[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

Wow ! What are u guys talking about ? For me its the best mp this whole gen !!!

I just played it again after about 2 months and was impressed again by how much fun it still is ! And how good it all looks with all the chipping walls and particles and the super stellar sound and HDR in MP !

Battlefield 4 is being touted as 'nothing short of astounding!' by EA and I can't wait for them to show it running on the ps4 . If they bring in more destruction like pillars that completely break down in firefights ,etc, and their already awesome visuals will make aure that BF4 is what makes people buy th enext gen console, instead of any other exclusive !!!

C'mon EA, show it off now :p !!!

BTW, when is End Game releasing on the ps3 premiuim?

Agreed, together with COD, MP is best thing since sliced bread...

Weapon unlocks mean nothing in bf3. I am rather low level ( my main game is cod as IMO it has much better gun handling) but outside of vechicles I can pretty much rape 95% of the players with the starter assault rifle...
Didn't you hold the world record in some kind of MW2 win streak for a while? Pretty sure it's not "the guns don't matter" so much as "you're already better at FPSes than 95% of players." That's like me saying that tires, horsepower, and curb weight mean nothing in GT5, since I consistently beat my wife with a car that's 60% as powerful and using tires at least three steps below what she chooses.

Never understood homoerotica as a metaphor for winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
@renegade

have you tried BFBC2?

for me the infantry battle vs the tank battle vs the helicopter battle is a lot more fun on BFBC2. There's also the picture looks more colorful :D

in BF3 it feels like im running it on wrong color temperature. Blue everywhere :/

Actually, they are:
weaponst.png

@renegade

have you tried BFBC2?

for me the infantry battle vs the tank battle vs the helicopter battle is a lot more fun on BFBC2. There's also the picture looks more colorful :D

in BF3 it feels like im running it on wrong color temperature. Blue everywhere :/

I love BFBC2 too, but BF3 somehow trumps everything for me :cool: !

Nightshade, that's a BC2 chart. And no, those numbers are not exactly the same across all weapons, or even close to exactly the same. They're not even all exactly the same within the same class. Compare ROF, spread, recoil, and reload time of the PP2000 to the SCAR-L, for example.

Thanks for proving my point for me, Cheezdoodles. Numbers like ROF, reload time, and recoil characteristics can vary significantly across the AR class. Or go over to the carbines and compare the AKS-74u to the SCAR-H.

If you want to run-n-gun as a support class, it's quite difficult for the average player until you unlock some of the all-class weapons, like the PP2000. Even with the grip, the starting weapon isn't very well suited for that type of play. And of course, if you want to play with a shotgun in CQ Domination, many people might find the USAS or Saiga easier to use than the Remington, which unlocks first. (The shotguns are, again, not all exactly the same).

there also shotgun-sniper that unlocked further level.
its a horrible game when a bunch of enemy team starting spamming people with shotgun-sniper.

fearsomepirate said:
Nightshade, that's a BC2 chart. And no, those numbers are not exactly the same across all weapons, or even close to exactly the same. They're not even all exactly the same within the same class. Compare ROF, spread, recoil, and reload time of the PP2000 to the SCAR-L, for example.

Thanks for proving my point for me, Cheezdoodles. Numbers like ROF, reload time, and recoil characteristics can vary significantly across the AR class. Or go over to the carbines and compare the AKS-74u to the SCAR-H.

If you want to run-n-gun as a support class, it's quite difficult for the average player until you unlock some of the all-class weapons, like the PP2000. Even with the grip, the starting weapon isn't very well suited for that type of play. And of course, if you want to play with a shotgun in CQ Domination, many people might find the USAS or Saiga easier to use than the Remington, which unlocks first. (The shotguns are, again, not all exactly the same).

Take your example, the scarH vs the aks74u.

One has 30 damage, the other 25. Both require 4 shots to drop a guy with chest shots, and the ak74 does it slightly faster due to higher rpm, it also has higher ammo capacity, scar h has longer range, but also has almost twice the recoil. 0,5 vs 0,28 first shot. They have different ammo, so they don't behave exactly the same, but you certainly cannot say that one is better than the other, 30 damage vs 25 is not going to do one difference. Same amount of shots to drop a guy. The aks74 does it faster. So does the m4, both available at level 1. The scarH has twice the recoil of both guns.

