News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fusion is better if the launch model is running hot, then the slim revision can be called Cold Fusion.

What exactly are we supposed to make of these tweets? It's PR.
Never trust the opinions or comments of anyone who's trying to sell you something!

This is a good confirmation about two exclusive games at the show. and an Hint that Rare is trying to push something new (kinect 2 based? Glasses? illumiroom?)

we should have too:

343 Industries
Turn 10
Twisted Pixel
Black Tusk
Press Play
Good Science
Big Park
MS Victoria
Soho Productions
Lift London
MS Los Angeles

and.... crytek

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on if the rumours are true, what the engine is doing and a tonne of other stuff.

But on the face off it, it is pretty hard to get around a 33% GFLOP difference.

There might be some difference but again I do not think it will matter much. Nothing substantial in a sense that gamers can detect from naked eye while playing. Third party wouldn't really get any benefit by utilizing any particualr console. In fact it can hurt them if game journalist can tell the difference.

Third party wouldn't really get any benefit by utilizing any particualr console. In fact it can hurt them if game journalist can tell the difference.

What kind of logic is this ?
Just because one vendor may be skimping , we as consumers should suffer ?
No , i want the best use of my money and i don't care if the other can't follow .

There might be some difference but again I do not think it will matter much. Nothing substantial in a sense that gamers can detect from naked eye while playing. Third party wouldn't really get any benefit by utilizing any particualr console. In fact it can hurt them if game journalist can tell the difference.
That's some really twisted logic right there. Can you please recount all the cross-platform games this generation that had better visuals on one of the two consoles (typically 360, except for final fantasy pretty much), and then explain again why the situation would NOT reverse should PS4 turn out to be the stronger contender this round?

That's some really twisted logic right there. Can you please recount all the cross-platform games this generation that had better visuals on one of the two consoles (typically 360, except for final fantasy pretty much), and then explain again why the situation would NOT reverse should PS4 turn out to be the stronger contender this round?

Define "stronger contender"?

about the presence at the reveal day, a little leak from microsoft source

aPwT9Zm.png

EflPmrv.png

That's what I wanted to hear, new IPs. I bet these studios have been aching to start new franchises.

Now try to quantify those differences in terms of mainstream perception. Most mainstream gaming websites avoid cross console comparison as even Wii games graphic scores aren't normally hampered by the advantages held by the PS360.

How does one adequately determine the IQ difference of multiplatform titles on different hardware without the resources more readily available to hardcore users nor the motivation to acquire those resources?

Regardless of how you ultimately judge performance to determine which console was the most powerful. Realize that 70% of the console purchased this gen was something other than that platform.

Source of this?

I think the xbox will turn out to be exactly as rumoured, however I think the actual end product = games will turn out better than people expected.

You can bet anything in the box/ on the SOC will be carefully filtered, everything from the display planes, edram,move engines, sound block will have a large effect in making better games when combined together..you can be sure of that...I dont think we can look at each feature in isolation and say "thats not so special"...on its own no it likely isn't. .combined in synergy with everything else you bet it will make a difference.

Its clear the approach microsoft took with durango, flexibility, ease of development, efficiency, funky controller boxed, moderate BOM, up to date technology and online services.

This is at the expense of uber power and flop counts.
Durango will likely end up as the lowest common denominator next gen, in my eyes that is going to make next gen a massive win for gamers.

-blueray standand across platforms (massive upgrade)
-1.2 tf at least.
-GCN technology standard.
-easy to port x86 architecture standard.
-8 core cpu across three main platforms.
-probably motion sensing control boxed with both systems.
- 8 gb ram standard.
- at least 50-68 gb/ system bandwidth standard.
-hard drive storage standard (awesome)
-comprehensive computer like functionality built right into both systems.
-comprehensive services and online functionality built right in.

We have alot to look forward to if even vg leaks is spot on.

Next gen is going to be amazing even if durango comes at the rumoured specs for those reasons.

I also called the Xbox Infinity name. It seemed like a logical progression given the fact that the infinity sign is two circles. I suspect what they will do is have a double ring of lights with the power/eject buttons in the middle.

I also called the Xbox Infinity name. It seemed like a logical progression given the fact that the infinity sign is two circles. I suspect what they will do is have a double ring of lights with the power/eject buttons in the middle.
Well, it's also an 8 on it's side, which matches well with windows phone 8, windows 8, and the fact that it shares <censored> <censored> <censored> :)

Only problem is that Windows Blue will be out by the end of the year & it's going to be called Windows 8.1. So maybe Xbox ∞+1 ? :D

Tommy McClain

double red ring of doom
infinite red ring of death...

i hope they did not remove that blinking red thing on the new xbox. Its really making fixing xbox easier (to see what part i need to heat) or to remove silly problem from equation. one of the many red ring thing are telling that the power plug are only halfway plugged.

What kind of logic is this ?
Just because one vendor may be skimping , we as consumers should suffer ?
No , i want the best use of my money and i don't care if the other can't follow .

Yes I think it will be like current gen, nothing substantial. Sure eurogamer, lens of truth and other analysis of performance, screenshot etc you can find some difference but not like lowest settings vs max settings. I do not think a console gamer actually can tell difference in real time and so do game journalist, reviewers will not be able to tell. FF13, Bayonetta etc were few rare examples.

Well, it's also an 8 on it's side, which matches well with windows phone 8, windows 8, and the fact that it shares <censored> <censored> <censored> :)

Whoops! Yeah I think I forgot to mention that, incredibly important, part. I would also say that they will use the infinity symbol to denote visually the fact it is new but they will call it just 'Xbox' in marketing. They'll use the infinity part as a catch like 'The new Xbox with 'infinite' possibilities'.

I hope the HDMI input comes true because it seems like a killer feature for making voice and gesture commands more worthwhile because the Xbox will always be on the same channel.

Anyway would you buy an Xbox Infinity?

I guess if the 360 continues to be sold, and it gets new games for a while, the transition will be slower than last time. Back in 2005, my friends and co-workers who had an xbox switched to the 360 very early on. The biggest reason was Gears of War, the second was that the xbox stopped being sold and the platform was basically dead, no more games being made. There's always that ONE game which convince people to make the jump early.

Personally, I want the consoles that has the most AAA games of the genre I love, and then I'll simply whine about the price, or the power, or the missing social features, or lack of BC... but I'll buy it anyway. It's always a leap of faith, because you never know if they'll change course midway into the generation (which is that MS have done with the 360). People are wary of the focus on motion gaming and services and apps. Microsoft must show some great traditional games at E3 to keep the traditional crowd interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back