News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the screengrab:

captureorrvu.png

Here is another shitty video.
With shadows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JKAFme2S2sM#t=26

Shadows indeed, even on the tank I see.

So it was a per demo station bug??

Are people filming these with potatoes? Wow.
EA deleted the video from which they took the screenshot anyways on copyright grounds.

News:

Microsoft are planning a worldwide tour in over 75 cities around the world beginning October 1st.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-worldwide-tour-kicks-off-next-month-6415083

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/09/Xbox-One-Tour_Poster.jpg

New cover from EDGE: :unsure:

screen568x568.jpeg

Max The Course of Brotherhood is going to be released on Xbox One according to Xbox Wire.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/09/tgs-max-curse-of-brotherhood

Heading into RSPCA territory. (Religious, Social and Political Confusion and Argumenteering. )
:oops:What's happened here? This is not the same thread, it's not where it was. Someone might have asked themselves something like "Would you rather stand out in a crowd or blend in?" and decided something along the lines of both at the same time. I think something happened 'cos of the Microsoft new I published yesterday, they vanished.

In that case, well, just to share common news in both threads I am going to quote myself here, partly because I think those are interesting news and partly because I am surprised at the attitude of some of those representatives of each company.

Coincidentally enough there is some kind of PR truce between the companies ahead of the PS4 and X1's launch date.

Yoshida says Microsoft are smart people and praises their change of policies.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/03/ps4-vs-xbox-one-we-know-microsoft-are-smart-people-says-yoshida/

Additionally, we have Ken Lobb from Microsoft said he will buy a PS4 and bickering about PS4 and X1 won't get people anywhere.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/63372/microsofts-ken-lobb-will-buy-a-ps4-i-love-all-of-my-toys-equally-says-xbox-one-man/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=OXM-General-RSS

Interview to Ken Lobb: http://www.edge-online.com/news/xbox-one-the-state-of-play-according-to-microsoft/

But for games that depend on the cloud for computation, surely those teams are having to rework the games they’re working on?

It depends on what you’re trying to do, right? If I’m making a game that’s only for play online? [Then] use all the cloud computing you want. I think we’re giving you a massive amount of compute for free. I think I [would] want to use that as a developer. I think I [would] want people to be able to connect and see the benefit. You make assumptions about someone’s family: are they literally turning the box off at the switch? You have to be prepared for that. But if your game only runs with a massive amount of cloud computing in the background then you’re going to have to be connected to play. [With] Clash Of Clans you have to be connected to the server or you can’t play. It won’t even load. So I connect.

Some cloud power for free?

Yup thats the video. Unfortunately because of youtube privacy policy and MS not having access to googles server farms, MS won't have direct access to who this kid was.

Thankfully once the console launches they can use the Azure Cloud farms in Great Britain and the Kinect 2.0 conduit into employees homes to detect when a child is entering the room and use voice their analysis software tools to isolate the hardcore criminals involved in this. ;)

No sure if this was known and I'm just late but...
@albertpenello So I remember reading that game saves on external HDDs won't be supported at launch, is that still the case?
Collapse
1:27 PM - 4 Oct 13 · Details
Albert Penello ‏@albertpenello 4 Oct

@SwiftDeath90 Game saves are in the cloud, always. However, storing games on external HDD will be supported, but coming next year.

Cool. Though I suppose inevitable.

But is he saying NO local saves at launch? Cue "MS IS REQUIRING ONLINE OH NOES" backlash??

Edit: I guess he means EXTERNAL HDD wont be save supported?

That´s the thing with MS PR since Reveal, we allways get half the message, leaving bits open for interpretation and of course internet driven backlash.

Now, you take this twit from penello and what do you get??
Games saves go to the cloud, always

I guess is not the full story, gamesaves probably are stored locally on flash, but is not explicitly written, so spinners could claim Xone still requires an online connection, and so on...

That´s the thing with MS PR since Reveal, we allways get half the message, leaving bits open for interpretation and of course internet driven backlash.
I put that down in considerable part to the shittyness of Twitter as a communications system. It's %@#£* ridiculous, a travesty, that tens of thousands of years of human evolution and development of language to facilitate effective communication and cooperation should culminate in its nigh total destruction thanks to SMS and now Twitter, and an insanely lazy populace who can't be arsed to type, or read, a few more words/characters to make themselves that little bit (lot!) clearer.

I put that down in considerable part to the shittyness of Twitter as a communications system. It's %@#£* ridiculous, a travesty, that tens of thousands of years of human evolution and development of language to facilitate effective communication and cooperation should culminate in its nigh total destruction thanks to SMS and now Twitter, and an insanely lazy populace who can't be arsed to type, or read, a few more words/characters to make themselves that little bit (lot!) clearer.

I agree with you but you know, brevity is the soul of the wit.
Tweets though are mostly brief ;)

Tweets are brief due to technical limits. That in turn promotes a culture of brevity. That in turn promotes contracted, ambiguous statements. I'm not necessarily saying that Twitter is at fault, and the format of the brief verbal spam about what one has for dinner, or how one liked that TV show, doesn't have its place. It's just a bloody stupid place to engage in one's front-line PR!

Tweets are brief due to technical limits.That in turn promotes a culture of brevity. That in turn promotes contracted, ambiguous statements. I'm not necessarily saying that Twitter is at fault, and the format of the brief verbal spam about what one has for dinner, or how one liked that TV show, doesn't have its place.It's just a bloody stupid place to engage in one's front-line PR!

I agree, though to be fair sometimes Twitter has helped.
The 12Gb upgrade speculation come to an end thanks to a Tweet and Yoshida Tweets are often insightful.

So true, sms culture superseded by twiter :???:

But Ms representatives should now better "the rules of engagement" of this media if they choose it for PR purposes.

Was it Adam Orth fiasco driven by twitter??

The XO project from a media and pr POV it´s been inconsistent since the begining and has been poorly planed. Who is the PR head for this project?
Was it Mattrik?, he quit the company, maybe because of this, we´ll never know. Is Major Nelson?, he´s not prepared to the duty from a technical side. Now Penello, but i think he is product manager, with a business back round.

I belive Ms wasn´t prepared to this new paradigm in mass communication
Internet forums, specialized media, twiter, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back