*Confirmed* Original Crysis Bound for *PS360

fellix

Veteran
Today, the South Korea GRB (Game Rating Board) apparently approved Crysis for the Xbox 360. Crysis has not been released on the Xbox 360. It's a Windows-only title.

According to the Korea GRB, the game will be published by EA Korea. The rating page, which also went live today, specifically states the game is Crysis. Crysis 2 was already released in South Korea earlier this year. Does this all mean the Xbox 360 is getting a Crysis port?
Source

crysisforxbox360onesrb.png

Why do you/they only mention XB360 and not PS3, when it's clearly listed in the platforms? If true, it'll be a pretty cut-down version I'm sure. Not sure it'll be worth bothering with developing given competition for shooters on the platforms, unless they're porting the game to the Crysis 2 engine with whatever modifications.

That game is one heck of a mess. Wouldn't they have to rebuild a lot of the assets to make it work over consoles?

Remember, that the promo videos of CE3 contained some sequences of wide-open maps with lots of vegetation and other assets, similar to original Crysis look. That was some year ago, so the build up and porting of the maps to the new engine is probably well under way.

Why do you/they only mention XB360 and not PS3, when it's clearly listed in the platforms? If true, it'll be a pretty cut-down version I'm sure. Not sure it'll be worth bothering with developing given competition for shooters on the platforms, unless they're porting the game to the Crysis 2 engine with whatever modifications.

Because the original Kotaku rumor was based on the South Korea listing, their equivalent of the ESRB, which was only on 360. Which was definitely new info.

The ESRB thing was dug up later by forumites. I'm actually not even sure how much it means though, it was said on GAF that new platforms cant be just added to an old listing later, as it would seem to be here. It seems I even vaguely remember that the ESRB Crysis listing always included PS3/360 for some odd reason.

As a practical matter if this is real, I doubt it would be only on 360.

well....remember this?

How about simply this video (Far Cry 3) from ~3:40 on? And from about 4:12 for the next few seconds? Sweeping Crysis-like jungle vistas, and they look pretty good.

Anyways I'm all for this, just for kicks. Would expect a 39.99 price point hopefully. Was thinking it could be XBLA, but there's that 2GB limit. Could be Games on Demand, but you dont see brand new games there. So it probably would be disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crysis game on consoles is such a miss fit now that I've played Crysis 2, too much is been sacrificed in terms of frame rate, image quality and LOD. I'd be much happier if Crytek port the Full HD version to nextgen consoles.
I do have more faith in Far Cry 3 though supposedly if it's using Dunia engine.

How about simply this video (Far Cry 3) from ~3:40 on? And from about 4:12 for the next few seconds? Sweeping Crysis-like jungle vistas, and they look pretty good.

any chance that this is gameplay from a console version ?
It looks too good to be true :p

Crysis game on consoles is such a miss fit now that I've played Crysis 2, too much is been sacrificed in terms of frame rate, image quality and LOD. I'd be much happier if Crytek port the Full HD version to nextgen consoles.
I do have more faith in Far Cry 3 though supposedly if it's using Dunia engine.
It was far from miss fit.Sure first couple of chapters dropped frames,but later on it was perfectly fine.Other than some pop in(as with alot of todays games) and slightly reduced resolution game was perfectly playable on consoles.With all the bells and whistles that you can find in todays best looking games.

They did demonstrate Cry Engine 3 on the consoles with Crysis 1 environments some time ago. And it looked very good

Tons of problems with that video (like the fact that it would be using PS3 crysis 2's LOD settings and shaders and not Crysis 1's), uploader is clueless.

Uploader says, if you would look at the comments:

the shaders work fine, it's a wrong sRGB color space setting which causes the albino effect on objects

Any port would be on Cryengine 3, so you should expect Crysis 2's LOD, streaming etc. Plus the already console-optimized godrays, motion blur and other effects.

Uploader says, if you would look at the comments:

Any port would be on Cryengine 3, so you should expect Crysis 2's LOD, streaming etc. Plus the already console-optimized godrays, motion blur and other effects.

As I said, the uploader is clueless!

Tons of broken shaders and it is using PS3 crysis2's LOD settings, just take a look at that pop in!

Back