News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the voice command section wasnt real i thought? every time he did voice commands he went to his pockets (to change the tiles).

It would be impressive if voice commands worked so well in those circumstances. That should be representative of voice though. "Go to..." working for things that aren't already on-screen will make it much more useful than 360 voice. Kinect can see open and closed hands now, so grabbing is in.

Makes sense because it was out date sports-wise... like Mehdi was showing off features about switching to sports event coverage that already happened... it was strange.
Strange, why? It was a presentation, not a demonstration... It's entirely reasonable the thing's pre-recorded/run by a wizard behind the curtain, to avoid the possibility of embarrassing and distracting fails cropping up unexpectedly.

And third party developers should learn to take advantage of potential opportunities in the XB1 exotic memory architecture, ESRAM and DMEs.
Xbone's memory architecture's anything but exotic. The so-called DMEs are DMA channels. Stuff that have existed for decades. Big whoop. Don't go all fannish and expect all kinds of magic spawning out of them, because that's not where any significant power of the hardware resides.

for what ? They have 18 days and I don't actually see anything wrong with the os. We also don't know when the individual parts of the system are updated through. When was IE last updated , the build date is the 30th of oct but IE may havel ast been updated in sept and a new build isn't schedualed to roll in till nov with the main line.

Until I have my hands on it in my living room. It was just excitement. I love the look of the GUI. Everything feels 1 step less than it did with our Metro interface on the 360 currently.

IMO X1 will be visually competitive enough that it won't be a factor with most gamers.
It seems that the console has been meant to be a mix between a capable one for traditional gaming, while adding to it some mainstream features.

This is noticeable in the way some of the people who worked on it talks about certain games, or companies.

For instance, they say that Rare hasn't been designated as a Kinect only developer and that they will be supportive of other suggestions when designing games --thanks to victor018 for the news.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/31/rare-hasnt-been-designated-a-kinect-only-developer

I just hope they can find out a workaround to use some of the programmable audio cores meant for Kinect for extra audio effects, just in the same way they are open to the idea of unlocking the extra 10% of the GPU.

Ms has designed the whole Xbox experience around the Kinect 2 but there is not one Kinect game coming along that I'm excited for. I have no problem paying the extra 100 bucks over ps4 to get the technology but damn you gotta use it. I've heard no mention of any Kinect gameplay in cod or bf3. If they offered innovated gameplay aspects with Kinect in any game that the slight graphics disparity to ps4 wouldnt even be a factor for gamers when time to purchase.

I figured developers would be really concentrating in making some awesome new gaming experiences but I have heard of or seen hardly anything.

There's on so many times saying "Xbox on" where its gonna seem cool before this new Kinect joins Kinect 1 in the draw of my entertainment center

Ms has designed the whole Xbox experience around the Kinect 2 but there is not one Kinect game coming along that I'm excited for. I have no problem paying the extra 100 bucks over ps4 to get the technology but damn you gotta use it. I've heard no mention of any Kinect gameplay in cod or bf3. If they offered innovated gameplay aspects with Kinect in any game that the slight graphics disparity to ps4 wouldnt even be a factor for gamers when time to purchase.

I figured developers would be really concentrating in making some awesome new gaming experiences but I have heard of or seen hardly anything.

There's on so many times saying "Xbox on" where its gonna seem cool before this new Kinect joins Kinect 1 in the draw of my entertainment center

Personally I like the fitness stuff and the fighter within. Supposedly you can look around corners in the fps' that are coming out.

Im an avid fighting game fan. Soul Calibur is my game. Is Kinect voice recognition good enough to recognize my command and actually play with controller in hand?

BF4 will have Kinect support, the same for Forza 5, Ryse, Kinect Sports, Zoo Tycoon, Dead Rising 3, Fighting Within and the golf game.

I think you will see a larger effort from developers this time around than with Version 1.0. Now there's a Kinect in every living room a top the Xbox One. They can put assets or teams toward developments of software products without worrying about who may have access to it. Lower risks, greater rewards. As it's no longer an optional to buy peripheral. It's now part of the environment.

Its not optional to buy. Its optional to use.

Not sure if ms has relaxed to TCS about its use by devs though. At one point it was stated every game must use kinect in some way but if its use is now optional I cannot see that still being the case.

Exactly what DJ12 said.

I can understand not having many Kinect based gamed at launch but what games or functions are on the horizon?

As a consumer I need to see something. Right now I'm looking at inferior graphics plus a 100 buck difference with nothing too look forward too concerning the Kinect.

I'm still gonna buy X1 as Im a Live fan and I just prefer the whole experience better but MS is falling on their ass in regards too Kinect.

Ms has designed the whole Xbox experience around the Kinect 2 but there is not one Kinect game coming along that I'm excited for. I have no problem paying the extra 100 bucks over ps4 to get the technology but damn you gotta use it. I've heard no mention of any Kinect gameplay in cod or bf4. If they offered innovated gameplay aspects with Kinect in any game that the slight graphics disparity to ps4 wouldnt even be a factor for gamers when time to purchase.

You can lean and shout for ammo in BF4 if that's your thing

Exactly what DJ12 said.

I can understand not having many Kinect based gamed at launch but what games or functions are on the horizon?

As a consumer I need to see something. Right now I'm looking at inferior graphics plus a 100 buck difference with nothing too look forward too concerning the Kinect.

I'm still gonna buy X1 as Im a Live fan and I just prefer the whole experience better but MS is falling on their ass in regards too Kinect.

The fitness package is a huge deal. Some of that stuff like px90 can cost $200-$300 alone on the set up and it wont monitor your heart rate or if your doing the exersices right.

I would expect a lot of Kinect stuff in 2014

Have you missed that they made it optional for good reason?

Optional in usage. But if you as a 3rd party wanted to make a game, one of your worries in terms of accessibility is no longer there. As everyone has one.

It's a smart move in my opinion to get acceptance and usage out of it. I do however agree they need some killer applications and games to go with it. The stuff we've seen or rumored is promising. But now there's no reason why there shouldn't be a title that utilizes everything the system and device has to offer.

Exactly what DJ12 said.

This:

BF4 will have Kinect support, the same for Forza 5, Ryse, Kinect Sports, Zoo Tycoon, Dead Rising 3, Fighting Within and the golf game.

And I can add Crimson Dragon and Dark Dreams Don't Die (D4).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back