Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

have you tried to hide behind checkpoint or loading area?
i have not tried heroic, but in Normal and Hard, enemy rarely chase you through a gate and never chase you through checkpoint or loading area.

EDIT:
they do still shooting at you, they just wont chase you.

On Heroic, a captain will consistently spawn in the hallway before the checkpoint to stop you from doing this. I think he is spawned on normal too, but is easy to deal with. On heroic, captains aren't as easy to deal with. It will typically take all 3 fire team members focusing target for a minute or so to bring one down.

You can hide on the sides, but mobs spawn and are more aggressive than normal and hard. Also note that not killing them and focusing on the boss is not really an option. I wasn't kidding when I said they will one shot you. On normal and hard, it doesn't matter so much if the occasional stray bullet hits you. They don't do any damage. On heroic, you notice every hit even when they don't kill you. If you have too many mobs alive then you end up getting hit by 2 at the same time and killed. We actually wiped twice when the boss had to have less than 10K hp left because a huge wave of monsters spawned and immediately launched mortars and grenades at the hallway and the side room where we were hiding - effectively killing all 3 of us instantaneously. In the end, the time we got him we saved our grenades and specials and when that wave spawned just dropped them all on top of them.

I'm sure there will be places you can find that you can cheese the encounter. Personally, I'm happy my group decided to just do it straight up instead of looking. It made the encounter feel far more epic.

I actually think the encounters were pretty well balanced. They required teamwork and some measure of skill. It made it a lot more fun to me. Normal and Hard you can really just zerg though. They become more of a contest to see who can kill the most than a teamwork exercise. I like that heroic made me work for the kill.

that description is like what i get when playing destiny on normal. maybe because im underleveled. usually the mission requirement is around 4 levels above me.

but what i dont get is, why i levelup 2 times in mars in 1 mission. while previously it is very hard for me to levelup.

I get the repetitive thing, and running past respawning enemies. I do.

But there are some cases where it's worthwhile to go with the flow and try to enjoy the experience of the co-op gameplay/story missions. One particular case where I felt it most, was when we were on a story mission near the end level boss and waves of creatures started coming out of portal gates. You killed a few then ran straight to the end. I stayed behind because, not quite know what was at the end, I stayed behind to kill them as I didn't want them randomly shooting at us while fighting the boss. If you had stayed to fight you would have discovered that we were supposed to shoot the portal gates to block them from coming through. So there was actually a method to the madness. I wasn't too worried about it though because I was already at a much higher level than the enemies. I initially thought you had ran because you were under-leveled and kept dying. Overall, once I figured it out, it was very rewarding to get through. I even leveled-up again during that firefight. Just food for thought. It didn't really bother me, but I might have thought differently if it were a high level strike/raid that relies on teamwork to finish.

These weren't the typical respawning enemies found in the world.

And you level-up up faster on Mars because you get more XP for finishing those missions as they are harder/ higher level missions.

I'm usually not an MMO kind of guy. I only played DCOU on PS4. But overall I do like the MMO aspects built into Destiny.

Yeah I think I got confused with the compass. I though they are not the main enemy, but I was wrong.

Btw on Mars I got together with other 4 people. So it was 2 fireteam together. It was much more fun although we can't speak to each other. The battle become more epic.

There's no lag problem, no frame rate problem.

So in updates or dlc, I hope bungie can easily increase player limit without worrying network and graphic performance.

Yeah I think I got confused with the compass. I though they are not the main enemy, but I was wrong.

Btw on Mars I got together with other 4 people. So it was 2 fireteam together. It was much more fun although we can't speak to each other. The battle become more epic.

There's no lag problem, no frame rate problem.

So in updates or dlc, I hope bungie can easily increase player limit without worrying network and graphic performance.

Awesome, I can't wait to try some of the 6 player stuff... I think right? Aren't there some 6 player raids or something? Or is that what you did?

I haven't even started the Mars missions yet. Been trying some of the multiplayer stuff and the strikes to see if I can level past 20 first and build up my warlock subclass more.

I just read ars review http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/destiny-its-a-small-world-after-all/ and now better understand what I experienced.

it's not the 6 player mode. I just played the normal 3 players campaign but the game combine my session with other 3 players. So I enjoyed normal campaign with 6 players :)

Btw that review is a spot on, for what I experienced in destiny. Although I did not get it how they can say the game is easy. There's so many enemy that can 1 shot kill.

