Metal Gear Rising: ReVengeance ! Developed by PLATINUM GAMES !!!!

[gt]724547[/gt]

HOLY SH!T ! Whatever happened to Raiden :p ! Looks like the development has been passed on to PLATINUM GAMES (WOOHOOOOO! :p) !
The game seems to have taken a complete re-route, but the trailer is RAD :devilish:! I don't like the Crysis 2 like colour scheme, but boy am I digging the idea of Raiden's sword with the talent of the makers of Bayonetta ! Boy, this is going to be one delight.

This has gone from "Not interested" to " I am sure buying this ! " ! All cos Platinum Games is in !!!

I think it's in good hands as long as Kojima Production is doing the story telling part.
I enjoyed Bayonetta and Vanquish quite a lot.

I love everything about that trailer.......except the fact that it is in the Metal Gear Universe. I was expecting something in the tone of the Metal Gear Solid games and some plot deepening on what happened to Raiden before MGS4.
This is in the tone of typical hack and slash japanese anime which is not necessarily bad. Just not what you would expect from a certain "universe".
It doesnt match with the war technology in MGS4. Raiden is stronger, faster, deadlier than in the MGS4. Vamp should have been cut to pieces if that actually were the capabilities of Raiden in MGS4. Here it appears that soldiers are also replaced with deadly cyborgs (probably a conscious decision to reduce the gore) including many elite fighters that can deflect any kind of attack and stand up against any large Metal Gear.

If such technologies exist in Revengeance, the war in 4 should have been much different. The private military companies would have been employing different measures and old Snake wouldnt have had a chance against such military hardware. How come the Patriots couldnt employ these technologies when the Cyborg Ninja project wasnt something missing from Patriot eyes? I think that was even a project initiated by them?

MGS wasnt supposed to be realistic but it still retained a level of realism absent in this spin off. These are the kind of battles you 'd expect from Azura's Wrath, DMC, Advent Children or Dragon Ball.

The game's realism and art have taken a much different turn and the absolute control of our hacking and slashing as demonstrated at E3 seem to have been abandoned in favor of DMC style controls.
Which would have been an awesome candidate for Move controls

They completely scrapped the story and gameplay from the E3 trailer in 2010.
This is supposed to take place post MGS4, but at the same time not a MGS sequel.
The Metal Gear Rising is supposed to be its own entity according to Kojima Production's tweet.

They completely scrapped the story and gameplay from the E3 trailer in 2010.
This is supposed to take place post MGS4, but at the same time not a MGS sequel.
The Metal Gear Rising is supposed to be its own entity according to Kojima Production's tweet.

The world and the feel of that trailer was actually pretty good as it felt liek a different POV on the MGS4 world.
I would also prefer that world, even if Platinum develops it, to keep the connection with Snake alive.

So no pre-MGS4 Raiden....I wished we had a game about what happened to Raiden before MGS4.
At the end of MGS4 it looked like
Raiden was goping to have a normal life with a "normal" body with his wife and kid

If this is post MGS4 it looks like things are still bad and ferocious after the events and it makes me wonder how MGS5 will be if the rumors are true that we are going to have another MGS

The gameplay itself looks totally awesome.
But how the trailer was done reminded me of 90's hollywood action movies for some reason.

Some clearing about the game's devlopment.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455149

• Korekado (the new project manager, you remember him from the "fight" he had with Kojima in the MGS4 making off video) implicitly says that the project failed because of the previous director, he didn't have a clear vision for the game design. And they did the mistake of starting working on the story, mocap, etc... just based on the "cut anything" gimmick. They tried to add gameplay elements, but it always felt not enough to make a game. They made multiple prototypes, but it never really worked.
The project was once cancelled (? 中止 in Japanese?), and then Kojima invited Platinum to Kojima Prod, and asked Korekado to make a presentation in front of Minami and Inaba
• They gave the previous plot to Platinum, but Platinum ended up asking to write it all again from scratch. Therefore, it went from between MGS 2 and 4, to after MGS4[/B]. Writing the script took 2 months (instead of 10 months with the previous failed project).
• They will an interview from Kojima and Inaba posted online on Wednesday (Iwata asks??) to give more details.
• They were playing a demo of the game during the podcast, and they said Platinum added a gameplay element. Since you can cut anything, they added something that would allow you to enjoy the "taste" of that freedom (??? Drink or eat the enemies???)
• Enemies are cyborgs, and that red liquid is not blood but some kind of cyborg oil

Discover the new METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE trailer unveiled during American cable channel Spike’s 2011 Video Game Awards (VGAs)! Held at the end of every year, the VGAs are a celebration of world-class games. As the name suggests, the show recognizes the most outstanding gaming titles of the year, but it also serves as a venue for showing world premiere trailers of select anticipated titles. One of the highlights of this year's show was when Hideo Kojima took the stage to reveal this new trailer.

METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING’s E3 2010 trailer won numerous “Best Trailer” awards and drew praise worldwide. At the 2011 VGAs, the game re-emerged as METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE with an all-new trailer.
METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE is being developed through a partnership with Platinum Games, known for hit titles like Bayonetta and Vanquish, and this new development structure promises to set all-new standards for the action genre.

