have the dual camera bar in the box with a controller. No PS move in the box I would obviously imagine.

$500 at the very least and that is if Sony takes a huge loss. Sony didn't really learn their lesson here and so, it's Microsoft's to really lose at this point. Sony didn't show a lot of exclusives that Microsoft couldn't have simular games waiting.

Besides Killzone and 8 Gigabytes I didn't see anything that blew me away. The rest was already expected.

We also don't know all the other small details that they obviously didn't mention. We will find out before E3 I would imagine.

Did they say you can play as you are downloading a game or was that part of Gaikai stuff?

Yes they did. I think both companies will have this, and playing from BluRay disc will work the same.

It makes far too much sense, didn't really expect anything different.

Back