The pp2000 has low recoil low damage and low rof.you suggestion seems kinda weird, if you want to run an gun as a SUPPORT CLASS. Well, yes, if you pick a LMG class your gonna have a hard time running and gunning until you unlock a pdw. Or you can just pick engineer, you know the class equipped with a SUBMACHINE GUN, and run an gun all day from level 1.

Your run and gun example is just silly, as your on purpose selecting a class that has a heavy machine gun as starting gun and complain it does not work well for run and gun... Hey, if you pick the recon class, you are not gonna be very good at running and gunning neither, with a goddamn sniper rifle.

To conclude, the point is, in terms of infantry weapons, you are in no way dependent on unlocking some weapon to be competitive. You can be competitive with the starting weapons, as I said, they are "MORE OR LESS EXACTLY THE SAME".

The weapon chart surely proves that

Biggest advantages for unlocks come from weapon mods (red dots etc) and class, group abilities. Weapons I would agree are good from the start.

Wow ! What are u guys talking about ? For me its the best mp this whole gen !!!

I just played it again after about 2 months and was impressed again by how much fun it still is ! And how good it all looks with all the chipping walls and particles and the super stellar sound and HDR in MP !

Battlefield 4 is being touted as 'nothing short of astounding!' by EA and I can't wait for them to show it running on the ps4 . If they bring in more destruction like pillars that completely break down in firefights ,etc, and their already awesome visuals will make aure that BF4 is what makes people buy th enext gen console, instead of any other exclusive !!!

C'mon EA, show it off now :p !!!

BTW, when is End Game releasing on the ps3 premiuim?
As I said, not that the game is bad. It has amazing technology and graphics and so on.

It's just that it's not my kind of game.

I have had more laughs and fun situations playing the online of Call of Juarez, for instance.

Aside from that, I have a premium account -although I didn't bother downloading any pack since October-, and I clocked 27 hours online, so I somewhat know the game.

Perhaps I am partially to blame for my dislike of the game. I was expecting to have loads of fun online and didn't. And as I said the game was a present from a friend, so the least I could do was actually trying to play it some time.

Most of the hours I have played BF3 I did having him online too. And unlike my brother, for instance, my friend gets excessively passionate about the game. Not funny. If passionate equals love for something, then that's a good thing, but in this case it is an entirely different thing.

He swears and yells, in a serious way (not funny), in a bad loser style, and blames his mistakes on his teammates, etc etc. I know him since he was a child, and while he has many many virtues, that's one of his main flaws. I never enjoyed playing videogames or any other competitive activity with him for that reason, albeit I spent countless hours with him during my life.

So...well, I got tired of all that, and I also felt that I was wasting my time playing the game, that I could be playing other games and didn't want to clock more hours in it.

I've certainly had fun sometimes when playing it, I am not going to deny you that, but at the same time I didn't miss BF3 at all when I stopped playing. I have many games that I didn't play much, for several reasons, but I like them anyways though.

hmm, BF3 is special. it able to make me feel angry in a way that other MP game have not.

Ooh next session i will be attacker, i will be able to fly a heli.
Nope. Because when the map loaded, im a defender again :/

Ooh next map have heli. i will be able to fly, yay.
Nope. Because when the map loaded, my teammate already get the heli.
i wait at spawn screen for very long and got kicked for IDLE eventhough im helping my friend via chat (by looking at enemy position on map)

Ooh free heli
i fly, but enemy spam JAVELIN.
The only map that have enough building or hills to be used to evade javelin is only Kharg Island. In Noshars Cannal, in Caspian Border, in Desert, there not enough building to be used to evade javelin missile that chasing heli like some madman.

Ooh i got a jet.
I fly, im dead in one shot <-- only happend in A10. other plane seems fine.

But why im not just playing as an infantry?

Ooh im in crappy situation. i need to HIDE.
Nope, i cant. Because im already behind a rock but i still dead.
Ooh an enemy in front of me. i shot them.
but im the one who died. i shot first, i died?

