*God Of War 3 Thread v2.0 + Interview Stig Asmussen

This Get Stoned challenge is really pissing me off! I completed other challenges in a breeze but having unreasonable level of difficulties of completing this. Whoever designed that challenge needs to be re-evaluated. Anyone has a tip for me btw?

press L1 as if to counter the Medusa but immediately start shaking left stick to left and right so that you get stoned and recover quickly.

After the 8th one just evade the big guys first to have reasonable time to get stoned and recover. :)

I had much more problems with the "bare hands" challenge :(

Trigger the counter move without hitting the appropriate button to get stoned quicker and immediately start wiggling. Grabbing the Medusas causes them to retaliate with the freeze ray every time. Avoid jumping, especially when it gets really crowded after you get stoned for the seventh time or so. Counter the gaze to get some breathing room. With a bit of luck there will be another Medusa around to freeze you while most of the other enemies are still stoned. Grab the undead guys to replenish your health.
I actually died more often because these huge guys (the ones with the spiked balls) knocked me out of the arena than I did from shattering.
Thanks mate, will try that.
press L1 as if to counter the Medusa but immediately start shaking left stick to left and right so that you get stoned and recover quickly.

After the 8th one just evade the big guys first to have reasonable time to get stoned and recover. :)

I had much more problems with the "bare hands" challenge :(
Cool I'll try that later. As for Bare hand, just grab the grunt and keep battering ram the stone dudes and then the cyclops, also never do the QTE since it'll take up time. It might take you a few try but it would definitely work.

When reading the Satyr stuff: what I really liked graphically is that when they move, they are heavily blured in motion - giving them an extremely cool look during their attacks (somehow like one would expect to look a "shadow ninja")!

But the best stuff I have seen regarding the satyrs (I don't know if it is the PSP game or GOW2): when you once met them is a phantastic scene, showing good the character of these elites: they are sitting there, hanging around and do cool chilling, while awaiting ol Kratos knowing that they are the best!

Okay the fire cerberus is just too much...he just takes shit load of damage to get down even once.
To deal with the first satyr I just use gorgon's gaze to stone him & shatter him but the cerberus is just too damn overpowered enemy....he'll jump around the whole arena spitting out dogs after dogs & slashing his paw everywhere. What do I do ?

Cestus seems to prevent me from getting any damage from dgos but his slash keeps getting me & I can't even avoid it cause Kratos can only dodge in four direction & dodging left & right doesn't helps either & so does dodging forward or back. Another thing about exploding dogs is that they come in numbers & can't be grabbed properly until they stop running so by the time a dog stops & I kick him I am surrounded by 2-3 more dogs. This just too hard, I could probably do a two hit from cesteus,then escape far away followed by coming again for two hits...but that'll just take too damn long.

I hate it when games do this in order to increase difficulty & this is why I like Ninja Gaiden & DMC more than any other Hack & slash game. Atleast in those games I can combo to be safe & escape immediately to a safe distance by just jumping.

Ok will someone tell me technically whats going on here? Because this looks insane:

28valh.jpg

Okay the fire cerberus is just too much...he just takes shit load of damage to get down even once.
To deal with the first satyr I just use gorgon's gaze to stone him & shatter him but the cerberus is just too damn overpowered enemy....he'll jump around the whole arena spitting out dogs after dogs & slashing his paw everywhere. What do I do ?

Ok, I've played the fight with the cerberus well over 200 times and tried all sorts of different strategies and the key to beating it is the gorgon's stare (like Iron Tiger mentioned)

First phase - this is the easy part. You will need to use the Hades blades. All you need to do is use the light attack because it hits everything around you, so the dogs cant even get to you. The key is to dodge when the cerberus mouth stop flashing yellow, and use mostly the light attack so you can roll out of animations quickly when you need to doge an attack. I usually get out of this phase with all or very close to all of my life intact, and it doesnt take very long at all. A very rough idea of how long it takes to get to the QTE to chop off the first head using this method is that it will take roughly a 100 hit combo (hitting both the dogs and cerberus).

Second phase - this part is a bitch. The cerberus attack is different this time. Instead of spitting dogs most of the time, it spits out two, then runs at you to attack you. The key to this is to know where the satyr is and try to keep some distance between you and it. When the cerberus spits dogs at you try to catch them and kick it back and stun either the cerberus or satyr. this will give you time to get a couple hits in on the cerberus and reposition yourself. Do not kill the satyr!! After hitting the cerberus for a bit, use your rage until you get the QTE to chop off its head. btw, I used the hades blades but I suppose you can use a different weapon since there arent that many dogs running around like in the first phase. It does seem like to me the hades blades has the best dodge tho.