The struggle with teammate to kill boss is a challenge and feel awesome.

I'm currently playing a LV26 hunter with blade dancer maxed out. (half way through gunslinger)
Missions with the Epic affix are extremely brutal and once you get past LV20 you'll have to plan your attacks much more thoroughly.

It isn't as easy as some people think.

I am having issues now. Can't play and it doesn't recognise that I have PSPlus ! Been trying to play for the last half and hour !

If you get discconected from the game, sometimes it will not recognize PSPlus presence. CLOSE the game and restart it, it will work fine then. Happened to me few times because of my rocky internet connection.

BTW today is sunday, seems like servers are struggling to serve A LOT of players.

Last edited by a moderator:
but the "skipping enemy" part, i do them very often. because destiny missions repeat the same map/route. Then when i arrived at the new location, its time to explore and battle.

I think I misunderstood what you'd meant. I skip a lot of enemies as well to get to the next waypoint. I thought you were trying to stealth your way through the entire game and were hiding during the fights. Seemed like a hilarious way to play the game, almost like a pacifist. Obviously that is not how you are playing.

I have to say, the early half of the story missions has been better than the late half. I seem to have out-leveled, or out-equipped the story missions. A friend and I are tearing through this stuff now. We probably spent too much time side-tracked on getting gear etc, but we didn't want to advance the story while another friend we've been playing with is gone for the weekend. Hopefully the Mars missions get really hard on the hard setting. I know the strike playlist will be very tough.

Edit: It's still done a much better job of balancing difficulty than Borderlands. Borderlands was like cruising on easy mode for 95% of the game. If I could get Borderlands with the difficulty balance of Destiny, I'd be a very happy camper. Destiny has been a hell of a lot of fun so far, but they just really missed on the story and the universe. Everything is a cliche, and all of the writing and dialog sucks. It's a good thing they made it play so well. The art design is pretty good in most cases. Some things I don't like. A lot of stuff isn't incredibly original. Overall it still looks very nice. Just the ideas are lacking.

If you get discconected from the game, sometimes it will not recognize PSPlus presence. CLOSE the game and restart it, it will work fine then. Happened to me few times because of my rocky internet connection.

BTW today is sunday, seems like servers are struggling to serve A LOT of players.

My last whole evening went in restarting the game and restoring licenses. Nothing worked and I played a mission on venus alone, in th end.

Do you have Plus in the same account? I have plus on a different account than the one I play in. But no other game has ever had any issues. Destiny is the first. Strangely, even Destiny never had any issues during the ALpha and the Beta.
This is the first time I am feeling angry over PSN. This kindof shit should NOT happen in a AAA game ! I have paid for plus and the game and they are unable to communicate with each other :devilish::devilish::devilish: ! What kindof checks for plus has Bungie put in Destiny? How come no other game has ever had issues?

EDIT: BTW, found a Legendary Scout Rifle yesterday, BLue, but that too is a one-shot fire mode rifle. I would have used it if it was a burst fire rifle.. But i have to say that an Upgraded Shingen-C is a beast ! I am mowing down everything with that ! If you get the Shingen-C, Keep it :D !!!!

Wow, just skimmed thru the internet and it is getting review scores like 6 and 6.5 ! WTF ! So, Diablo 3 gets 9s and 10s even when it was a bore on release and this is so much fun and get 6 and 6.5 ! WTH are these guys smoking? Yeah, the story is bonkers or lets say it isn't there, but its the same with every other such game ! Look at D3, look at Warframe !

Does it mean its a worse game than KZSF? Holy hell , no, its miles ahead of KZSF in pure and simple fun ! Phew, good that I didn't wait for these reviews, or I would have got confused ! Such awesome gameplay, with mad rush like missions and fab strikes and a Loot system I seem to love more with each sessions and an enemy with a fun AI which make sure to swarm you and beat you down. If this scores 6 in reviewer's opinions, then I am ok if I am not called a Gamer !

This is not a straight up shooter , yes, but how is that a bad thing? These same people gave Ghosts amazing scores ! In pure gameplay terms, each firefight of Destiny is much more fun than Ghosts, has much more to do in each firefight than Ghosts. In fact , the only shooters that even come close in terms of pure gameplay comparison are the Resistance games and Borderlands !

