Nvidia BigK GK110 Kepler Speculation Thread

Im dissapointed if the clocks are lower than that first leak. I was stoked for that GPU!

Actual boost clocks should be well over 1000MHz, temperature and power permitting. With 7GB/s mem, 2880 cores, and a bit higher clocks, it should come in 15% or so faster than Titan at 1440P on up to 4K. Weather thats enough to edge out 290x is another story.

http://videocardz.com/47522/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-great-overclocking-potential

The rumor has it that NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti will be available in 3 versions: 3GB, 6GB and even 12GB. Which version are you going to choose will only depend on how deep your pockets are.

0wYmaSI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actual boost clocks should be well over 1000MHz, temperature and power permitting. With 7GB/s mem, 2880 cores, and a bit higher clocks, it should come in 15% or so faster than Titan at 1440P on up to 4K. Weather thats enough to edge out 290x is another story.

If reviewers can get it up to 1200Mhz reliably I might be tempted, even at $700. Right now I'm on a 680 that tops out at 1200.

From Videocardz: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti also in special black edition."

While the original GTX 780 Ti will run at 876/928 MHz clocks, the exclusive special edition will boost to 1000/1033 MHz (unconfirmed). Both variants will have the same memory clock of 7 GHz. The clock speeds are not the only difference. The faster GTX 780 TI has no TDP limit (at least on paper). This card is basically what Uber Mode is to R9 290X, only here you get higher clocks and more memory.

According to our sources, GeForce GTX 780 Ti will arrive with black cooler, so this is more than just a new BIOS.
It looks like memory clocks are unchanged so I'm guessing 7 Gbps is as far as they can push it. Interestingly, with a 1 GHz core clock, this 780 Ti "Black Edition" would slightly beat the 690 in terms of GFLOPS.

I expect that from Nvidia ever since the gtx 680. That cards was given low voltages to make the gtx 770 possible.

Doubtful since between those cards there is over a year. And GTX 680 OC editions already provided the performance of the 770.

This kind of behavior only makes sense when two products are competing at the same time like the 780 Ti and the 780 Ti Special Edition.

I'm thinking it's just AIB's own name for it, not any "official NV product", since it also says just GTX 780 in the GPU instead of "GTX 780 GHz Edition"

I'm thinking it's just AIB's own name for it, not any "official NV product", since it also says just GTX 780 in the GPU instead of "GTX 780 GHz Edition"
As part of NVIDIA's branding consistency initiative, the formal name of the GPU is always in the green band on the box.

e.g. http://www.evga.com/products/images/gallery/01G-P4-3656-KR_XL_8.jpg

The name will include Ti, Boost, etc. So if it doesn't appear in that box, it's not NVIDIA's designated name.

http://videocardz.com/47576/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-official-specifications

The most interesting part is that GTX 780 Ti still has high number of 64-bit CUDA cores, with the same ratio as GTX TITAN — 1/3 of FP32. So technically the only benefit of having a TITAN right now is 6GB frame buffer.

Didn't expect that, so it will be faster than Titan for CUDA compute, higher clocks except when dataset exceeds 3GB.

Moving on to power characteristics. GTX 780 Ti has much lower TDP than 290X, which is 250 watts. This is actually the same number as for TITAN and 780.

That B1 revision(?) is pretty good when it comes to power consumption even with more CUDA cores enabled.

That's about in line with expectations.

Absent some performance enhancing driver, The 290X's single GPU performance crown will be short lived.

Back