Capcom announces DmC Devil May Cry, developed by Ninja Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Snake became an old man in MGS4. I think the mob simply didn't like the art direction and Capcom didn't prime us about the change at all.

Well he became old but he still retained his personality & he became old for a reason....it was his natural lifespan.

Dante became old as well (when you compare DMC3's 18 years old Dante with DMC4's Dante who most probably is over 30)

Not too happy with this new direction. The series needed a reboot, sure, but more story focus isn't going to help.

I'm also surprised Capcom is doing yet another western partnership so soon. I thought they were on the record that they'd avoid this, after what happened with Bionic Commando and Dark Void.

Well he became old but he still retained his personality & he became old for a reason....it was his natural lifespan.

Well... many people behaved very differently when they were younger.
Did Konami hint/announce his old age before the trailer ?

Dante became old as well (when you compare DMC3's 18 years old Dante with DMC4's Dante who most probably is over 30)

Dante's aging is not so drastic compared to Snake's rapid aging or Cole and Dante's youthfulness.

After watching the new Castlevania trailer, I have to say that Konami's cross-cultural development is looking way better than Capcom's.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can sense is some slowness/awkwardness in animation and that's it (I thought the DMC4 Dante moves faster, but hey he's still inexperienced here).

He doesn't look healthy. Then again, I think Kratos' face looks far worse. :devilish:

I am more concerned with the performance since Enslaved doesn't seem to perform well based on early reports.

Dante was pretty mature in DMC4, so maybe you're confusing him with Nero? His half brother who you played as initially.

Performance is the biggest concern and so is the gameplay. DMC had combat intricacies that no western developed action game has had, and frankly, HS was mediocre from that standpoint at best.

The character design is pretty underwhelming and looks like something out of Twilight. But here's a gem:

340x.jpg

That's NT's Tameem Antoniades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP7-9D2PLuo

so maybe you're confusing him with Nero? His half brother who you played as initially.
Nero is Vergil's son which would make Dante his uncle (this was hinted in the graphic novel & was later confirmed by a capcom employee)

I was 6-7 levels into DMC4 and I quit playing. Mainly because I sucked at it and bumped into a hard athletic puzzle which I couldn't handle. I may give it a second try someday but I seriously doubt it.

Regardless, I may try the next game if it turns out to be better; seeing that it is by a different developer.

I don't think it looks half bad.

I think most of you are way overreacting to the 'modernized pop-culture' bit of the press blurb. That doesn't even remotely strike me like Twilight but far more along the vein of Bayonetta. Just the fact that the character is a smoker (shock! outrage!) rules out any Twilight fan by default.

You also messed up your puns. It should have been 'Bella May Cry' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back