Capcom announces DmC Devil May Cry, developed by Ninja Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well , I think the look of Dante and the environs don't match. He seems to be a drug addict psychopath who likes to make his enemies smoke cigarettes before killing them. OTOH, the environs are all colourful and cheerful. Either they should turn tge environs into dark fantasy kinds, with minimal colours OR turn them inti completely trippy fantasy stuff where dimensions bend into each other. Then maybe, they will match the addict Dante design. Right now, the environs are amcomppete misfit with the character of The New Dante.

Look at Kane n Lynch 2. They made the environs pook as psycho and dirty as the characers of the protagonists.
The art is not complementing the new direction the hero seems to have taken. Wouldn't expect that fromNT, they seem to be masters of good art.

BTW, I don't like Dante's design at all. But if they want to continue with the "I need rehab" look of him, they need to change the world to match him.

Thats my expert opinion. :)

It has age check. Did someone fool around with your system ?

No matter what I put to the age check, it says after that the video is not available. Looking at the comments there, someone else seems to have the same problem.

edit: although for some reason that comment doesn't seem to be there anymore... Well doesn't matter :)

Last edited by a moderator:
David jaffe's take on the new westernized DMC and direction where NT is heading :
http://criminalcrackdown.blogspot.com/2010/09/torn-between-two-dantes.html
Messing with an iconic character who already happens to be one of the most recognizable/popular character in the industry right alongside Snake & Master Chief, in a game like DMC (which is almost entirely about Dante), is the last thing I would do for gaining a "western appeal" .......ie. if I was incharge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps.

The Yakuza series will send Kiryu to fight zombies, may be to space too, and yet the fans cheer on (or remain speechless).

Young Dante and Cole will fight same old same old enemies with new look, and fans went nuts.

[jumps up, point at crowd]

Man, you guys are shallow ! :runaway:

I like the new look but the new dante could pack on like 10 kg of muscles if you ask me. All that sword slinging should help to pack on some muscles anyway.

I find it kinda funny how the internet rages on how gay this new design looks but im kinda told that Dante in DMC 3 looked has a more gay look to me while fans kinda agree its was one of the best in the series for the fighting gameplay.

People are already making conclusions while we know nothing this look could be for like 2 hours.

like this guys idea from the trailer
http://www.wirejacked.com/index.php...ry-devil-may-cry-reboot-is-based-in-purgatory

DMC3 Dante wasn't like what you just described.

Have not played any of the DMC series yet.
But if you run around without a reason without some upperbody cloathing your a douchebag in my book unless it summer. and all that leather isnt really helping either if you ask me.

If this is not slightly gay maybe i have a skewed up vision of how gay man look like(My vision of gay man is YMCA style)
http://www.google.nl/images?um=1&hl...CIQBSgA&q=DMC3+dante&spell=1&biw=1366&bih=585

Have not played any of the DMC series yet.
But if you run around without a reason without some upperbody cloathing your a douchebag in my book unless it summer. and all that leather isnt really helping either if you ask me.

If this is not slightly gay maybe i have a skewed up vision of how gay man look like(My vision of gay man is YMCA style)
http://www.google.nl/images?um=1&hl...CIQBSgA&q=DMC3+dante&spell=1&biw=1366&bih=585

The DMC3 Dante wouldn't even be the "man" in the relationship. When my brother (who happens to be gay) saw me playing that game he started laughing and called him "Schwester" (which means "sister" and is very derogatory) He thought the DMC1 and 4 Dantes were very attractive, though.

Just saw Konami's E3 conference. :LOL: How did I miss that ? No wonder xbd has "One milyun troops" in his XMB tag.

Is there a successful East + West collaboration so far ? Should have kept Japanese art style for DMC I think.

Dead Rising 2 looks just like Dead Rising 1, so I guess you might call that a successful collaboration (though I hear very bad things about the engine performance from some people)

Beyond the terrible re-imagining of the main character, I'm very concerned that this new DMC will play remotely like Heavenly Sword. Imagine the next announcement: No jumping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back