Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater 3D Or first 3DS graphical hint.

2w671jo.jpg

2rnto4n.jpg

mmdbhd.jpg

pic_08_ujn.jpg

3DS_MGS3D_03ss03_E3.png

Gamecube with normal mapping? We don't know the specs, but it sure looks better than the PS2 game.

Looks fantastic. I am absolutely sold on the 3DS right now, no questions asked. It looks marvelous. Beautiful hardware, and great software. This is how you do it.

I wonder what the hardware spec is? Its got to be quite impressive, considering the 3D has to add quite a lot of extra work for the GPU.

I'd heard a rumor that it's using this integrated chipset from nvidia called the Tegra, which is being used in smartphones. It's an ARM11, and the video hardware has programmable pixel and vertex units.

I'd heard a rumor that it's using this integrated chipset from nvidia called the Tegra, which is being used in smartphones. It's an ARM11, and the video hardware has programmable pixel and vertex units.

The rumor's been disregarded a few weeks before E3. They're probably using something from a Japanese company. Who, we don't know.

Where's the normal mapping?

Umm, in all the screen shots I posted? There's normal mapping everywhere.

Ive only seen the screenshots at the top, but this looks like something on a PSP or even worse.
From a quick ggogle I believe the following is from MGS on the ps2
metal-gear-solid-2-1.jpg

I dont see how the above screenshots are better than the ps2 version like someone said.

Well theres quite a few differences in the above screenshots

ps2 has some limited shadows, 3ds doesnt
ps2 has higher polygon count
ps2 has higher resolution

ok had a search for a similar outside screenshot from the ps2
914828_20040331_screen002.jpg

to me the nds is not looking better than the ps2 game

Back