Uncharted 3

In this age of COD sellers, 125k doesn't strike me as impressive. :oops: Anything less than '3 million sold in the first five minutes' seems unimpressive. :oops::oops:

Didn't you know? Everything is instanta bomba if it doesn't sell CoD numbers.

Apparently, Uncharted shouldn't continue because it can only manage about 3 million sales and it's not on 360. Well, that's what the interwebz tells me these days.

Hell, even Gears 3 ( the best freakin game that's being made this year ) was a bomba because it ain't doing Halo numbers. People on my friends list tell me all the time CoD is going to kill it. Just sayin....

Wel well well ! I installed BF3 and now the uc3 disc worked :???: ! At least for now it worked. I reached chapter 10 and well was too flabbergasted to see what lay before my eyes ! The game looks fantastic !

I just hope it keeps working now !

Saved by EA? Dear lord.. But happy for you :D

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I wonder how much more sales UC3 will do *if* it's also available on 360 in Japan. ^_^
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a big overlap between BF3 and UC3 Japanese user base. They are all shooter fans. :runaway:

Well well, I'm almost at the end now, just two chapters to go.
What a ride it has been! But over a bit too soon. On the other hand, I rather take a game that just about leaves you wanting more, than a game that's made longer by adding some boring backtracking or other tricks.
It's too true what was said earlier, that some levels just leave you wanting for more. It's a sin not to make the
last two chapters longer, as the setting is just too amazingly beautiful you'd desperately want to explore it more

Seriously, don't forget to check out the Co-op Adventure mode. The visuals may be "ugly" compared to SP, but the gameplay is superior.

The only "problem" is very often, I see new folks vote to play on Hard or Crushing in online co-op. They are not that easy. Been in a bunch of games where we failed the mission.

Yeah, but 9.5 million like MW3 has done on it's first day is just insane.

Games like Uncharted are more distinct and cerebral that the bland fodder that makes up the really big blockbusters of this generation. It's like comparing Lemon Roast Chicken to Bread. One's a nice treat that you savour and the other is a common staple that only shines when you add stuff to it.

Didn't you know? Everything is instanta bomba if it doesn't sell CoD numbers.

Apparently, Uncharted shouldn't continue because it can only manage about 3 million sales and it's not on 360. Well, that's what the interwebz tells me these days.

Hell, even Gears 3 ( the best freakin game that's being made this year ) was a bomba because it ain't doing Halo numbers. People on my friends list tell me all the time CoD is going to kill it. Just sayin....

We shipped 2M and didn't make money...just sayin'.

That depends on a lot of things: like how long were you working on the game and how big was the staff. Did you foot any marketing costs etc. If I'm remembering correctly ( I think I heard this from Michael Patcher ), we can assume the average AAA game costs around 10 million dollars a year to produce, the Uncharted series which produced 3 games in 6 years, is making enough money for ND to receive a royalty and for Sony to continue the franchise. It's not a cash cow but that's not the debate. :p

I'm not sure that's quite it. It's just that understanding game sales really requires a point of reference, and the more public points of reference are gangbusters, making comparisons difficult. Away from the limelight sales-figures, what constitutes a good first week and first month for a more grounded title?

Away from the limelight sales-figures, what constitutes a good first week and first month for a more grounded title?

If they keep making the game. That's usually the first sign it's doing well because you'll know by your first shipment week if you're going to make the next one.

Now, I doubt ND would want to continue making Uncharted because they seem to be the types who like their freedom and wouldn't want to do Uncharted until people don't like it anymore. However, they could theoretically keep making them for as long there's a real system of money that flows in off the sales.

Having just completed the game, one of my favourite sections is Chapter 13. Seeing everything swaying about is almost enough to make me feel seasick.

My favorite level is the one right before this. I hated it at first because it felt impossible. Once I understood the map, it became more fun to play. Not only could I platform and shoot, I could dive and pop-up behind unsuspecting enemies too. Plus the guns are bigger than those in Chapter 13.