But when the game is fun, it is really fun. Seeing tank flying to the sky, human got blown to the sky. Maneuvering with heli to evade javelin. Doing dogfight while still killing ground target or just simply trolling enemy jet to dance with me the whole game.

hmm, i miss the destruction in BFBC2. Where i can collapse the whole building with the people in it. Or destroying MCOM by collapsing the building by strategically placing C4 or just by crashing tank to it :D

Take your example, the scarH vs the aks74u.

One has 30 damage, the other 25. Both require 4 shots to drop a guy with chest shots
The SCAR-H has a long 4hk range than the AKS-74u. It's a 4hk up to 25m, whereas the AKS-74u is a 4hk only to 8m. 25 and 8 are not the same. They're not even close to the same. And at long ranges, the SCAR-H is a 5hk, and the AKS-74u is a 7hk.
Here are the numbers:
Range/AKS-74u hits 2 kill/SCAR-H hits 2 kill
0-8m / 4 / 4
8-19m / 5 / 4
20-24m / 6 / 4
25-44m / 6 / 5
> 45m / 7 / 5

Past 8m, there's a pretty big difference between the guns, as the SCAR-H takes 1 or 2 fewer shots to kill.
and the ak74 does it slightly faster due to higher rpm
Yep. And with the tighter hip spread, in close quarters, you'll get more shots on target, making it quite a bit deadlier. It's entirely conceivable that some players will be more effective with one gun than the other, as not all players are equally good at all things.

Not to mention that unlocking a few attachments makes some guns a whole lot easier to use for many people. A laser makes an engineer that much more deadly. The laser and grip also make the support class less vulnerable when on the move. And of course, some weapons have highly obstructive iron sights.
The pp2000 has low recoil low damage and low rof.you suggestion seems kinda weird, if you want to run an gun as a SUPPORT CLASS. Well, yes, if you pick a LMG class your gonna have a hard time running and gunning until you unlock a pdw. Or you can just pick engineer, you know the class equipped with a SUBMACHINE GUN, and run an gun all day from level 1. Your run and gun example is just silly
And yet I see supports running SMGs and shotties all the time in CQDom. There's a reason some people choose to run an SMG on a non-engineer class on a map with no vehicles.
as I said, they are "MORE OR LESS EXACTLY THE SAME".
Right, and this statement was incorrect.
The weapon chart surely proves that
Only you could write a long post explaining the differences between two weapons and then declare you've proved they're exactly the same.

You seem to misunderstand why this came up to begin with. Weapon unlocks and if you were competitive from level one.

Short answer is you are, because the weapons are more or less the same. None of the weapons make you significantly worse of.

And if you look at the provided weapon chart, they are pretty much all the same within the same class, outside of very small differences in terms of rof and spread.

Yes the scarh might be slightly more different. It's not exactly a game breaker. Are you competitive using the m4 rifle with that you get at level one with 150 more rounds per minute, longer range (scarh only goes 630 m if i remember correctly?) and Lower recoil and bigger mag? I think so.

Furthermore the inability to use a pdw on a machine gun class has nothing to do with ublocks not making you compeiive, or you being able to kill someone or not in bf3. The fact that there are people who use support and pdw together doesn't change that.

It's you drawing a poor argument because once you saw the chart, you where amazed about the fact that all the guns have more or less the same and now trying the best to find some silly argument against it.

There are what? 2 guns that stand out a bit that you unlock, but neither gives you an unfair advantage.

The SCAR-H has a long 4hk range than the AKS-74u. It's a 4hk up to 25m, whereas the AKS-74u is a 4hk only to 8m. 25 and 8 are not the same. They're not even close to the same. And at long ranges, the SCAR-H is a 5hk, and the AKS-74u is a 7hk.
Here are the numbers:
Range/AKS-74u hits 2 kill/SCAR-H hits 2 kill
0-8m / 4 / 4
8-19m / 5 / 4
20-24m / 6 / 4
25-44m / 6 / 5
> 45m / 7 / 5

Past 8m, there's a pretty big difference between the guns, as the SCAR-H takes 1 or 2 fewer shots to kill.

Adjust for ROF , and the scarh is only better after 20m in terms of time to kill. Now add twice the recoil and 1/3 mag capacity...

Compare to the m4 starter smg (level one gun)and it will kill faster than the scarh on all ranges and have lower spread, higher mag capacity. (m4 kills people 10 ms faster at 45+M and faster in all other instances)

Your definitely competitive at level 1.

Back