[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they said anything about Planetside Next for PS3.

They are supposed to release FreeRealms and The Agency this year first.

They should invent some new form of security regarding handling of unreleased games. PC games leaking either gold version or internal builds, same with 360 games and PS3 now to (or perhaps it has happened before?). Yesterday C2 dev beta build, today KZ3 gold build? Damn..

http://n4g.com/news/699382/killzone-3-has-leaked-on-the-torrent-sites

Btw according to some comment it looks like this for files. Might be inaccurate though.

9.00 GB - game
32.4 GB - cinema

Last edited by a moderator:
After playing a bit of the beta I'm a bit mixed on the game. I think it looks great for the most part but I gotta agree with those that said that no HDR really hurts the image quality. Actually, I think it would be better if only they didn't try and fake it. I guess maybe the average person can't tell and that's all that matters but really when you're constantly washing out the screen with blinding white light I think it's going overboard. What else, well textures seem better and thankfully it's a bit less blurry but the MLAA isn't all that I heard it is(first game I've seen it in). Flickers bad in motion but I guess it's still better than QAA (not as much blur).

And sorry if all I talked about were the tech bits/image quality but that's the only reason I cared about KZ2 and same for KZ3.

They should invent some new form of security regarding handling of unreleased games. PC games leaking either gold version or internal builds, same with 360 games and PS3 now to (or perhaps it has happened before?). Yesterday C2 dev beta build, today KZ3 gold build? Damn..

Btw according to some comment it looks like this for files. Might be inaccurate though.

Jeez :???: 32 GB of prerecord movies & 9 GB of real time? :???: At least kz2 was 25 GB of 'pure' engine... I really hate this stupid trick... the bluray disc is completely useless if you use only for prerecord movies...

After playing a bit of the beta I'm a bit mixed on the game. I think it looks great for the most part but I gotta agree with those that said that no HDR really hurts the image quality. Actually, I think it would be better if only they didn't try and fake it. I guess maybe the average person can't tell and that's all that matters but really when you're constantly washing out the screen with blinding white light I think it's going overboard. What else, well textures seem better and thankfully it's a bit less blurry but the MLAA isn't all that I heard it is(first game I've seen it in). Flickers bad in motion but I guess it's still better than QAA (not as much blur).

And sorry if all I talked about were the tech bits/image quality but that's the only reason I cared about KZ2 and same for KZ3.

MLAA not work good in KZ3 because Guerrilla probably has used this filter how a standard MSAA, but MLAA is an another story... an example: the point of view of the character is 'shaking' probably to simulate the 'breath', but the MLAA not work exactly with this type of camera motion... really a bad choice here. Sorry for my english, I can't explain better. If you want to see how use smartly the MLAA in a game, buy god of war 3 ;)

Jeez :???: 32 GB of prerecord movies & 9 GB of real time? :???: At least kz2 was 25 GB of 'pure' engine... I really hate this stupid trick... the bluray disc is completely useless if you use only for prerecord movies...

If correct then that is probably for 2D and 3D videos (like Messyman said). IIRC it was 70min videos, no?

But it is still good as videos gets to be high quality else it should be good for padding data for faster loading/streaming or so I would think. Maybe they streamlined their data usage and cut down amount. Anyway huge game sizes dont mean much. For example you have FC2 at about 3.5GB after being installed. That game sure had lots of environments and highres textures.

If correct then that is probably for 2D and 3D videos (like Messyman said). IIRC it was 70min videos, no?

But it is still good as videos gets to be high quality else it should be good for padding data for faster loading/streaming or so I would think. Maybe they streamlined their data usage and cut down amount. Anyway huge game sizes dont mean much. For example you have FC2 at about 3.5GB after being installed. That game sure had lots of environments and highres textures.

But KZ2 if I remember correctly use a lot of GB space in the disc for every scenario... why now it's so small?

The Crysis 2 leak could have been avoided if the dev builds required a locally-hosted license server to run, like the Educational version of CryEngine 3.

But KZ2 if I remember correctly use a lot of GB space in the disc for every scenario... why now it's so small?

But since KZ2 did all the cutscenes in realtime then wouldn't the need for padding be higher to optimise loading aswell as IIRC KZ2 not having a functional or fully functional streaming system. With KZ3 having a fully working streaming system and videos to mask streaming padding might not be need as much if at all.

The Crysis 2 leak could have been avoided if the dev builds required a locally-hosted license server to run, like the Educational version of CryEngine 3.

Shame it didn't. Might be something for devs to think about for the future.

Does anyone else get alignment problems with move? When I calibrate the move controller within the game, the cursor doesnt appear to be completely aligned with the controller. Is this natural?

I haven't tried. If the cursor does not appeared to be centered, it usually means the Move controller was not aligned with the camera exactly during calibration. e.g., when asked to point the controller at the camera, align the arm, light ball and camera in a straight line. I used to align the eyes, light ball and camera.

I found out that even if it's off centered, the set up still works as long as the controller tracks your movement properly.

If it's signed using the new key, the impact may be minimal.

But since KZ2 did all the cutscenes in realtime then wouldn't the need for padding be higher to optimise loading aswell as IIRC KZ2 not having a functional or fully functional streaming system. With KZ3 having a fully working streaming system and videos to mask streaming padding might not be need as much if at all.

May be the KZ2 data point is incorrect (It can fit on a 25Gb Blu-ray, but occupies much less than that ?). Or as Nebula pointed out, the KZ3 info may be wrong too.

Also a little hard to guess how the data is encoded/compressed and laid out on the disc without knowing the software logic .

Killzone 2 is ~12GB game, lot of space is reserved for intro movie in different languages.

14. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Chinese_PS3.avi [273MB]
15. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Danish_PS3.avi [273MB]
16. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Dutch_PS3.avi [273MB]
17. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Finnish_PS3.avi [273MB]
18. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_French_PS3.avi [273MB]
19. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_German_PS3.avi [273MB]
20. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Italian_PS3.avi [273MB]
21. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Japanese_PS3.avi [273MB]
22. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Korean_PS3.avi [274MB]
23. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Norwegian_PS3.avi [273MB]
24. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Polish_PS3.avi [273MB]
25. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Portuguese_PS3.avi [273MB]
26. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_PS3.avi [273MB]
27. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Russian_PS3.avi [273MB]
28. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Spanish_PS3.avi [273MB]
29. BCES00081/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/MOVIES/GameIntro_Swedish_PS3.avi [273MB]

Playing in 3D actually improves the image quality, since the graphics are lower res, the transparency buffers don't stand out as much. The most awesome thing about 3D is scoping in with your weapon, it feels like you actually have a scope right next to your eye, it's amazing. I can't finish the SP demo before I get sick and have to take a break though. Killzone 3D is to be taken at 20 minute increments at most for me.

Not much spoilers since they have already shown us the ice level on Jimmy Fallon's show. Looks good but...

Playing in 3D actually improves the image quality, since the graphics are lower res, the transparency buffers don't stand out as much. The most awesome thing about 3D is scoping in with your weapon, it feels like you actually have a scope right next to your eye, it's amazing. I can't finish the SP demo before I get sick and have to take a break though. Killzone 3D is to be taken at 20 minute increments at most for me.

This ! Hope they put it up in SonyStyle and BestBuy 3DTV demoes. I want to see. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back