News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody still think MS is still planning on announcing a new 360 at E3? Or do you think all of the rumors were bunk? VGLeaks was the source of a Xbox Mini being used for backward compatibility for the Xbox One. They seem to be spot on with other leaks, so one would think they could be right about Xbox Mini, no?

http://www.vgleaks.com/microsoft-xbox-roadmap-2013/

Tommy McClain

Anybody still think MS is still planning on announcing a new 360 at E3? Or do you think all of the rumors were bunk? VGLeaks was the source of a Xbox Mini being used for backward compatibility for the Xbox One. They seem to be spot on with other leaks, so one would think they could be right about Xbox Mini, no?

http://www.vgleaks.com/microsoft-xbox-roadmap-2013/

Tommy McClain

I'm pretty sure that was bunk as they didn't get it from SuperDaE like their legitimate leaks.

Do we have any concrete info on the CPU frequency, type of RAM and amount of SRAM in the XBOXone?

Well the RAM is 100% guaranteed to be 16 4Gb 2133Mhz DDR3 chips, 8GB in total. As for the others, no reason to expect them to be anything other than rumoured 800Mhz and 32MB.

Didn't see anything specifically. Saw The Witcher 3 for "next gen systems" & nothing for Diablo 3 other than PS4.

Tommy McClain

Ok thanks. maybe today they will say something.

BTW Mods I think you can re-name this thread "News & Rumors: Xbox One a.k.a Xbone

I'm pretty sure that was bunk as they didn't get it from SuperDaE like their legitimate leaks.

It did get some things right already....

When the Durango (game machine) launches, it will not support backwards compatibility for 360 games out of the box.
Durango itself will also always be online like any other device (correct with rumors), but it will not be a requirement to play local content and it will not prevent playing used games.

But then the Kinect 2.0 details don't seem to jive...

A different department within Xbox handles Kinect hardware and software. The focus was more on developing and networking both consoles with Kinect more of an after thought at that point, considering dealing with it would be less of an issue even with hardware changes to the main console hardware. Kinect isn’t the primary focus.

I think they will release a new Xbox 360, but whether it will be this version or something else I'm not certain.

Tommy McClain

But admit it Shifty, you know you won't be able to resist dipping into those threads every now and again ;)

Guilty pleasures and all that lol:LOL:
Asked about it at 7. Saw a photo, learned the hardware announcement was as I suspected - "suitably vague 8GBs, 8 cores x86" - felt pleased rationality proved itself and spent the rest of the night playing GT5 in super-big-o-vision. Haven't read a thing about the One until now, opening B3D to see what horrors await me!

People want XB1 to be weak SO badly. It's incredible.

I also love how thuway and proelite are either garbage or wondrous prophets depending on whether they're reporting bad or good news for Xbox.

Kinda reminds me how Semiaccurate Charlie turns into the world's most reliable source whenever he's reporting bad news for Xbox or good news for Nvidia.

Fanboyism poisons so many of us. There are plenty of folks here on B3D that I always thought of as being serene and on a very even keel who have seemed a little less so with X1 being considered the less powerful console.

For myself, I just bought a Roku 3 box. I got tired of my PS3 not having PBS on it. :cry:

Its also not just thruway/prolite, Matt has also in the least corroborated the yield issues.

I'd believe Matt. Proelite and Thuway are pretty dicey these days, though at one time they had info.

They're basically just spitting out whatever rumors come their way now.

Matt is an insider. But he confirmed ESRAM issues and nothing else.

Full internet meltdown is underway before Silly Season ends.

In the early PS3 days, all sorts of misinformation were flying. Sony eventually set up the Playstation Blog to clarify rumors, and disseminate official news.

Perhaps it is better to post the rumor to Major Nelson out-of-band. None of the folks here are authorized to provide official info anyway.

Someone ask to Phil Spencer, no answer yet:

phil_zps293063a8.png

I'm not too concerned, even if the Xb1 is supply constrained in the first year it shouldn't have too much of an impact on the installed based 3 or 4 years from now. MS can even spin this to show that the demand exceeds the supply. The only people who care about hardware sales 12 months in will be the hardcore who in many cases have already made up their mind which console they will support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back