Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Platforms are segregated. PS3 players with PS3 players, Xbox One with Xbox One, etc. You can take you characters from one version to another, though, so if you start on 360 and buy a PS4 your character progress will carry across, or so I've heard.

I don't think if you swtich services (PSN<=>Live) they can recognize you as the same account., but under the same service it is doable.

I don't think if you swtich services (PSN<=>Live) they can recognize you as the same account., but under the same service it is doable.

It will if you create a Bungie Net account and tie your gamertags to that.

Just installed the beta. How long do you have to proceed in the game before you can form a party with friends?

Right after you get to the tower, no?

Yah. You basically play one intro mission which isn't very long and then you watch a cutscene. Once you're at the tower you're good to start teaming up.

Has anyone figured out why, in the very beginning, the ghost finds you dead amongst a pile of rusted cars? I mean, I'm not really sure how you're dead and the ghost can just bring you back to life (amazing in itself), but a pile of rusted cars in Russia doesn't seem like the noblest of places for a Guardian's corpse to lay dead, surrounded by crows, for a couple of hundred years. The writing for this game could have used a lot of work.

And I wish they would stop resetting Heavy Weapon ammo every time I launch to an area. That's quite annoying, and the Heavy Weapon consumable refill item is expensive.
As long as very few people buy it, maybe they'll consider rebalancing. ;)

You were right! :D

Obviously, I don't know if that's how things actually played out internally but, regardless, Heavy Weapon ammo no longer resets.

Could also have been a bug. :)

What I really don't like is how your secondary resets if you switch to another one. Universal ammo ain't so universal. >_>

Yah. You basically play one intro mission which isn't very long and then you watch a cutscene. Once you're at the tower you're good to start teaming up.
Ah right. I think my memory just skipped over that (twice!) though I was going solo mostly and didn't make note of when the co-op begins.
Has anyone figured out why, in the very beginning, the ghost finds you dead amongst a pile of rusted cars? I mean, I'm not really sure how you're dead and the ghost can just bring you back to life (amazing in itself), but a pile of rusted cars in Russia doesn't seem like the noblest of places for a Guardian's corpse to lay dead, surrounded by crows, for a couple of hundred years. The writing for this game could have used a lot of work.
In Russia, junkyard produces you.

I'm more interested as to why the 20th/21st century cars/planes/tanks are there at all. Humanity was supposed to have a golden age lasting hundreds of years, did they just leave all that stuff there to rust outside their spaceport/gigantic military wall? I'm hoping there is more to the story than what we got in the beta because so far the story doesn't make a lot of sense. I think the idea of limited information worked in Halo because no one (in game) knew what the hell was going on and the player was getting information at the same pace as the characters in the story but in Destiny it feels like I am just being kept in the dark.

Maybe you weren't dead for hundreds of years?

Unless, of course your body was reanimated from skeleton?

Maybe you weren't dead for hundreds of years?

Unless, of course your body was reanimated from skeleton?

Pretty sure the ghost says something to that effect.

Yah, reading online, the Ghosts select their guardians from the ancient dead. I guess they just pick a corpse that's lying around and voila. Pretty neat.

I'm more interested as to why the 20th/21st century cars/planes/tanks are there at all. Humanity was supposed to have a golden age lasting hundreds of years, did they just leave all that stuff there to rust outside their spaceport/gigantic military wall? I'm hoping there is more to the story than what we got in the beta because so far the story doesn't make a lot of sense. I think the idea of limited information worked in Halo because no one (in game) knew what the hell was going on and the player was getting information at the same pace as the characters in the story but in Destiny it feels like I am just being kept in the dark.

Could be explained by new tech dying when darkness came and before the end end humans were using older tech while scrambling to survive.

I found halos master chief pretty name pretty stupid but so far destiny is doing ok with its semi religious approach.

The golden age was followed by an abrupt collapse and planet wide battles when humanity was attacked. That collapse happened a long time ago. The cars are there because humanity was fleeing to the safe spots (and a huge spaceport with a military wall would be one of them) when the attack happened. When the gate was shut, people would have left their cars and run towards the spaceport.

I could understand the complaint that the cars should look more futuristic if humanity had a golden age, but the counter argument is that the basic form of a vehicle may not have changed because humanity was focused on space travel rather than building new cars. However, there is no logical inconsistency with the cars/tanks/planes being there.

Pretty sure the ghost says something to that effect.

hmm, great this is going to bug me for a bit I wasn't listening well because all I heard was the imp. They should have had Peter Dinklage look like some sort of hologram, and not some flying piece of lego.

You were right! :D

Obviously, I don't know if that's how things actually played out internally but, regardless, Heavy Weapon ammo no longer resets.

Hmm, I recall that it never reset before....

Maybe you changed around your heavy weapon in between missions and that was the cause of resetting your ammo count.

Anyway, remember that changing around your heavy weapon resets all ammo count.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, great this is going to bug me for a bit I wasn't listening well because all I heard was the imp. They should have had Peter Dinklage look like some sort of hologram, and not some flying piece of lego.

Unweighted companion... stellated...polyhedron.

Maybe you changed around your heavy weapon in between missions and that was the cause of resetting your ammo count.

99.9% sure I didn't change around my heavy weapon. 99% sure heavy weapon ammo was resetting on me when jumping into an area. Could very well have been a bug as AlNets suggested.

Whatever it was it was annoying.

It did the reset on me. Sniper had ammo switched to shotgun, that was empty got 4 shells switched to sniper empty again..

Back