Crytek Presents: CRYSIS 3 [PS3, 360]

Really interested to see how this turns out. Though I had hoped they would have waited for next Gen systems. :???:

Regarding the framerate, didn't the port of crysis 1 have a more consistent framerate than crysis 2? It will be interesting to see if they are able to make any noticeable improvements for the current systems.

Just recently finished Crysis 2, thought it was very good. It is one of those games that gets much better in the second half compared to the first. Count me in for Crysis 3 that's for sure. Kinda cool that they are going back to a jungle setting for Crysis 3.

Just recently finished Crysis 2, thought it was very good. It is one of those games that gets much better in the second half compared to the first. Count me in for Crysis 3 that's for sure. Kinda cool that they are going back to a jungle setting for Crysis 3.

I wish the soundtrack would just be "welcome to the jungle" on repeat.

It'll be interesting to see if Crytek learned their lesson from Crysis 2 with relation to the PC crown. DX11/ultra settings from the start and plenty of graphics options......
What lesson? That PC gamers will say, "I pirated it because screw them for not pushing my system to the max!" instead of saying "I pirated it because screw them for making a game the best PC can't run on ultra settings"?

Or they could just release it with the settings it eventually got from the start and neither of those scenarios would have been accurate. And please dont make out that all pc gamers are pirates. There are plenty of pc gamers here at b3d and i havent seen one post about pirating either game for any reason - despite some people having genuine grievences with the second game.

All they had to do is fix that stupid AI and i would have called Crysis 2 best Fps Single player of 2011.
I double dipped the game(360,pc) bought it on amazon last week couldn't pass it for 7.50.

I was being semi-sarcastic (since B3D is one of those places where acting like you're some kind of moral hero for pirating software will get you run out). But IIRC, the reason Crysis 2 was targeted at consoles was that the pirate:purchase ratio on Crysis 1 was somewhere north of 10:1. And despite complaints with Crysis 2, it actually did look a lot better on PC than on console. Contrast that with the COD games, where the only difference on the PC is higher resolution, AA, AF, etc.

I didn't have any complaints with the AI. The enemies rarely saw me, and I made them die a lot. It was a lot more fun than a COD campaign.

All they had to do is fix that stupid AI and i would have called Crysis 2 best Fps Single player of 2011.
I double dipped the game(360,pc) bought it on amazon last week couldn't pass it for 7.50.

Yeah, I double dipped it as well (though I think I paid 20+ some months ago), anybody with a PC+console probably did. I bet it held it's price and sold pretty well over time, even though Crytek was a bit disappointed for it's sales initially (I recall them saying "sales according to plan, but secretly we had hoped for more") and that is why we are getting a sequel. It is one of the highest production value games out there and especially on PC. And for all the bashing for being consolized, it's also one of the few games that bothers to look noticeably better on PC.

Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation's motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. These were CELL's covert attempt at a land and technology grab in its quest for global domination. "With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet's quest for retribution," reads the official blurb.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-16-crysis-3-confirmed-set-in-new-york-first-story-details

So now the both the Ceph and Cell are trying to take over the world? They really aren't worried about making any sense at all.

Screenshots are here!

Crysis3_screens_3_1334588724.png

Crysis3_screens_2_1334588630.png

Source

Looking at those pics... This should have been a Next Gen Launch Title...

And if I'm right... Crytek might port over a proper Crysis 2 & 3 to the Xbox 720 and PS4.

At least on my PC I know I can get very close to the IQ shown in the pictures, on console...well that's a different matter.

But yes, they should of held this for a next gen console launch title.

Does this game really deserve another numeral?
It looks just like Crysis 2 with broken buildings a more trees. Probably has the same main character from the last game. This should be called Crysis 2: Urban Jungle or something.

Anyways, looks like a good looking game, although these must be bullshots cause I can't imagine the game looking this clean.

Looking forward to some of the enhancements they will bring to the PC version, and hopefully they'll have made improvements to the PS3 and Xbox 360 console builds for a stable, never below 30fps experience.

I didn't even bother with the second after hearing feedback about the linear maps and stupid AI. I was going to purchase it after the DX11 patch came out but seeing what they did with tessellation I was pretty damn annoyed to say the least.

Will the PC version make proper use of tessellation this time, not just 1mil poly concrete blocks with no noticeable increase in detail? How about clipping so the heavily GPU taxing tessellated water isn't rendered in just about every scene... without water. Or will Nvidia pay them some money to purposely make things inefficient again? Just to play on the strengths of their GPU's vs the competition while still making the customer lose out on both sides.

If they don't do this stuff properly this time the game is going to look inefficient and probably not that impressive once the first next gen console games role out.

At least on my PC I know I can get very close to the IQ shown in the pictures, on console...well that's a different matter.

I really need to find a summer job fast. Need money to make a new pc or upgrade current one new mobo time a ivy bridge one and whatever the best money/power gpu is around august/september. And put some money aside for next gen xbox ;)

They need to bring out stuff regularly to promote their CryEngine 3 engine, so that developers pick it for next-gen development (as well as current gen). That needs to be done now, and cannot wait until the next gen actually launches, because by then it would be way too late.

Back