Last of Us [PS4]

yes go buy it

RenegadeRocks will be the only PS4 owner without The Last of Us Remastered. He'll gradually become a social pariah, his named whispered in hushed tones.

"that's the guy who didn't buy it" they'll whisper, and add him to their ignore lists.

:yep2: :yep2: :yep2: :yep2: :yep2:

i am sure some time in the future this will be a ps+ free game.

No chance.

Sony will be like, so we've sold 19,452,213 PS4 consoles and 19,452,212 copies of The Last of Us Remastered. How odd, only one PS4 owner didn't buy it. Well it's not worth making it a PS+ game for that one dude.

:yep2:

790 KB for 1080p JPG should be good enough for most use case i think

It's not necessarily about the size with JPGs, it's more about quality level (from 1 to 100, 91 being optimal) and be sure there are no hidden recompressions:

If your ~200KB 91 jpeg quality USB screenshot is converted to BMP/PNG (by some website's service) and/or re-compressed to a 790KB 98 jpeg quality, the original ~200KB 91 jpeg quality image will still be slighty better than your 790KB 99 jpeg quality recompressed image.

i mean jpeg with 790 KB for 1080p should have good compression ratio. Because in photoshop my 1080p pictures usually only take about 500 KB and it is already in "high" quality setting and the picture good enough for me.

No chance.

Sony will be like, so we've sold 19,452,213 PS4 consoles and 19,452,212 copies of The Last of Us Remastered. How odd, only one PS4 owner didn't buy it. Well it's not worth making it a PS+ game for that one dude.

But Uncharted ...

Some nice shots from gaf:

ibllEdFMiMJDNb.jpg

14575159627_74536336c1_o.png

Some of the interiors look really nice. This one isn't as fancy as the hotel above but still nice

http://i.imgur.com/N93JcvD.png

But Uncharted ...
Shockingly, Uncharted didn't sell that well! Wikipedia has:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2007) - 2.6m
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009) - >5m
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011) - >7m (based on the franchise selling 15m in total).

Uncharted 2 was my game of the PlayStation 3 generation until The Last of Us.

Those look like good numbers to me. Not many games break 5 million. It's not the #1 title or anything, but those are good numbers.

play the game for a few hours, all the effects are much better, either higher precision, quality or resolution has improved greatly like those alpha effects, they did a good job hiding the roughness on PS3 but it looks much better in full res. Originally thought the AO and contact shadows were missing, but no, they are much much more refine than on PS3, looks even more natural now. Environment AO looks similar to HBAO+. Only negative thing I have seen so far is the missing wrinkles on characters shirts, which is odd, that effect should be too tasking and relatively cheap on current gen hardware, just basically alternating 2 texture back and forward.

I'm not particularly impressed to be honest. Really does look almost exactly like it did last year. I notice the framerate improvements of course (a difference which really doesn't matter all that much to me in a game where you're barely ever shooting), but visually it's still very much a PS3 game. If anything, the boost in image quality makes this all the more obvious. It also seems more glitchy than the PS3 version. Guess the Tomb Raider DE spoiled me. Games have simply reached a visual ceiling so high that pumping out more pixels doesn't really cut it anymore. Well, at least for me it doesn't. Basically having to crawl into my tv in order to count pixels and to observe slightly different effects with a magnifying glass isn't what I'd call a good way of measuring visual fidelity.

First impressions...

The Good:
* This being my first experience with TLoU, I'm totally hooked from the opening scene to my current progress (Ellie explaining her "situation"). TLoU definitely grips you emotionally and psychologically. I haven't felt this way about a game in quite some time... the need to push forward, to survive, the will to live.

* The voice acting, character and story development is beyond good, no shortcuts here. Pure Naughty Dog magic...

* The detail in the characters and environments are awesome... love the water shaders. The clarity of the textures are awesome as well.

* The sound (effects, score, etc...) are top notch as well.

The Bad:
Some of the offline cutscenes look low resolution, giving a disjointed feel when transitioning into actual gameplay. Nothing unforgivable, just cheap looking at times.

The Ugly:
The aliasing is quite terrible and very distracting at times. I feel Naughty Dog dropped the ball here. Needs that Sucker Punch magic... :yep2:

I'm not particularly impressed to be honest. Really does look almost exactly like it did last year. I notice the framerate improvements of course (a difference which really doesn't matter all that much to me in a game where you're barely ever shooting), but visually it's still very much a PS3 game. If anything, the boost in image quality makes this all the more obvious. It also seems more glitchy than the PS3 version. Guess the Tomb Raider DE spoiled me. Games have simply reached a visual ceiling so high that pumping out more pixels doesn't really cut it anymore. Well, at least for me it doesn't. Basically having to crawl into my tv in order to count pixels and to observe slightly different effects with a magnifying glass isn't what I'd call a good way of measuring visual fidelity.

Hm, can't agree to be honest! I recommend you to replay the PS3 version...the difference imo is huge. Just the better texture filtering alone is a dramatic difference.

But I agree with others, the aliasing is not bad...but I hoped for better and no shimmering at all.

I really like Joels character model...it looks very natural to me.

It's the shimmering/crawling effect when in motion (walking/running) that's distracting. Objects and edges up close for the most part are good, but not perfect. Honestly, it's the cheapest FXAA implementation I've seen in while, however, it doesn't take away from the other game aesthetics.

Guess I'm spoiled by Sucker Punch AA magic...

Why haven't you already bought the damn game again? :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner.

RenegadeRocks will be the only PS4 owner without The Last of Us Remastered. He'll gradually become a social pariah, his named whispered in hushed tones.

"that's the guy who didn't buy it" they'll whisper, and add him to their ignore lists.

No chance.

:LOL: :LOL::LOL: So, I get to become a legend....a gollum going wild after his preciousssssss ! :D
... I just bought a Nexus 5 and am running low on the cash and then there's Destiny coming along, thats all...I will try to get it ...soon as it releases here, btw, we have a 8th August release date here, I think.

It does seem like I am the only one without it cos I just checked my FB and the whole news feed is full of pics of the TLOU Remastered Game Box ! Looks like every damn PS4 owner has got it or getting it ! I did not expect such a huge response, honestly.

Off Topic: Nexus 5 is the best Android phone evah :yep2: ! Best Android experience. Google has nailed it, th ephone loves me and I love the phone. For the first time, the phone is not a toy but it has actually become a part of my routine.

It's the shimmering/crawling effect when in motion (walking/running) that's distracting. Objects and edges up close for the most part are good, but not perfect. Honestly, it's the cheapest FXAA implementation I've seen in while, however, it doesn't take away from the other game aesthetics.

Guess I'm spoiled by Sucker Punch AA magic...

Yeah the aliasing is visible in the youtube vids too. Me too was expecting a clean IQ like TRDE since it is a PS3 game , after all.

Back