Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

If anyone wants to know a pretty good spot to farm loot, go to skywatch on earth (here). Make sure you stand far enough away so the hive almost instantly respawn, and don't go up and pickup the loot right after you see it... it will stay there, so just wait until you're out of ammo. It's also best to do it with 1 or 2 others, because if one or more escape, you have to hunt them down before they respawn again. Chances are there will be a few people there farming loot already. I found a couple legendary engrams in the matter of ~30min.

This spot is also pretty good for collecting vanguard marks, because a public event comes up every 20-30min in this exact location, which gives you 4 vanguard marks each time you complete it.

Currently at level 25, but I'm close to 26. Found one legendary armor and bought another with vanguard marks. Gonna save up for a shiny new helmet that should boost me to level 27.

I've been using this spot to farm. It seems to be the popular spot AFAIK. I keep being scared they're going to nerf it. So far I dont think they have but everytime I'm questioning "Ok, is less loot falling this time or is it my imagination? :LOL:"

It's pretty boring though. Even though sometimes I can probably make more progress per unit time farming, it's more fun playing strikes so I usually do those.

Edit: This skywatch spot looks better though. I'm going to try it. I think they nerfed Crota.

Farming suuuuuucks. So boring. I've spent a few hours doing it, gotten a ton of blue engrams. No legendaries, but I did get a legendary for ranking up the cryptarch. The thing is, once you have good blue items, you're not likely to get much that's good from farming. Once your money is maxed, and your class ability tree is complete, farming doesn't gain you much unless you get lucky with orbs turning into rare materials. And ranking up the cryptarch is important, I guess, for making sure your legendary engrams actually give you legendary items.

I'd rather do the strikes. Yesterday my friend an I did a level 22 strike with heroic modifiers without a third person. We did the moon one. We beat it. The titan sub-class with the protective barrier is a game changer. Time to start doing level 24 and up.

I agree Scott Arm, but, my cryptarch is only level 3 or something, so leveling him up is one of my main goals. Also you get loot in the mail every time you level him up including strange coins. Also I dont even have gunslinger maxed and haven't even started on blade dancer (I'm level 21). So I guess it all depends where you are. I do agree it's boring.

I agree Scott Arm, but, my cryptarch is only level 3 or something, so leveling him up is one of my main goals. Also you get loot in the mail every time you level him up including strange coins. Also I dont even have gunslinger maxed and haven't even started on blade dancer (I'm level 21). So I guess it all depends where you are. I do agree it's boring.

That's true. Each time you level your cryptarch you get a bonus in the mail. At level 5 he gave me a legendary engram which I got 2 rare materials out of. It's just so mind numbingly boring. Getting blue engrams is totally unexciting now that my blue items are pretty much as good as they can be.

I went back to the Moon strike mission at level 15 with two other random people around my level. We got our ass kicked again. I don't understand how this is possible. The non-boss mobs seems to spawn faster than we can kill them at some point (mostly the multiple yellow-bar wizards). The boss never drops below half health before we wipe.

I went back to the Moon strike mission at level 15 with two other random people around my level. We got our ass kicked again. I don't understand how this is possible. The non-boss mobs seems to spawn faster than we can kill them at some point (mostly the multiple yellow-bar wizards). The boss never drops below half health before we wipe.

Just stick behind the rocks, vast majority of mobs will not come near you.
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1873599&postcount=987

Farming suuuuuucks. So boring. I've spent a few hours doing it, gotten a ton of blue engrams. No legendaries, but I did get a legendary for ranking up the cryptarch. The thing is, once you have good blue items, you're not likely to get much that's good from farming.

Once your money is maxed, and your class ability tree is complete, farming doesn't gain you much unless you get lucky with orbs turning into rare materials. And ranking up the cryptarch is important, I guess, for making sure your legendary engrams actually give you legendary items.

I'd rather do the strikes. Yesterday my friend an I did a level 22 strike with heroic modifiers without a third person. We did the moon one. We beat it. The titan sub-class with the protective barrier is a game changer. Time to start doing level 24 and up.
I have found at least 3 legendary items from farming that location I posted above after 2-2.5 hours total. But it is true that it's boring and it's more likely you'll just get a bunch of blue engrams. I just go to that spot from time to time to earn vanguard marks (via public event) and hope for some legendaries. Then I use the vanguard marks to buy legendary gear. I mostly play strike missions, and also do bounties.

Last edited by a moderator:

I dont understand that, I took on that mission around I think maybe level 12, maybe I was 14 or something I dont recall, it was pretty easy. I mean you may die a couple times, but you restart near and it's just a matter of time. That seems to be the case for most strikes. Even if you die it's just a minor inconvenience.

And I'm average to poor at games :p

I did try a level 24 I think strike, I am 21, from the playlist, I could barely even hurt the enemies. Like literally it would say immune or resist a lot when I fired on them, and their barrages of firepower were crushing. So yeah, it can definitely get too hard in a hurry, it's not like I can beat any strike, but I've never had a serious problem with one around the same level as me (not counting Heroic's which I think I've only done one so far).

I have found at least 3 legendary items from farming that location I posted above after 2-2.5 hours total. But it is true that it's boring and it's more likely you'll just get a bunch of blue engrams. I just go to that spot from time to time to earn vanguard marks (via public event) and hope for some legendaries. Then I use the vanguard marks to buy legendary gear. I mostly play strike missions, and also do bounties.

The public event thing seems like icing on the cake for that spot. You dont get those at crota.