Bah, I know ppl have different tastes, but 6, hell no ! This game deserves a minimum of 8. It packs a punch, rewards your actions, is a shooter heaven and even if it doesn't have a story, it will give you fun in loads and at much higher rate and for a much longer time than any other shooter out there and that needs to be in the score -_- !
This is simply wrong, say that the game is not a regular shooter but actually a Diablo-of-shooters or ARPG-shooter, but saying its not like COD/Uncharted and rating it low: its nothing but stupid :nope: . Whatever happened to gameplay in games ?

Yeah, this game is solid 8, and if player is not interested in story and is focused in kickass gameplay, than it is 9.5/10

I'm in the latter camp. :D

Agreed. The story is meh, but the gameplay, level design/art is top notch. And this is coming from someone who typically only plays SP campaigns.
I love leveling up my character(s), and finding/buying new powerful weapons/armor. And playing coop is fun as hell. The game is really addicting.

It seems to be a love it or hate it type of game. Basically if you didn't like the beta, you probably won't like Destiny. Funny because I didn't care for Destiny, but I fell in love with it after the alpha/beta. Also funny that two of my favorite games of the year have a metacritic <8 (this and Wolfenstein).

I think Bungie has the groundwork set to make a more solid all-around game in Destiny 2.

if i ignore the story and repetition, im gladly give this game a 8.

yes this game did not offer anything new in gameplay, but Bungie polish the not-new gameplay very well and presented it in awesome boss battles. There are no "holy **** moment*" like on battlefield or titanfall that can make you proudly share a story how awesome you are. But the battle with teammate have a unique taste and story in itself. The struggle, the silliness (i think this is just for me lol), everything polished together really well.

hopefully on Destiny 2 they did not afraid to make something new or take something that fresh (like how CoD Future Warfare seems copy stuff from Crysis, Titanfall). and allow the AI to be more creative, like what they done on Halo Reach. (or they are already creative but only on Epic dificulty setting?)

*i think it was called as "Battlefield Moments" of bf series. But titanfall did not a specific name for this kind of moments.

EDIT:
i just skimmed gamestop review, i just realized that im playing as GUARDIAN not TRAVELER lol. i think the game also already mentioned that i am a guardian... ugh my dumb brain...

Wow, just skimmed thru the internet and it is getting review scores like 6 and 6.5 ! WTF ! So, Diablo 3 gets 9s and 10s even when it was a bore on release and this is so much fun and get 6 and 6.5 ! WTH are these guys smoking? Yeah, the story is bonkers or lets say it isn't there, but its the same with every other such game ! Look at D3, look at Warframe !

Bah, I know ppl have different tastes, but 6, hell no ! This game deserves a minimum of 8. It packs a punch, rewards your actions, is a shooter heaven and even if it doesn't have a story, it will give you fun in loads and at much higher rate and for a much longer time than any other shooter out there and that needs to be in the score -_- !
This is simply wrong, say that the game is not a regular shooter but actually a Diablo-of-shooters or ARPG-shooter, but saying its not like COD/Uncharted and rating it low: its nothing but stupid :nope: . Whatever happened to gameplay in games ?

People have different opinions. Reviews reflect that.

To me it's a 6/10. There's too much fundamental wrong with the game. Even the great addictive game mechanics can't hide that the game is not intellectual stimulating. It's mindless, shallow and bland. I expect more from a AAA game in 2014 and I surely expected far more from Bungie.

I really didn't expect the game to be above 80 at metacritic at first, just by what I played from the Beta.

Currently sitting at 75 (and it can still go up) for the first version of a 10 years plan is OK.

I am sure the metacritic score is going to improve with new features, planets (galaxies?), gameplay improvement like Warcraft greatly improved with new stuff added in throughout the years.

But I really would like the game to go down in the future, ie, the digital price...

Yeah from the beta I canceled my preorder...not because I didn't like what I tried but I didn't feel it warranted the "must have" preorder game at $60 status that I originally thought it would be. I'll be getting the game sometime in Dec so the price should have dropped significantly by then and there should be some DLCs available too.

To me it's a 6/10. There's too much fundamental wrong with the game. Even the great addictive game mechanics can't hide that the game is not intellectual stimulating. It's mindless, shallow and bland. I expect more from a AAA game in 2014 and I surely expected far more from Bungie.

You have strange expectations from a shooter. I didn't expect more from Bungie, like Halo its a sci fi shooter with a throw away story. You play for the co-op and that's it.

Back