EDIT: Speaking on which, I actually spent half my time in/under water in Chapter 13 (Just because I can !).

Rumours that a Jak and Daxter HD collection is making its way into 2012. I would definitely get that, if its true, cos I never got to play any on my ps2 !

Hmmm...these HD collections are turning out to be better deals than most new games these days. I mean SOTC and ICO, MGS2,3 and Peace Walker, GOW1&2(especially if you haven't played them, they are awesome games) are so much more enticing than Oh so pretty shallow rides that most of the games are today.

Jak and Daxter Trilogy Edition rated in Germany (Update: Confirmed by SCEA)
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/09/jak-and-daxter-trilogy-edition-rated-in-germany/

The Jak and Daxter HD Collection, which briefly popped up on a South African retail site last month, has now been rated by the German USK as Jak & Daxter Trilogy Edition. The game's title implies that it will be a compilation of the core Jak series.

Update: Sony Confirms Jak & Daxter PS3 Collection
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212038p1.html

Update: Sony Computer Entertainment America has responded to our request for a statement, confirming that the Jak & Daxter Trilogy -- referred to by SCEA as Jak & Daxter Collection -- is indeed real.

I am a bit worry actually because all the Jak games use pre recorded fmv cut scene, unless they re encode all the cut scene like the GOW PSP HD games, things are gona look very messy. And All the previous Jak games also have ver- widescreen mode, hope whoever that are handling the port can port it properly to Hor + widescreen. GOW1 HD was the same ver- as the PS2, very nasty.

I am a bit worry actually because all the Jak games use pre recorded fmv cut scene, unless they re encode all the cut scene like the GOW PSP HD games, things are gona look very messy. And All the previous Jak games also have ver- widescreen mode, hope whoever that are handling the port can port it properly to Hor + widescreen. GOW1 HD was the same ver- as the PS2, very nasty.
How did you came to the idea of fmv in the Jak games. There is not a single fmv in them, all cutscenes are realtime.

Oh and a triple YES! from me. the Jak games are amongst my top favorite PS2 games. couldve thrown Jak X into the mix tho

I loved the first J&D. The others didn't appeal to me for some reason, so I never got them. But this is definitely something I may get, because the first game still looks good enough for most kids, and kids really always love to play the first J&D. So definitely interested, though if they get a PSN version of just the first game, it's very likely I'll just get that one.

I really loved Daxter PSP as well by the way. Don't think that's going to be in the collection, but I almost wish it was. It was really fun. I played more than 50% of that game I think, which is high for me - I rarely finish games. :p But I didn't even have a kid of my own when I played that! May go back to it, and see if my son enjoys it now that he's three!

I'm with you there. The first J&D, although a bit by the numbers, was an awesome feel-good platformer. Jak2 and Jak3 on the other hand were some odd and rather schizophrenic cluster****s that didn't know whether they wanted to be platformers, racers or shooters. That awful late nineties brand of angry and angsty character design didn't really help matters either. I also remember Jak2 as a game which was quite often infuriatingly difficult.

Which game ?

And I played a lot today, ever since BF3 got my disc working again, and i am speechless :p ! The levels are just mindblowing. The whole stuff from the part when Drake is captured is absolutely awe inspiring, not just interms of visuals but also how these guys think these out. I mean the ship level for example, how do they work it out on paper :oops: ? Its so damn complex to create, almost every elelment that you see while going in gets a different use while coming out ! I bow to your dedication to leave no stone unturned ND ! You have made a miracle this gen !

How did you came to the idea of fmv in the Jak games. There is not a single fmv in them, all cutscenes are realtime.

Oh and a triple YES! from me. the Jak games are amongst my top favorite PS2 games. couldve thrown Jak X into the mix tho

it has been a while but if I remember correctly, all of them has video compression artifacts for cut scene, even more noticeable for Jak 2 and 3 in 480p mode. Most Sony first party games on PS2 use pre recorded fmv.

Back