Farming definitely seems level specific. It's helpful to me cause I need as many engrams as possible to rank my cryptarch. Once that's done it'll probably be pointless. Although, you could still farm for experience for motes of light I guess, not sure it could compete with some dungeons or bounties though.

It does seem like the game is pretty farm proof. All the guides for Light motes and Vanguard marks etc, basically say there's not really a way to cheat the game, you just have to play a lot of the high level stuff really. I guess maybe that's good design, or whatever it is it's just a fact.

You hit it though, there's really only those things to do. Bounties, strikes, crucible, daily/weekly strikes or whatever you call them, there's no way I could try Vault of Glass. I still find it fun.

what is the benefit of grinding and getting high rarity equipment?

i think i already finished all mission...
and in cruzible, the equipment are normalized right?

Not sure about PVP since I'm not a PVP guy. But Once you get to level 20, XP no longer levels up your character. You need armor with Light to level up past 20. Rare armor gives you more Light, and rare weapons do more damage to higher level enemies. If you want to do the higher level missions, finding/buying/acquiring good gear is basically essential.

but the mission is already ended. the only mission that left are "out of map" kill this kill that missions. that shown hovering on the left side of tv. im underleveled but the game did not prevent me to take them

I dont understand that, I took on that mission around I think maybe level 12, maybe I was 14 or something I dont recall, it was pretty easy. I mean you may die a couple times, but you restart near and it's just a matter of time. That seems to be the case for most strikes. Even if you die it's just a minor inconvenience.

And I'm average to poor at games :p

I did try a level 24 I think strike, I am 21, from the playlist, I could barely even hurt the enemies. Like literally it would say immune or resist a lot when I fired on them, and their barrages of firepower were crushing. So yeah, it can definitely get too hard in a hurry, it's not like I can beat any strike, but I've never had a serious problem with one around the same level as me (not counting Heroic's which I think I've only done one so far).

The public event thing seems like icing on the cake for that spot. You dont get those at crota.

Farming definitely seems level specific. It's helpful to me cause I need as many engrams as possible to rank my cryptarch. Once that's done it'll probably be pointless. Although, you could still farm for experience for motes of light I guess, not sure it could compete with some dungeons or bounties though.

It does seem like the game is pretty farm proof. All the guides for Light motes and Vanguard marks etc, basically say there's not really a way to cheat the game, you just have to play a lot of the high level stuff really. I guess maybe that's good design, or whatever it is it's just a fact.

You hit it though, there's really only those things to do. Bounties, strikes, crucible, daily/weekly strikes or whatever you call them, there's no way I could try Vault of Glass. I still find it fun.

When I hit level 26 I'll share my gamer tag. :). We will not be left out!!

The skywatch spawn spot is way better than the Crota one. Items drop much more frequently (that or you're killing more enemies, not sure). Also, it's just a lot more fun (or less boring) (things happen occasionally to break up the monotony like stragglers escaping, and having to go get ammo periodically). Then throw in the public events, it's 50X better.

Progress is slow for me right now, but the game is incredibly addicting.

I actually like how it's not just "get more experience for level up" past level 20. That would be boring. The way it is it's just something different and kind of leaves you at a loss at first, but it diversifies things a lot imo.

You restart the whole fight, that is about as big an inconvenience as it gets. Maybe you had two others to carry you through, I had the highest kills in my group but a wipe is a wipe and you have to restart.

but the mission is already ended. the only mission that left are "out of map" kill this kill that missions. that shown hovering on the left side of tv. im underleveled but the game did not prevent me to take them
There are daily heroic story missions and weekly heroic strike missions, which are basically the same missions with modifiers. But Bungie will probably add more via updates/DLC.

Plus it's kind of fun just grinding, finding/buying new gear and leveling up your character etc., so you feel more 'powerful' playing challenging strike missions.

If you don't find it fun leveling up your character beyond level 20 and playing challenging strike missions, then there's not much else to do after the main story is done, other than PVP. But again, I don't play PVP so I don't know what stats/gear transfer there.

Spent all my Motes Of Light on an Exotic Armor Engram and got an exotic for the wrong class. Lol. Be warned.

I've gotten a ton of legendary engrams over the last day. Pretty well equipped now, though I don't have the top end stuff. Seen lots of guys with items that have 25 light and mine are all 18 or 20. Got a legendary heavy machine gun. All I need are legendary boots and legendary special weapon. I have enough strange coins for a piece of exotic armour, but I don't like the stuff in the store this week.

There are daily heroic story missions and weekly heroic strike missions, which are basically the same missions with modifiers. But Bungie will probably add more via updates/DLC.

Plus it's kind of fun just grinding, finding/buying new gear and leveling up your character etc., so you feel more 'powerful' playing challenging strike missions.

If you don't find it fun leveling up your character beyond level 20 and playing challenging strike missions, then there's not much else to do after the main story is done, other than PVP. But again, I don't play PVP so I don't know what stats/gear transfer there.

thanks, so thats why yesterday i join friend's session that play the same mission again but bloody hard haha :D

Spent all my Motes Of Light on an Exotic Armor Engram and got an exotic for the wrong class. Lol. Be warned.
Lol, I just did the same. I got a nice shiny chest armor piece for Hunter class and I'm a Warlock. Tempted to dismantle it for ascendant shards so that I can finally level up my legendary gear, but I wanted to be a Hunter next any way.

edit: Wtf, just found legendary leg armor, but for hunter class again! Looks like I'm almost set for when I do my Hunter class and level up.

Just started farming now. Oh goodness. But it's funny seeing the firing squad outside the cave.

Back