Crysis 3

Origin is fine.
I haven't used it for a while, but it used to be spammy with advertisement when you quit games with no setting to turn that off. Spam is not fine, it's all over the place ... but still not fine. Also Steam does let you turn it off.

I haven't used it for a while, but it used to be spammy with advertisement when you quit games with no setting to turn that off. Spam is not fine, it's all over the place ... but still not fine. Also Steam does let you turn it off.

I don't remember any ads when I played Mass Effect 3 a couple of months ago.
But maybe it just didn't bother me, or it wasn't intrusive to the point of having me remember it.
Steam also has an annoying popup every time I log in, with the offers from that day. Can we turn that off?

If those are actually shots of "playable" gameplay and not slideshows, I'll be suitably impressed. The quality of AA at first glance appears to be quite impressive, although I did spot some places where it was less than perfect.

And wish they had lined up the texture better in this shot (http://i4.minus.com/iblFHatdSyXrFU.png ) It's disconcerting with the partial "bumps" with the associated "valleys" being covered by the walkway in a very unrealistic manner. I'm sure they wouldn't be able to address something like that "everywhere" in the world. But is one of my pet peeves with "depth textures" like POM.

Regards,
SB

Ok i feel for those guys who don't have DX11 cards but seriously, If you compare Crysis 3 on PC to Consoles it looks like a solid generation difference (Launch title)

In my opinion it looks better but not a generation difference.

Here are the anti aliasing measures that will be achieved on "normal" [read: single GPU, non-Titan] PCs:

No AA
http://www.abload.de/img/crysis32013-02-1822-4mnqx8.jpg

2xsmaa
http://www.abload.de/img/crysis32013-02-1822-45jqe8.jpg

8x MSAA
http://www.abload.de/img/crysis32013-02-1822-4vpqcv.jpg

Of course, downsampling will give more impressive results, but it will cut FPS down hard.

Is there a 4xSMAA? 2x just doesn't do a good enough job with edges.

Regards,
SB

In my opinion it looks better but not a generation difference.

I'd like to see some comparisons with the PC version at lowest.
The minimum requirements are pretty steep, and even an 8800GT is usually enough to have the PC versions running and looking better than on consoles.

Straight MSAA is pretty useless these days. It doesn't touch shader effects or alpha textures. Alpha test AA (transparency AA) still misses specular shader stuff.

I think something like MSAA + SMAA could be nice. FXAA and MLAA are way too softening.

SSAA is just too demanding to add on top of Crysis games. Maybe something like 2X SSAA would be a decent improvement without murdering frame rate.

So the reviews are out and it seems to be a solid 75-80%.

The only negative review goes to Kotaku, where this "reviewer" is someone who played with everything set to Low because according to him, it was the only way to play the game @ 1080p with steady 60fps. He allegedly played it in a mid-end PC, with a 2.8GHz i5 and a GTX 660.
The whole review is like a simple list of every single mistake he could find in the game. The weirdest part is that while he claims he played it on the PC, every single video with glitches and bugs comes from a X360.

I usually like Kotaku's reviews, but this one was filled with the stench of an anti-IQ-evolution political agenda. Or maybe they just shouldn't put people who are completely oblivious to PC hardware reviewing PC games.
Or maybe I could make a living reviewing PS360 games with the consoles connected to a 15" CRT TV with a mono speaker, through a S-Video connector.

Hmmm seems like nobody on B3D is playing this game!! Anyhow first impressions are that it's a gorgeous game..best looking I've ever seen. I am having some problems with antialiasing on my Radeon 7950...seems like none of the options make that much difference. The edges of the blades of grass are especially offensive. Anyone noticing these issues on ATI hardware?

Back