NVIDIA Kepler speculation thread

780 Ti : $700
780: $500
770: $330
760: $250

Curiously, Titan didn't budge.

The GTX 770 (former GTX680 + faster memory) now looks like a very interesting purchase, though that pricing is surely for the 2GB model, which I don't think it's future-proof at all.

If the 780 Ti is indeed faster than Titan, then the latter is probably just discontinued, as it doesn't make much sense anymore.

As for the GTX 770, it's still $30 more expensive than the 280X, which doesn't make it very attractive in my opinion.

As for the GTX 770, it's still $30 more expensive than the 280X, which doesn't make it very attractive in my opinion.

It is if you count with the game bundles.

The GTX 770 brings in Assassin's Creed IV + Batman Arkham Origins + Splinter Cell Blacklist + $100 discount on nVidia Shield.
The R9 280X brings nothing but the card, since the Never Settle program wasn't expanded into the new line (yes, it's better to look for a 7970GHz than a 280X if you seek value).

Even if you don't use the Shield discount, it's over $150 worth of new, AAA and very recent games.
If you happen to get the shield, then it's $250 worth of goodies - for a $330 card.

The GTX 770 (former GTX680 + faster memory) now looks like a very interesting purchase, though that pricing is surely for the 2GB model, which I don't think it's future-proof at all.

too much difference between gtx 780 and gtx 780ti...

If the 780 Ti is indeed faster than Titan, then the latter is probably just discontinued, as it doesn't make much sense anymore.

I think I've read in few places that Titan functions quite good as a cheap professional card and for that reason is still selling very well. So perhaps it can maintain that price point even if a faster Geforce card comes out, but which doesn't perform as well in DP and whatnot.

Titan is a niche product. Its the best performance for Artist/modelers, who like to game.

$1000~ seems crazy for gaming, but its a steal for work, with the K6000 @ $4000~, and has only gtx670 speed. Titan will stay where it is till they dont sell anymore. its 6GBs with cuda cores cant be beat yet for this niche. Its actually a great product.

A 6GB 780ti with 2880 cores will never happen...well not for few years? A "Titan Ultra" with all 2880 and 1k+ clock speed boost I think will next year/Q2

I'm not sure I follow.
Can the Titan be loaded with Quadro drivers? Does it have the same customer support as the Quadros?
Why is it better to get a Titan for artists and modelers than a GTX780 or a faster-performing GTX780Ti?

I'm not sure I follow.
Can the Titan be loaded with Quadro drivers? Does it have the same customer support as the Quadros?
Why is it better to get a Titan for artists and modelers than a GTX780 or a faster-performing GTX780Ti?

Titan has better DP performance than gtx780 (and 780ti i presume)

Yes, but does the DP performance affect 3d modelling software?

i don't jnow, is an area that I don't know

however: NVIDIA did NOT announce a GTX TITAN price drop which might surprise some people. I think the answer as to why will be addressed with the launch of the GTX 780 Ti next month but from what I was hearing over the last couple of weeks NVIDIA can't make the cards fast enough to satisfy demand* so reducing margin there just didn't make sense.

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-...780-GTX-770-Prices-Announces-GTX-780-Ti-Price

*in the prosumer market, i think, because in the field of gaming it was killed by GTX 780, by me...

Titan is probably end of life and discontinued. Only reason to get Titan now is for FP64 performance, Titan is cheaper than Tesla K20/K20X/K40 or Quadro K6000.

Yeah, keep the Titan alive with a ridiculous memory restriction for the 700 GK110.:rolleyes:
6GiB GTX 780 could be ~$599 or even lower priced.

A 3GiB GTX 770 (additional 1GiB@128-Bit) could be also a good performer, since textures and other non-framebuffer data does not need the highest bandwidth.

The most heavily overclocked 780's (like the galaxy HOF) are currently going for ~$670 and they're about 9% faster than Titan. I wonder if we'll see those cards fall $150 in price too. If they do then nVidia must think they have something special to ask $699 for the Ti, or maybe just smoking something special.

Indeed. Titan has full DP rate which may keep it alive for those looking for a cheap GPGPU monster. Even so I suspect that the part is EOL very soon.

It is if you count with the game bundles.

The GTX 770 brings in Assassin's Creed IV + Batman Arkham Origins + Splinter Cell Blacklist + $100 discount on nVidia Shield.
The R9 280X brings nothing but the card, since the Never Settle program wasn't expanded into the new line (yes, it's better to look for a 7970GHz than a 280X if you seek value).

Even if you don't use the Shield discount, it's over $150 worth of new, AAA and very recent games.
If you happen to get the shield, then it's $250 worth of goodies - for a $330 card.

Agreed. The only problem (as you noted) is that the GTX770 at that price is a 2GB card. I personally would not buy a GPU with :love:GB (okay less than three stupid ass forum) at this point.

The most heavily overclocked 780's (like the galaxy HOF) are currently going for ~$670 and they're about 9% faster than Titan. I wonder if we'll see those cards fall $150 in price too. If they do then nVidia must think they have something special to ask $699 for the Ti, or maybe just smoking something special.

Perhaps a full fledged GK110 with 1GHz base clock and a GTX690 style cooler(?).. One can dream right? :devilish:

Joking aside, even a 13~14SMX enabled GK110 core with 1GHz base clock will definitely retake the performance crown and demand that sort of price premium. Im beginning to think that nVIDIA's B1 or GK180 re-spin has allowed them to do this.

Indeed. Titan has full DP rate which may keep it alive for those looking for a cheap GPGPU monster. Even so I suspect that the part is EOL very soon.

Agreed. The only problem (as you noted) is that the GTX770 at that price is a 2GB card. I personally would not buy a GPU with :love:GB (okay less than three stupid ass forum) at this point.

[ noparse]:love:[/ noparse] without the extra spaces
=
[noparse]:love:[/noparse]

Back