Staples.com 240 gig sanddisk for $120

SSDs have been coming way down and that's pretty much the best deal I've seen yet. I've been planning to make the plunge but I don't get paid til Friday so I'm gonna miss this sale. :(

Otherwise I've been looking mostly at the Samsung 830s and Crucial M4s. If I can't get a good deal on a 256 I'm also thinking I might buy 2 128gb drives and RAID them.

Anyone know how good nVidia's MediaSheild RAID controllers are? My mobo is fairly old at this point so it would be good to know if their 570/590 era implementation sucks before I commit to anything.

Crucial M4 at up to 60% discount at Amazon!

Amazon is currently selling the Crucial M4 (all capacities) at up to 60% discount!

64GB for $72.99
128GB for $79.99
256GB for $164.99
512GB for $349.99

thats a great deal on the M4 i have a 128 gigger

My curent system is now the 240 gig sandisk as m OS/ program folder. I have a single 128 gig ssd (the m4) as my video editing scratch pad and then I have 2 128 gig vertex 2s for my games. 1 WD 1TB black drive for videos and music

That is pretty good but i've seen the 256 hit $140 before. I bet black friday is going to bring some really really good deals on this stuff. I might grab another 256 if i can nab one for $100

That is pretty good but i've seen the 256 hit $140 before. I bet black friday is going to bring some really really good deals on this stuff. I might grab another 256 if i can nab one for $100

Sure but this is the cheapest I have seen the Samsung 830 series :)

Be sure to update the firmware for it if it's not the absolute latest.

From a NewEgg Review:
Sandisk released Firmware Revision R211 for PC and R211M for Mac. Rev. R211 deals with the broken TRIM issues and a performance boost is a bonus. Those of you who have purchased this product or are thinking about it MUST update the firmware. Download the Sandisk tool from the website and run it. The Sandisk firmware updater will load the R211 revision to either a flash drive you will boot from or create an ISO image to be put on a CD. Flashing my drive went smoothly! This firmware should restore the lost performance that some of you have seen over time.

Back