The main character, Raiden, was once feared as the child soldier "Jack the Ripper" on the front lines of the First Liberian Civil War. Now, his combat mastery is channeled through a cyborg body as the strikes from his high-frequency blade slice even massive assault drones in two. Raiden is contracted for VIP protection, military training and other duties by PMSCs (Private Military and Security Companies) in a developing country piecing itself back together after a bloody civil war. Little does he know that the stage is set for a clash with an enigmatic force of countless cyborgs.

Reborn at the hands of Platinum Games, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE pits cyborg against cyborg in battle that blazes past every human limit!

METAL GEAR SOLID: RISING was a spin-off intended to feature the actions and transformation of Raiden, one of METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY’s main characters, in the lead-up to METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS.

However, after Platinum Games came on board, the story was changed to take place several years after METAL GEAR SOLID 4 to give them more of an opportunity to show off what they can bring to the series. Cyborgs are spreading at a rapid pace in the game’s world, resulting in earth-shattering superhuman action at every turn!

The original aim for a combination of stealth and action has also been enhanced, for a more aggressive new focus on pure, exhilarating action.

A Solid Collaboration Breeds a "Solidless" METAL GEAR

Naturally, Kojima Productions is still overseeing the game’s story and its world, and is also providing visual direction to ensure METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE retains the characteristic look of the METAL GEAR series. Though its exact identity is a step apart from the METAL GEAR SOLID games, the blood of the series still flows within this new METAL GEAR.
Kojima Productions and Platinum Games: Two world-class powerhouses among Japanese studios join forces to bring you METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE . What can we expect from this astounding combination? Keep your eyes on this site for more details!

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE is being developed through a partnership with Platinum Games, known for hit titles like Bayonetta.........

So PS3 gets another broken piece of crap then? No thanks, I have lots of other things to spend my money on.

So PS3 gets another broken piece of crap then? No thanks, I have lots of other things to spend my money on.

They also made Vanquished. Now that was a really impressive looking game on both systems. I think it's a really really poor game, but impressive looking nonetheless.

Devil May Metal Gear?

Sword chopping seems a bit over the top, as well as Raiden being able to pick up a huge mecha and throw it in the air. I'm not a big connaisseur of the series, but I thought the Metal Gear games at least tried to be realistic - that's certainly not the case with this game.

I wonder if it's still a multiplatform game, after all these changes.

The PS3 version of Bayonetta was developed by Sega. Vanquish on PS3 was Platinum and was a real corker. This however, isn't doing it for me sadly.

Any thread of realism that would've been retained by Kojima Productions has just been thrown out the window. ULGH.

Raiden some how lifting and throwing a full size Metal Gear Ray? Come on. Leave it to Platinum Games to do such a thing. There is a reason why I avoid Japanese games these days.......

Doesn't look bad.
If there was no Metal Gear in the title, I might actually like it. :p

I can now play Skyrim and patiently wait for a real Metal Gear game...

Any thread of realism that would've been retained by Kojima Productions has just been thrown out the window. ULGH.

Raiden some how lifting and throwing a full size Metal Gear Ray? Come on. Leave it to Platinum Games to do such a thing. There is a reason why I avoid Japanese games these days.......

So, you think western games are realistic ? :LOL:
This is the reason I love japanese games more. They just care for fun, not some ill concieved poorly executed half hearted attempt at realism. Just my thoughts, nothing to do with this title. I don't see how any of the games I play have any connection to realism. They are all made just for fun !

So, you think western games are realistic ? :LOL:
This is the reason I love japanese games more. They just care for fun, not some ill concieved poorly executed half hearted attempt at realism. Just my thoughts, nothing to do with this title. I don't see how any of the games I play have any connection to realism. They are all made just for fun !

There are plenty of western games I avoid too ;)

For the most part, the technology in MGS showed some thread of realistic thought in mechanical design and gameplay. When you talk Platinum Games, it's all about over the top zany hack n slash sequences. Part of what makes MGS interesting to me was that in my head I could see such mechanical designs working and making sense. There were limits in to the designs, and the degrees that they could function, which granted them validity.

I'm a fan of science fiction fueling realistic ideas in a manner that makes complete sense. It's personally more engaging for me. I know I'm just one person (before you all start making "well that's just you" comments), but I think it's such focuses that have created the decline of Japanese games in the western market. You see it with Final Fantasy's obsession with unnecessarily grandiose artistic technology design and overly fashion conscience androgynous characters and Japanese knack for quirky teenage melodrama gets old real quick. Anything Suda 51 makes is just silly. Instead of creating a glass of wine of a game, he mixes tequila, sake, and vodka. Where is the finesse? If I wanted some lucid reality questioning bullshit, I'd rather go watch 2001: A Space Odyssey. Perhaps Japanese gamers either never grow up or completely grow out of gaming in their early adult years, but so many JP games are not compatible with western tastes, perhaps because the average western gamer got older and wanted to experience things less about growing up and more about being something realistic and achievable, and I think we need a new thread at this point.......

Presentation seemed too over the top. I guess we know what lightning bolt actions means now, because it's everywhere.

Raiden scenes in mgs4 were just as visceral and exciting with out all the glitzy effects. I expected Raiden to be used to open up the gameplay mechanics typically found in the MGS series. But it seems like they ripped Raiden and some of the storyline elements out of MGS and created an arcadey like title.

I can see why kojima doesnt consider this as part of the canon MGS storyline.

Back