Fracking spring!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Ok, it must be April fucking fool's day. It's like 84f (28.8888889 degrees Celsius) outside when it's been below 45f (7.22222222 degrees Celsius) for the past week or so. (Well until yesterday, or else I haven't been paying attention again)

Normally not a bad thing, 'cept it's going to get cold again later this week so I can't really turn on the AC....and I just tossed a Saphire 5870 PCS+ in with the 5970 to play with trifire a bit.

My PC room is a bit warm. :???:

Funnay thing? Even like this the 5970 is maxing out at around 70c under load, and I have it overclocked. ;)

EDITED BITS: Conversions for Mummy. :rolleyes:

It's chuffing freezing here. Literally several degrees below sensible temperatures for December.

Global warming, eh?! We should start a global warming thread somewhere here to chat about that... :runaway::runaway::runaway:

85 F here right now...no AC needed as we have a nice breeze, but digi, do you have one of those HVAC thingies where you can only have either heat or AC? Those suck! I can have mine kick either way based on temp...just cleaned the AC unit today too...

but digi, do you have one of those HVAC thingies where you can only have either heat or AC?
Yup, old house is old. :( Technically I just gotta flip a thermo switch upstairs from "heat" to "cool", but realistically I have to go down the basement and flip a heat trap switch on my ducts and change the humidifier/dehumidifier settings.

There's a breeze here too. The rest of the house is pleasant, just the computer room is a scotch warm.

Ooooh! My new fan! I never did try kicking the new Hunter room fan I put in here a few months ago to high, bbiab!

It's warm over here in Ohio too, Diggie. Wife turned the A/C on, junior couldn't take his nappie-pooh since it was so hot upstairs.

With small kids it is different John, my sympathies go with your wife and I hope you didn't criticize her for it. :p

My kids are old enough that I can just yell at 'em to quit whining about being hot, although I did replace the ceiling fan in my son's room just now. ;)

It just snowed here the past couple days. Last time it snowed in April here was around 1990-91. Brrrrr.

Did warm up a bit today though. Then again, I like the cooler temps, keeps the mosquitos at bay for a little longer.

Regards,
SB

Well, I've had cars that do especially well in cold weather (Subaru Impreza's, mostly) for the last decade, and as everyone tells me it'll only get warmer, I bought a new car last friday with that in mind:
BMW-318i-Cabriolet-Benzine.jpg

:)

So, I would be rather pissed if it turns out that GW is a fraud after all. ;)

Midlife, yes, crisis: everything is going extremely well. So, no. Rather the opposite.

And I wanted something different.

:D

Well, I've had cars that do especially well in cold weather (Subaru Impreza's, mostly) for the last decade, and as everyone tells me it'll only get warmer, I bought a new car last friday with that in mind:
BMW-318i-Cabriolet-Benzine.jpg

:)

So, I would be rather pissed if it turns out that GW is a fraud after all. ;)
Is that a 318? Sweet, I gots a 325 without the ragtop:

3029863_2.jpg

My wife is looking at the Infinity G37 ragtop for this summer, I'm already jealous. :oops:

Very nice!

Yes, it is. And it's a sweet drive, especially without the top. Not as fast as the Impreza, but smooth sailing and still a bit sporty.

But I thought you didn't want RWD anymore, after the Nissan Z?

My 325xi is all-wheel drive and the G37 my wife is looking at has it too. Rear-wheel drive is great fun for sliding around, not so great fun in winter trying to not slide around. :???:

In this thread Digi pretends that throwing money around and buying expensive things makes up for other natural gifts bestowed by genetics or god.

(love ya digi)

You guys are amateurs! You drive the same thing in Summer as you do in Winter?
Sheesh!

Here is my new Summer car (with its older sibling and my Winter car (Mazda CX-9) in the background:
72dea411804b7e020551db1a56cc2169.jpg

Nice cars Mize (esp. the red one :p), but UGH, what a monstrosity of a house there to the right! Bloated, and ugly as sin, yuck. Please tell me that's your neighbor's, and that your home has a bit more class! :D

Btw, the underbrush in the background needs clearing out... You'd get a better view of the surroundings that way... Heh.

My house is to the left (you can't see it). It has an oversized two car garage too. That's also the neighbor's backyard. My house is actually pretty small, though it sits on a wooded acre with a stream. Our two Siberian Huskies enjoy the half-acre of woods that we fenced in for their enjoyment too.

Back