Third phase - This part depends more on timing than anything else. Once you chop off the cerberus second head a second satyr will appear and right away you will want to use the gorgon's stare on them both before they start jumping around. I dont know what your magic level is at, but I only had enough magic for 2 gorgon's stares so its important that you act quickly. Sometimes you can get lucky and freeze both of them with one stare. After you freeze them, kill them quick before they unfreeze. The final cerberus head is easy. Now you dont have any satyrs to worry about just stay back and let the cerberus spit dogs at you and kick them back. The last head doesnt have much energy... took me like 8 dogs to kill it I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I beat Titan today too. The whole time I was dreading the cerberus part because of all the noise online about how hard it was. But I beat it in just 3 tries.

Head1. I just used the Cestus. Just ignored the dogs.
Head2. Used the Cestus again, And spammed the magic attack that comes with the Cestus.
Head3. Used Rage of Sparta

Then I just cleaned up whatever was remaining with the blades. I had already killed one Saytar in Rage mode. So it was easy enough to finish the last one with the circle grab.

Tried the Fire Cerberus part again & did it in 2nd try.
All I did was kick the dogs for the 1st part, spam army of sparta for the 2nd part [damaging the satyr too but not killing him] & then spammed Rage of Sparta for the third part followed by some heavy attacks to kill the Cerberus. After that it was easy to kill the two remaining satyr as one was already low on health.

Now on to Zeus & he's a bit tough to take down on the 2nd battle.

P.S.[only need 600 to upgrade the last weapon but...I don't think I'll get any more red orbs as its basically the end of game]

P.S.[only need 600 to upgrade the last weapon but...I don't think I'll get any more red orbs as its basically the end of game]

If you still have a save before the final boss I suggest you use it and look around the "boxes" for a hidden chest. Should get you 1000 red souls if you already have the 3 bars maxed.

If you still have a save before the final boss I suggest you use it and look around the "boxes" for a hidden chest. Should get you 1000 red souls if you already have the 3 bars maxed.

I got those, I guess I'll try killing some of those guys at the 3 judges part & the go to those boxes should've get me those 600 orbs.
Btw I finished the game right now & I must say the quality of artwork right from the first zeus fight is just phenomenal...&
the very last part of remorse
leaves me no doubt to think that its a moving painting for real.

Few bits on story
The ending is shit :mad:

Now I can finally move on to FF13 :LOL:

Another chest worth mentioning is the one to left of where the Cerberus Breeder fight takes place. You have to make a jump for it. Like quite a few chests in the game, you can reap its benefits twice. (in case you got it already at the beginning of the game after you had to pass the 3 trials)

Another chest worth mentioning is the one to left of where the Cerberus Breeder fight takes place. You have to make a jump for it. Like quite a few chests in the game, you can reap its benefits twice. (in case you got it already at the beginning of the game after you had to pass the 3 trials)
Got those too...& apparently I was able to get more than 600 orbs by killing those which I decided to miss last time. But now I realize that its not just the weapons that you have to upgrade for the trophy its also the items & I am yet to upgrade the Helios' Head.

wtf ! The trophy says upgrade all weapons, not weapons & items :devilish:

All this is happening because it was only until halfway that I realized the game has invisible chests that needs to be revealed using Helios' head, I used to think that it only reveals paths. If I had upgraded my magic/item/health bar atleast 2 chests before I'd have enough orbs to upgrade even the last thing.

Yea, getting max health / magic / items will net you tons of exp. I finished the game with max weapons and about 65K red orbs.

Got those too...& apparently I was able to get more than 600 orbs by killing those which I decided to miss last time. But now I realize that its not just the weapons that you have to upgrade for the trophy its also the items & I am yet to upgrade the Helios' Head.

wtf ! The trophy says upgrade all weapons, not weapons & items :devilish:

All this is happening because it was only until halfway that I realized the game has invisible chests that needs to be revealed using Helios' head, I used to think that it only reveals paths. If I had upgraded my magic/item/health bar atleast 2 chests before I'd have enough orbs to upgrade even the last thing.

Well, both the head and the boots are technically weapons.

I got Platinum by playing on Easy for my third play through. I only did it to get the trophy for completing the Labyrinth without dying. After I beat the Labyrinth I stopped. But I had around 25,000 orbs to spare after maxing everything.

My first normal play through I could not manage to max out all the weapons. I was about 20k short.
My second play through on Titan I was trying very hard to max everything but I still came up about 4k short. I think there are simply just less orbs on Titan difficulties. Because I don't think I missed many chests compared to my Easy run. Or maybe the fact that my combo meter doesn't go as high because you are playing more defensively on Titan affects this. But I got almost every chest and still came up very short.

Back