News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you actually look into the Rewards program it's not actually done by Microsoft, but they officially sponsor it. ePrize LLC out of Michigan administers it.

Is this an Xbox sponsored program?
A. Yes. This is a site managed by ePrize on behalf of Xbox. Xbox LIVE Rewards is a loyalty program sponsored by Microsoft Corporation.

http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/

Tommy McClain

Does anybody know anywhere that is selling Kinect2 sensors at a reasonable cost? It appears that places such as a Gamestop increased their prices on reselling the sensors after MS made their announcement of how much they were going to sell the stand alone unit.

I thought I read on here that in the UK (?), people were dumping their sensors and they were available for really cheap for whoever wanted to go buy one.

They're at least $70 on ebay, and at that price, one might as well just pay the $100 for the original sku.

Does anybody know anywhere that is selling Kinect2 sensors at a reasonable cost? It appears that places such as a Gamestop increased their prices on reselling the sensors after MS made their announcement of how much they were going to sell the stand alone unit.

I thought I read on here that in the UK (?), people were dumping their sensors and they were available for really cheap for whoever wanted to go buy one.

They're at least $70 on ebay, and at that price, one might as well just pay the $100 for the original sku.

What's bad is that Gamestop only gives $25 trade in for a Kinect 2 and sell it for $100+.

What's bad is that Gamestop only gives $25 trade in for a Kinect 2 and sell it for $100+.

Same as everything else they do. Actually most items are much worse...

A game over six months old, lets say Gears of War 3, I think they give you 20 to 40 cents for. Literally.

Yeah, sorry. My conclusion was correct but my math was off. I should stop trying to do multiple things at once while at work. In the future, I'll try to focus on the important things, like making sure my posts are correct! :)

Every 5,000 points are worth $5. So the 50,000 offer is the same as a $50 MS gift card.

I didn't get it for anything in particular, I don't know why I got the "exclusive email offer".

It just says if I buy an Xb0x and log into Live prior to Oct 6, I'll get 50,000 reward points.

You should have gotten points for gold memberships, but maybe you don't get them because they only count if you buy them through MS? I've got 3200 points, 3000 are from a 12 month Gold Renewal and 200 are for making "Champion" level in Achievements. The next levels are Legend and then Master, which is unlikely, but it does show you how many points you get for doing things like watching Netflix a lot or using different apps like ESPN.

If you're buying your 12 month Gold Memberships for more than a $3 discount than you're better off doing what you're doing, rather than getting the points.

Looking at the lifetime stats, apparently they used to be giving MS points and I probably never noticed that I had a few hundred more MS points than I actually purchased. Then again, looking at my stat dashboard, it says I didn't play any games last month, so something is a bit odd.

Log in and see what's up with what. I never cared until I got that email that said it was their "largest rewards points offering ever" and tried to figure out exactly what the return would be.

http://rewards.xbox.com/

I also received the 50,000 points offer via email. Too bad they didn't extend the date far enough for me since I'm gonna be getting the white console.

They're only giving $25 trade in? Wow, their website says they are selling them for $125.99.

Simply outrageous. I think they were selling them for $75 or so before the stand alone price announcement.

I also received the 50,000 points offer via email. Too bad they didn't extend the date far enough for me since I'm gonna be getting the white console.

Yes, that deal is going to be over for me as well. I'm going to hold off to see what MS offers in Oct after they see their Sept NPD numbers and how they got massacred due to the PS4 Destiny bundles.

I could need some tips on getting games from the XBOX store, cheap.

I am interested in Horizon 2, tried to demo, was entertained and would like to play some more.

Since i am in Europe it seems i can do the switch region switch?

Yes, that deal is going to be over for me as well. I'm going to hold off to see what MS offers in Oct after they see their Sept NPD numbers and how they got massacred due to the PS4 Destiny bundles.

Do you have to own a One or just login to Live on a One? Big difference. :yep2:

News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

I'm getting the free Games with Gold for Xbox One even though I don't own one. I just sign into the web site with my Xbox Live Gold account & purchase them.

Tommy McClain

I'm getting the free Games with Gold for Xbox One even though I don't own one. I just sign into the web site with my Xbox Live Gold account & purchase them.

Tommy McClain

WHAT!!! I didn't know you could that. Going to start doing the same...I will own an X1eventually and don't want to miss out on these freebies.

Edit: Cool! Just got Crimson Dragon and Super Time Force. I appreciate the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon UK: Xbox One + Kinect + Destiny for £349.

Same price as Kinectless version. That's got to be a pricing error ...? All the other Kinected bundles are loads more expensive, as usual.

WHAT!!! I didn't know you could that. Going to start doing the same...I will own an X1eventually and don't want to miss out on these freebies.

Edit: Cool! Just got Crimson Dragon and Super Time Force. I appreciate the info.

:) You're welcome. BTW, keep an eye out on my Google Spreadsheet. I try to update it as soon as they announce the new titles. I've already updated it with October's offerings.

Tommy McClain

I'm just waiting for the right bundle with Kinect for me to jump in.

I'll have to wait until February when I get my tax refund, but yeah I want the Kinect bundle too. Hopefully they have a free game bundled with it by then.

Tommy McClain

I'll have to wait until February when I get my tax refund, but yeah I want the Kinect bundle too. Hopefully they have a free game bundled with it by then.

Tommy McClain

I'm looking closer to Black Friday at the latest.
On my immediate pick up list is Killer Instinct, Ryse (used), Forza Horizon 2, Halo MCC...
There are probably others, but those are a solid start for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back