MSI's RMA process

I didn't check the serial # before slapping it back into the case, but they shipped it in a retail box with all the accoutrements so I suspect new.

And the new replacement board lasted exactly one week before it started showing the exact same problems as the original. And here I was doing to dive into DA2, but kind of hard to enjoy a cutscene heavy game when everyone has polys sticking out of their faces and asses.

And the new replacement board lasted exactly one week before it started showing the exact same problems as the original. And here I was doing to dive into DA2, but kind of hard to enjoy a cutscene heavy game when everyone has polys sticking out of their faces and asses.

Wow.

Assuming it's not a bad PSU or something that makes two of us that are two for two on crap Fermi boards.

Wow.

Assuming it's not a bad PSU or something that makes two of us that are two for two on crap Fermi boards.

I can slap anything else in this system and it works just fine. There are even more Newegg reviews on this board with others having the exact same problem. And 12 hours later and not even a reply from MSI's tech support.

You ditched ati because of the shimmering wasnt it ?
havnt they recently changed something to reduce that problem ?

Well, this is a bit embarrassing, but MSI's tech support suggested I update my mobo BIOS if there's a newer revision available. I check and my current version was from last April, so I flash it and no more problems. I also reseated the card, so one of those two fixes resolved the problem (I'm leaning toward the BIOS).

Why a BIOS that was 5-6 months behind the latest update for a mobo that's years old would cause graphical anomalies like I was seeing is a mystery to me.

Well, the replacement 570 has given up its ghost and is now displaying errors in every 3D app I throw at it. Pinged MSI's tech support again, gonna love spending another $15 for another board. Really tempted to buy a Radeon 6870 at this point, I know it's slower but if the f'n thing simply works I'll be happy.

You want a 6970 or at least 6950 JR!
(Well actually you want a gtx 580 like I did, but there is something amiss with nv quality lately).

Back