Formula 1 - 2012 Season

Hamilton has been pretty consistent this year. Finishing 3rd in the first 3 races which also puts him in the driver's championship lead thus far. Probably would have finished first or second if not for the 5 place penalty to start.

Makes me wonder if he's being a bit more conservative and taking less chances than he has in previous years. I don't really watch F1 anymore so I can't tell.

Fantastic to see Rosberg win the race.

Also nice that 3 races in, we have 3 different teams finish first. If the rest of the year stays this competitive maybe I'll try to catch a race or two. :)

Regards,
SB

Oh for f's sake, what the hell was Lotus thinking? I hadn't paid any attention on it earlier, but indeed, Kimi ran on softs 20 laps in the end before losing performance, while Grosjean and everyone else were on mediums

chinese-kimi-tyres.png

Does Raikkonen not share any of the blame here? Is it basically completely the fault of Lotus?

Alan Permane made the decisions at least according to Finnish F1 broadcaster (translated by me from their headline: "Lotus Trackside Operations Director Alan Permmane defends the strategy he chose for Kimi Räikkönen after the Chinese GP")

Sure but at the end of the day, the driver has to agree to and sign off on the strategy. Just look at McLaren which changed its strategy for car setup for the Chinese GP due to Hamilton being uncomfortable with what they were doing going into it.

Regards,
SB

Sure but at the end of the day, the driver has to agree to and sign off on the strategy. Just look at McLaren which changed its strategy for car setup for the Chinese GP due to Hamilton being uncomfortable with what they were doing going into it.

Regards,
SB

In case of Lotus & Kimi, there's small difference though, Hamilton for example has experience on how the Pirellis tend to work over years (even though they of course change a bit year to year, it's still helping) vs Kimi having just winter tests + 2 races behind him, and IIRC never really ran "out of tyre performance" before this

Exciting quali. Schumi out in Q1 because he didn't make another run and the track was rubbering in.

Vettel rocked to his first pole of 2012, a tenth faster than Hamilton while Webber is in P3.

Button P4, Rosberg P5, Ricciardo P6 (fantastic!), Grosjean P7, Perez P8, Alonso P9 and Di Resta P10. Kimi is in P11, because he gambled on saving tyres from the race.

Were Force India punished by FOM for not running in P2? They weren't on the world feed during the quali.

@Bludd, no (force india)
Just because Bernie says so? I think they were given a slap on the wrist. Paul Di Resta was in P5 or something in Q2 and that should have been given screen time.

Were Force India punished by FOM for not running in P2?
@Bludd, no (wrt force india)
Just because Bernie says so?
your saying you think force india were not punished because bernie told the fia not to punish them ?
I dont think the fia have a punishment for not going out we've seen teams in the past not go out to save tyres and that was in quali not practice
ps: 2 other drivers were not on the tv feed

As for bernie, there seems to be 2 reasons for leaving them out, as a deterrent, but if that is the case he would have had to of said to the team before practice 2 "if you dont go out I will cut you from the feed" ,and i'm sure the team would let it be known what bernie said to them.
2 spite, for giving f1 bad publicity, but then the leaving them out would just create more bad publicity.

your saying you think force india were not punished because bernie told the fia not to punish them ?
I dont think the fia have a punishment for not going out we've seen teams in the past not go out to save tyres and that was in quali not practice
ps: 2 other drivers were not on the tv feed

As for bernie, there seems to be 2 reasons for leaving them out, as a deterrent, but if that is the case he would have had to of said to the team before practice 2 "if you dont go out I will cut you from the feed" ,and i'm sure the team would let it be known what bernie said to them.
2 spite, for giving f1 bad publicity, but then the leaving them out would just create more bad publicity.
I haven't even mentioned the FIA. I said FOM TV decided not to show any Force India cars in quali to slap Force India on the wrist saying "you will not get any exposure for your sponsors, so get back into line".

HRT usually isn't shown much but Force India is.

that was my bad about fia (you mentioned penalties and thats fia's job)
as for the get back in line seems unlikey as it would be after the event and this situation is not going to happen at other tracks.

Those Lotuses are flying!

Grosjean passed Hamilton, while Kimi passed Button and then lap or two later Alonso too

McLaren is on a roll with Hamilton pitstops, 2 times in a row same problem with left rear tyre

Back