Formula 1 - 2013 Season

If that is the case then the best spin you can put on it is that it is a semi-automatic system. In my mind that is no different to when they banned the semi-auto gearboxes a few years back. It takes away from the skill required by the driver. The whole point of having no traction control was that it was down to the drivers skill with the throttle to avoid spinning up the tyres, not having some system taking the digital button push and sensing how much actually gets applied..
Yeah, that system (KERS autosensing wheelspin) sounds like it would be banned under the anti-TC rules

Quantum racing? all of a sudden i have no interest in their team.

It turns out Quantum Racing is new name of one of their sponsors, formerly known as Infinity Racing, so not sure it'll be team name after all

Lotus will apparently be Quantum Racing soon (next season?)
https://twitter.com/Quantum_F1

From that Twitter account:
Owing to increased fluidity in the 2014 driver market. Quantum Motorsports are postponing planned announcements until 29.10.13
So the decision is already made, team is just waiting for the right moment to announce it :)

I'm curious who they selected to fill KR seat.
This date is just after Indian GP and just after last WRC2 race for Kubica (where he was tied by contract to compete).
I know chances are slim for him to return to Lotus, but I can hope!

Lotus (the car company) hasn't been involved in Lotus F1 for a long time now, it has basically been a branding thing with nothing else going on. Remember that Lotus fired Dany Bahar who set up the deal.

The Enstone team have to yet again seek approval to change their name so they don't lose their historical money from FOM.

I think he pitted on lap 7 and then again on 59... ~52 laps on one set on tires; He should be glad he does not have to put up with them next year.

Also what was up with the soft tires? their endurance was atrocious!
Next season cannot start soon enough.

Race was meh, as the last races. Season end will be boring as well.

Hm, so in conclusion? Well...a major booo to all F1 teams, except RB, for being so non-competitive!

There's not been much to celebrate since Spa no. Grosjean, Hulk and Gutierrez have all performed well recently and that's been good to see.

Hamilton gave up at Spa, I think Alonso probably did as well then. I'm just looking forward to next season, hoping that the rules changes will be enough to make it a competition again.

Adrian Newey confirmed in a Sky interview that mid season tyre change helped RBR a lot as previous construction of tyre was too sensitive to severe loading all that RB9 down-force was creating!
It's scary to think how far ahead they would be if season started on older spec Bridgestone tyres ...

Hopefully next year rules change lessens RBR aerodynamic advantage as engine exhaust will have to be routed to a specific place behind real axle. They will still be strong, no doubt about that, but if they are no more than 0.2-0.5s ahead on pure pace then other teams can at least give them a fight for constructors and maybe even driver championship.

PS. From Alonso's twitter:
https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/status/394476208622403584/photo/1
:cool:

In principle there shouldn't be any blown exhaust next year due to the way the single exhaust exists at the rear of the car, but who knows what rule-bending the teams come up with.

See, this was a bad move from the F1 officials...they should have never changed the tires imo. All the pressure from RBR...but also from the other (quite stupid) big teams.

Up until then, it was a quite good season, with an interesting chance for Lotus. But, all of a sudden, the F1 officials made the season boring.

I really thought about writing the local german TV station an Email if they are now happy with the F1...as they were quite vocal back then about the terrible tires and so on...like a news report every time, calling out F1 for being only about the tires, nothing else.

Except, that e.g. Was smart enough to construct their car around the tires, as they said...instead of ignoring them like RBR.

Well, who cares in the end. Season is over, I hope Kimi still gets second place...that's it.

Back