Reiko

Regular
Crytek Presents: CRYSIS 3 [PC, PS3, 360]

eJcQO.jpg

Leaked on Origin...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Prettier banner leaked already

6jfig.jpg

Also it's on PC too case anybody wonders at the omission in OP.

GAF already has speculated a lot, common things: Still seems city environment (GAF: eww yuck gross etc), possibly building in the back (Reiko's pics) looks like Sydney Australia location.

I'm pretty psyched, as well as kind of shocked. I would have assume Crysis 3 would be next gen+PC not current gen+PC.

Looks to me like they're just doing one based on the Crysis 2 engine (yeah I know it's cryengine 3, but that term seems a bit meaningless as they claim it scales to next gen). Hopefully the framerate is better, and hopefully it's 2012! I enjoyed Crysis 2 so I'm ready.

A better framerate IS A MUST!

Also:

Fix Aggressive LOD pop in
Uses FXAA

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the framerate in my post! Hopefully they clean that up.

Though, I'm the farthest thing from a framerate whore you'll find (my motto is if your game isn't ~30 with dips to ~25, you're not trying to push the machine hard enough), the framerate in C2 actually was noticeable to me, though i will say only directly after playing another game with a better framerate. If I just played C2 several days in a row it didn't bother me.

Also, an fix for the aggressive LOD would be great but I've noticed it is the #1 concession the greatest looking late gen console games are using (BF3, Killzone 3, IIRC Gears 3, all loaded with pop in), suggesting there is no way around it, that they are consciously trading better visuals for pop in as a design choice. Still C2 was worse than even all those.

Both excited and disappointed at the same time. I really wanted it to be on nextgen consoles instead of sub hd quality ps360 ports. But then I can't wait to see what the Ultra setting can bring this time on PC. At some point I wish Crytek to release a Full HD 1080p remaster for nextgen consoles.

my motto is if your game isn't ~30 with dips to ~25, you're not trying to push the machine hard enough
Well Uncharted 2/Uncharted 3 run at an extremely stable 30FPS with little to no dips throughout the entire game, and they do push the machine hard. :p
Same for Gears 3.

Psychologically, a framerate dipping beneath 30 FPS sure gives me the impression that the hardware is being pushed beyond its limits, but in almost all those games I've wished that they had just cut down on the graphics to make the framerate stable instead...This generation, Mass Effect 1 clearly drew the line regarding how low a framerate can dip for me

If you're tired of guys shooting things, this isn't the genre for you.

I enjoyed Crysis 2 very much. It's one of the better SP campaigns I've played in quite some time.

If you're tired of guys shooting things, this isn't the genre for you.

I enjoyed Crysis 2 very much. It's one of the better SP campaigns I've played in quite some time.

Whaaaat? I completed the game on the hardest difficulty and i must say ... i have never ever seen so stupid AI/cheating AI in years ...

It'll be interesting to see if Crytek learned their lesson from Crysis 2 with relation to the PC crown. DX11/ultra settings from the start and plenty of graphics options......

I played Crysis 2 recently. It's still great game. I hope they can fix the AI, get rid of the infinite respawning, and make it 720p for Crysis 3.

I was beginning to why there weren't more FPS's to look forward to compared to last year.

I hope this time crytek use the 'whole' ram for the graphic in the ps3 & not just the single 256MB pools because the memory is enough limited for others reasons...

Back