Nvidia BigK GK110 Kepler Speculation Thread

Humm.. then when Jen Hsu Huang said 3 Titan Zs would be 3 GPUs then it wasn't really like that.

That's a preposterous amount of money for a gaming card, but what about GPGPU? How would it compare against Teslas in terms of value?

That's a preposterous amount of money for a gaming card, but what about GPGPU? How would it compare against Teslas in terms of value?
I think a single GK110 Tesla card is on the order of $4000. This thing is a bargain if all you need are CUDA DP flops. I don't think there's any question that this thing is not for gaming. ;)

If this is case, why not 2 titan black for 2k$?
The reasons mentioned just above. And maybe (quite likely actually) that the Z uses binned parts that have lower power consumption? So better overall perf/W. To be seen... Not sure if that really matters for a workstation though.

Because that takes 2 PCI-E slots and your workstation may only have one. Or if it has two, this means you can get 4 GK110 chips in there as opposed to 2.

Your case/psu with only 1 pcie slot just probably wouldn't like the presence of a 5-600w Card. (They mentioned 2kw for the system with 3 TitanZ)

I Wonder how many of the "I just want the best" gamers will by this, or if the limit is finally found ;)

Or if it has two, this means you can get 4 GK110 chips in there as opposed to 2.
You seriously believe these cards can be stacked side by side and not cook...? :) They must use a helluva lot of power, and there's not a lot of space between two cardslots. That fan's going to be mighty strangled, methinks.

More of a pro GPU than consumer as far as I can tell. It's not designed for running Crysis 2 on!

Really? Why not? What about Crysis 3? :LOL:

Seriously, I don't see a point why we take this argument seriously. The more power for the games, the better.

BTW, if not as you say, what card do you suggest for playing games (future ones including) with minimum 60 FPS, for example?

I also think 3000 is too much... why not 2500?

Seriously, I don't see a point why we take this argument seriously. The more power for the games, the better.

BTW, if not as you say, what card do you suggest for playing games (future ones including) with minimum 60 FPS, for example?

Like said by anarchx you will get more power for games with 2x 780TI ( 6GB) in SLI who run at a largely higher boost speed.

You seriously believe these cards can be stacked side by side and not cook...? :) They must use a helluva lot of power, and there's not a lot of space between two cardslots. That fan's going to be mighty strangled, methinks.

Since they're supposed to run at about 700Mhz (slow) and are likely binned for power efficiency, I don't see any reason for them to run particularly hot.

Because you can get more performance for less money out of a number of different dual GPU configurations from the 780/290 upwards.

The only gamer that should really consider one of these would be someone with only a single PCI-E slot. And even then it would be much cheaper to just buy a new motherboard that supports SLI!

It's definitely way over priced for the gaming market but for the pro market it's a bargain. I'll wager when the dual 290x launches NV don't lower the price to compete (and Titan Z will probably be slower to boot).

Since they're supposed to run at about 700Mhz (slow) and are likely binned for power efficiency, I don't see any reason for them to run particularly hot.
"Binned for efficiency" is a relative term. It's still a hugely power-hungry GPU and the available space for air intake doesn't get bigger just because the GPUs are downclocked a bit. ;)

I'll wager when the dual 290x launches NV don't lower the price to compete (and Titan Z will probably be slower to boot).
It's quite clever to price it this high: this way, it really screams 'professional only' and allows them to maneuver away from a competitive and much cheaper AMD offering if so required, while allowing some Arabian sheiks to buy it for a gaming rig.

Back