NVIDIA Kepler speculation thread

Forgret the review of TPU, i dont know what card he have got, but all the number given by Wizzard are wrong .. he's the only one who get lower TDP for the 770.. each review made bring a 20W difference, he success to get all number of the 770 under the 680.. when all the other review bring the invert.

you can got all the other review, the 3D load for the 680 is 1.1175V and the 770 is 1.2V ... ( so the invert of what have write TPU ). I dont know, maybe he have got a special binned chips.. but seriously i cant put 10 reviews wrong and only him got thoses results.

clock to clock this will not change anything, due to how work the turbo ( 2.0 or not )...,

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgret the review of TPU, i dont know what card he have got, but all the number given by Wizzard are wrong
So, are HT4U wrong as well ?
XVicjwc.jpg

It probable that comparing single card voltages are unlikely to tell you much. I would wager that for the same base clock (on the same SKU) there are multiple voltages and its just the luck of the draw what reviewers compare. Given the increase in power it is likely that the overall voltage per power/leakage bin (or however they select the ASIC's speed to voltage) did increase.

lower voltage ? I dont know where you have see lower voltage .

Anandtech has a comparison of GeForce Clockspeed Bins between GTX 770 and GTX 680 here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6994/nvidia-geforce-gtx-770-review/2 . As you can see from the chart towards the bottom of the page, at 1045MHz/1058MHz/1110MHz clockspeed, GTX 770 has lower voltage than GTX 680. The GTX 770 is also able to access higher voltage bins than GTX 680 to achieve even higher clockspeeds at these higher voltages.

Given the increase in power it is likely that the overall voltage per power/leakage bin (or however they select the ASIC's speed to voltage) did increase.
Of the ~15-20 watt observed difference in loaded power usage reported by most sites, how much (if any) would you be attributing to raising the vRAM from 6008M effective to 7010 ?

Of the ~15-20 watt observed difference in loaded power usage reported by most sites, how much (if any) would you be attributing to raising the vRAM from 6008M effective to 7010 ?
For what it's worth, according to Samsung's spec sheets 7GHz GDDR5 runs at 1.5v, the same as 6GHz.

Anandtech has a comparison of GeForce Clockspeed Bins between GTX 770 and GTX 680 here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6994/nvidia-geforce-gtx-770-review/2 . As you can see from the chart towards the bottom of the page, at 1045MHz/1058MHz/1110MHz clockspeed, GTX 770 has lower voltage than GTX 680. The GTX 770 is also able to access higher voltage bins than GTX 680 to achieve even higher clockspeeds at these higher voltages.

They only have a difference on the 1100mhz, mostly due to binning, some card will need less voltage for hit this.. some will hit more.. it will depend of the card, core. my point was they have increase the max limit voltage, for achieve the higher clock on Turbo Boost, but like clockspeed are linked to TDP ( and temp ), its really hard to tell for each card separately. But it seems logical if you have a little bit higher TDP ( nvidia dont advertise more TDP for nothing ), and higher voltage on max turbo clock speed it will drain too a bit of more TDP. ( but like it is really dependant of the card or chip anyway )

On the same article of Anandtech..

As we can see, NVIDIA has pushed up their voltage from 1.175v on GTX 680 to 1.2v on GTX 770. This buys them the increased clockspeeds they need, but it will drive up power consumption. At the same time GPU Boost 2.0 helps to counter this some, as it will keep leakage from being overwhelming by keeping GPU temperatures at or below 80C.

They only have a difference on the 1100mhz

That is incorrect. Re-read the page I linked to earlier. The GTX 770 and GTX 680, respectively, have differences in voltage at the following clockspeed bins:

1110MHz: 1.162v / 1.175v
1058MHz: 1.112v / 1.125v
1045MHz: 1.100v / 1.112v

On the same article of Anandtech.

On the GTX 680 reference card, the highest voltage bin is 1.175v. On the GTX 770 reference card, the highest voltage bin is 1.200v (with a mild overvoltage now available of 1.212v with 106% power target). The clockspeeds are not equivalent at any of these voltages. The GTX 680 has a clockspeed of 1110MHz at 1.175v, while the GTX 770 has a clockspeed of 1136MHz at 1.200v (and has a clockspeed of 1110MHz at a lower 1.162v).

Back