AMD: Southern Islands (7*** series) Speculation/ Rumour Thread

Alexko said:
I think he just means that really competitive players will use minimal settings just so they can get the highest possible framerate.
But they wouldn't upgrade their hardware to get a better framerate? Of course they would... and they do if they are financially able... at least that is my experience in talking and playing with them.

But they wouldn't upgrade their hardware to get a better framerate? Of course they would... and they do if they are financially able... at least that is my experience in talking and playing with them.

yes, they have nicely decked out machines (hence my 570's comment) but that doesn't mean they'll turn on more bells & whistles, just more things that keep them over 250fps.

neliz said:
yes, they have nicely decked out machines (hence my 570's comment) but that doesn't mean they'll turn on more bells & whistles, just more things that keep them over 250fps.
And now you are just making things up.... but I digress. Like I said earlier, I actually play with and am capable of holding my own with pros, but by all means continue...

Must...resist...

no... I can´t...

yodawgsi.jpg

(yes I love mspaint textbox tool for not allowing text on transparent background.)

I think he is still hinting at new highend professional cards.
Are professional cards still branded ATi or did they switch those over to AMD?
The AMD website is sort of hit and miss on that, some are and others aren't.

;)

there are two big launches coming soon

With the new notebook lines coming out really soon, followed by desktop GPUs, then Trinity, there is no one there to talk to and work with reviewers

Charlie @ SemiAccurate

;)
Trinity for CES, maybe desktop for CES too, maybe, maybe mobiles in December. :D

;)

Charlie @ SemiAccurate

;)
Trinity for CES, maybe desktop for CES too, maybe, maybe mobiles in December. :D

I was talking about this... but maybe he was just bulldozing us.

Are they going to Bulldozer us and launch the professional parts first as well?
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1580611&postcount=743

PS- Someone needs to ban neliz from the PC Gaming Forum. It is getting way too hard to search through his posts when he makes 50posts about BF3.

I am surprised about the AMD dealy tbh. I was hoping they would be out by Christmas and that way Nvidia would be forced to slash their 580 prices...but I am gonna finish up all my non DX 11 games in my collection first so that gives me a bit of time...

I am surprised about the AMD dealy tbh. I was hoping they would be out by Christmas and that way Nvidia would be forced to slash their 580 prices...but I am gonna finish up all my non DX 11 games in my collection first so that gives me a bit of time...

Lol that's what I'm doing too. I'm currently on Assassins Creed Brotherhood and then might have a go at Mafia 2. Crysis 2, Lost PLanet 2 and Battlefield 3 are all waiting though.

I may have to pick up Rage is the AMD issues are sorted by the time I'm ready. I really should be able to play it perfectly at 1080p and locked 60fps on my 4890 so if I can't I'll have to pass, at least until I get an upgrade.

Want me to post about Tahiti first and THEN BF3? nonsense!

In case FPS maniacs have missed it - bolded by me :smile:
BF3 is sweet even on single HD6970 but maybe new gen will allow some MSAA or even better low frame rate?
Already saved my money for new GFX card. C'mon AMD bring it on!

PS. Thanks Neliz!

Back