NVIDIA Kepler speculation thread

Lower memory clocks than expected, but way lower price than expected. Not bad. Perf/watt took a hit, though.

Can always trust Anandtech to beat Nvidia's own benchmarks. Elsewhere it's pretty much a wash vs the 7950 boost.
Just like we can always count on you to fabricate stories on a reviewer's bias. ;)

Can always trust Anandtech to beat Nvidia's own benchmarks. Elsewhere it's pretty much a wash vs the 7950 boost.

Open test bench + lucky card from nvidia helps alot:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7103/nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-review/16

The germans aren't so important to receive the golden sample, and nvidia should tell them to stop testing in a (shock!) closed pc case ;)
http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/grafikkarten/2013/nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-im-test/12/
http://ht4u.net/reviews/2013/nvidia_geforce_gtx_760_im_test/index8.php

Weird though the rumors got it all wrong, it now has lower clocks (both memory and core) as well as lower price, so no wonder it can't beat a 7950 Boost (nor a GTX 670 of course). Odd that the rumors so close to launch were all wrong...

It definitely helps when you have one benchmark contributing a 28% win for the 760 (FC3) and we already know the story about BF3 and Nvidia's "lucky" scene contributing another 20% (and probably closer to a 30% swing away from the AMD card if you consider AMD generally wins BF3 by ~10% in most other reviews).

Anyway, it's a wash vs the 7950 boost. You have to wonder what would have happened had AMD released something sooner because surely they could have beaten all of the 7-series except the 780 with ease.

Weird though the rumors got it all wrong, it now has lower clocks (both memory and core) as well as lower price, so no wonder it can't beat a 7950 Boost (nor a GTX 670 of course). Odd that the rumors so close to launch were all wrong...
On average, it does seem to come out ahead over the 7950 boost, by just a little.

It definitely helps when you have one benchmark contributing a 28% win for the 760 (FC3) and we already know the story about BF3 and Nvidia's "lucky" scene contributing another 20% (and probably closer to a 30% swing away from the AMD card if you consider AMD generally wins BF3 by ~10% in most other reviews).
Yay conspiracy theories.
Anyway, it's a wash vs the 7950 boost. You have to wonder what would have happened had AMD released something sooner because surely they could have beaten all of the 7-series except the 780 with ease.
From a performance standpoint, yeah, it's a wash. From a price standpoint, the 760 has a clear lead.

It doesn't matter what could or should have happened, though. All those things amount to are warm, fuzzy feelings to make you feel better about AMD's struggles. Meanwhile in the real world, the 700 series is surely eating away AMD's market share. When the HD 8000/9000 series shows up and inevitably beats the 700 and 600 series, you'll need to remember that it took many millions of dollars to get them there, whereas Nvidia needed much less effort with their 700 series.

Yay conspiracy theories.

It's not a theory it's a fact. BF3 and FC3 are contributing huge wins for Nvidia in this case (BF3 always does) - margins of victory that aren't generally being seen elsewhere.

Having looked at most of the reviews today it is very unusual to find a victory of more than 1%-2% either way. 8% is standing out as an outlier.

From a performance standpoint, yeah, it's a wash. From a price standpoint, the 760 has a clear lead.

Considering I can buy a 7950 boost with 4 games for $259.99 + free shipping right now, I don't agree.

Can we leave the personal attacks out? Also can we try to stay closer to the topic (Kepler)? Some people will find AMD's software bundles convincing, others won't. Hasn't this been beaten to death by now?

These are the results I've counted so far - (a draw is <2% win either way)

Anandtech - 8% faster 760
Hexus - draw
Techreport - draw
Techpowerup - 3% faster 760
Guru3d - 5% faster 760
PCGamer - draw
Bit-tech - draw
Techspot - draw
Hot Hardware - draw
Toms - draw
HT4U - 4% faster 7950
ComputerBase - draw
Hardware.fr - 4% faster 7950
PCMag - 7% faster 7950

I'm sure we can all conclude the actual performance of the cards from that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read what they said that it would probably be a draw based on the 8% lead over the normal 7950, but I'll change it to reflect the 3%.

Basing that 3% off the 7950 boost being 5% faster than the 7950 back when they did their boost review. It bothers me that TPU doesn't include the 7950 boost in their aggregate charts.

For all of TechReport's supposed hate for AMD, it's interesting that they show a draw. They actually got a review out on time, too!

I'm just glad that prices have fallen to what they should have been a year ago. Not a bad time to buy right now...

Back