Sound Shape [Vita]

patsu

Legend
Have been eyeing this game since I loved Everyday Shooter. Was waiting for the video to show up on Youtube but it hasn't. 8^(

Sound Shapes for PS Vita: Jonathan Mak Demystifies Music Creation:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...vita-jonathan-mak-demystifies-music-creation/

Sound Shapes’ level creation and music composition are inseparable. As you use the PS Vita’s front touchscreen to place objects – platforms, lasers, obstacles – that you’ll interact with during gameplay, you’re simultaneously laying down beats and musical cues that will evolve into a full song when you play. During the creation process, you’ll use PS Vita’s rear touch panel to resize platforms and objects to further tweak your level’s gameplay or musical style. Where you go from there is entirely up to you: the final version of Sound Shapes will enable you to upload and share your creation via PSN for others to enjoy.

(Video inside)

EDIT: Ugh, title should be "Sound Shapes"

They should integrate and bundle Sound Shapes, Everyday Shooter and other simple music games with Qriocity subscription.

I enjoyed this the most out of the games I got to play at E3. The platform game was kinda fun in a simple novel way, and I wish I had more time with the music creation.

Is there a PSN version?

My son saw the video since I left it open on the iPad. He immediately demanded me to get it ("Daddy, I want this. I want it now.").

I remember creating a B3D musical game thread. I had some vague idea about a simplified GarageBand. Sound Shapes seems like a tangible answer to that up-in-the-air idea. So I am very keen to check it out. ^_^

It's probably not a practical idea, but I am curious about doing it the opposite way too. Like taking a song and have the game generate a level (kinda like our procedural content thread discussion). The generated levels won't be playable for the most part, but I wonder if it can be used as some sort of navigation or learning framework.

I really do think Sony should grab the guy and have him lead the interactive Qriocity effort. Besides integrating with small music games like Sound Shapes, it is VERY possible to break existing music and dance games into Minis and sell them piecemeal.

hm... really? I don't recall anything in particular that necessitated non-conventional controls.

It uses touch screen, which may be a little awkward when played with dual sticks during creation. The touchscreen phones, pods, pads, Vita and Move seem more a natural fit. Vita will work best since it has dual sticks to guide a ship comfortably, and touchscreen for everything.

This game is out in the U.S. on Vita and PS3, buy one get both. Anyone tried it yet? I'll have to wait til next week. I wasn't too bothered by this game so far, but the level creation seems to work very well and GAF is very, very positive. Will very likely get it.

Back