Official February 20, 2013 Playstation event

No mention at all of physical media yet. I'm starting to wonder if they decided to ditch Blu-Ray for the extra memory.

Now, what exactly can MS machine do that Sony's can't?

The largest part of the market does not care about the specs.
Besides, Xbox360 looked considerably weaker than the PS3 at the start on paper. We all know how that turned out in practice.

I expect that MS will have its share of social features on the Xbox too, and I still think the game streaming thing is far less about customer demand and far more about publisher control and financial benefits.

So far I don't see anything mind blowing here. They need to show a game that stands out to make this memorable.

Sorry for the frank language but fucking thank god for competition. If it wasn't for Sony we'd be stuck with Nintendo and MS's half assed hardware efforts. Hopefully this pushes MS to beef up their system and if not then they can hang it up and this is coming from a huge MS fan.

I read somewhere that the japanese codename for PS4 was "Starsha" from the anime Space Battleship Yamato wich basically symbolizes PS4 as Sonys last chance, their hail mary pass

Looks like it based on this announcement

Well one thing is certain, Sony has some guys whispering in their ear what is moving among their primary customers.. the kids.. Video of people playing, and spectating.. It's big that they can do that now, instantly, very huge. I would consider it a killer feature if the competition doesn't come up with something like it...

And dedicated hardware to do it as well..

Sony is on full steam ahead, or full retard, that is a lot to deliver :)

I would spend 599€ for such machine

That puts you in the low single digit percentages however, which does not a viable business strategy make.

Can somebody explain to me why a console needs 8GB GDDR5? I'm completely clueless regarding the technological advantages behind it - at first I thought it would mean that the console would have far more "future proofing" then i realised that the rest of the hardware isn't going to change anyway.

I don't get it. Simple answer appreciated.

Back