News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shifty, the thing to remember is that console hardware is expected to become cheaper over time, while remaining just as able to run all the games. A large portion of the market won't buy in at the starting price and thus the vendors need to lower the price through the cycle. That can't be done if they refresh to more powerful hardware.

You can sell two consoles at the same time.

Cheapest X360 is now just $180. If Microsoft was to phase it out at $300 and reintroduce an early X1 at $500, they would have lost at least half their sales IMHO. Without enough units out there, the software sales will suffer too. It'd be suicide.

And again, a marginal refresh wouldn't allow a sufficient jump in visuals, and would only serve to mess up the life of developers and publishers.

The time for the new consoles is now. Even just a year earlier, the hardware would have been too weak; and a year later it would've been too long for a single generation and other vendors and platforms would've become a much bigger threat too.

Meh , xbox one is a 8 core jaguar set up at 1.78ghz or whatever with a 1.3tf gpu and 32 mbs of esram and 8 gigs of ddr 3

This will drop next year in cost and again in 2015 and again in 2016.

IF MS decided in 2016 to put out the xbox two also using a 8 core cpu but perhaps the replacement to the jaguar and instead of 1.78ghz have it at 2.5ghz with a 5tf gpu and 96mbs of esram and 16 gigs of ddr 4 ram we would see another step up in graphics. 1080p would be something easy to hit

They could slot that in at $500 with Kinect and move xbox one down to $250 with no Kinect.

Both systems could play the same games . You'd have battlefield 10 at 720 on the xbox one but then 1080p with all the bells and whistles that neither of the new systems can handle.

There will be a lot of people willing to upgrade and for people who aren't they can play in lower res and less eye candy on the one.

2016 would only be 3 years. So maybe 2017 . 16nm finet should be widly avalible .

looks slick although too much green for me

What about gray?

BYGPyRpIMAAvDV6.jpg:large

Holy multitasking batman!
It's just me but even if incredibly slick and simple it still make me confused.

About the pixel war: the majority of the ps3 multiplatform where visibly inferior, someone got better with a patch, but many others had terrible texture and framerate.
This never stopped people from buying ps3 instead of 360, because this technical aspect are only for nerd and fanboys. Mind you what 1080 vs 720 difference can be for the mass market.

That is indeed pretty neat, for users that relies heavily on services... That is the issue I have with the xbox one (and the 360 to a lesser extend), everything is behind the paywall.
One may dispute that owning a XO and not being a live subscriber makes not much sense, makes me wonder if MSFT should have simply gone with a subscription model and no silver account (lowering the price +contract), I know there would have been complain sbut looking at what the competition does there is really no point in the XO without live gold subscription.

Other than that it looks really great and useful.

It became known just after e3 that MS presentation was prerecorded.

Makes sense because it was out date sports-wise... like Mehdi was showing off features about switching to sports event coverage that already happened... it was strange.

I was asking more about the the functionality that he showed off... grabbing and extending the movie, swiping with his hand... speaking clearly and immediately to the xbox... it was super smooth.

Completely agree. The exclusive launch games are well prove that XB1 much more capable than as the first multiplatform games show for us. And third party developers should learn to take advantage of potential opportunities in the XB1 exotic memory architecture, ESRAM and DMEs.

Makes sense because it was out date sports-wise... like Mehdi was showing off features about switching to sports event coverage that already happened... it was strange.

I was asking more about the the functionality that he showed off... grabbing and extending the movie, swiping with his hand... speaking clearly and immediately to the xbox... it was super smooth.

the voice command section wasnt real i thought? every time he did voice commands he went to his pockets (to change the tiles).

Less than 3 weeks....

for what ? They have 18 days and I don't actually see anything wrong with the os. We also don't know when the individual parts of the system are updated through. When was IE last updated , the build date is the 30th of oct but IE may havel ast been updated in sept and a new build isn't schedualed to roll in till nov with the main line.

Does anyone know if a Gold account for X360 also work with X1 or do you have to have two separate Gold accounts? If you're only allowed one Gold account with a specific Gamertag do you have to "migrate" that account over when using the X1? Can you be logged into both X360 and X1 with the same Gold account?

AFAIK, Gold accounts will work on both XB360 and XB1.

I'm not certain if it's possible at the exact same time, but there is no migration process.

BTW: There's currently a decent price for 12 month Xbox Gold card from Buy.com via Ebay for $40. It's linked off of the typical deal websites: Buy via EBay

AFAIK, Gold accounts will work on both XB360 and XB1.

I'm not certain if it's possible at the exact same time, but there is no migration process.

One of the AMA revealed that yes you can be logged in at the same time on a 360 & X1...

If I sign in to Xbox Live on my Xbox One, will I also be able to sign in on the same account on my 360 at the same time? Say someone is using the Xbox One in the living room and I'm playing my 360 in my bedroom. Will I be able to use the same account?

WHITTEN: Yes this works! You’ll be able to be signed on with the same gamertag on both an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One console at the same time. However, like today, you can only be signed into one Xbox 360 and one Xbox One at a time.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/05/ask-microsoft-anything-about-xbox-one

What about gray?

Tile color can be changed...

https://twitter.com/albertpenello/statuses/392167647355207680

Personally the new dash looks ok to me, but the proof is in the pudding. Lets wait until launch when everybody & their brother is posting videos from retail units with final software.

Tommy McClain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back