*God Of War 3 Thread v2.0 + Interview Stig Asmussen

I'm having a hard time beating the cerberus that spits out the dogs... any tips?

Ah yes, that lovely part. The most important thing to do is save your magic and rage meter for phase three. My weapon of choice was chains of exile maxed out. Here's what worked for me; in the first phase, the best thing to do is kick the dogs back at him and do the heavy (triangle x3) chains of exile attacks. In the second phase, do the same thing while doing your best to ignore the satyr... this phase drove me nuts because of him. Whenever he gets close, dodge out of the way and hammer him with the bow to push him away and keep hitting Cerberus. Do not try the QTE to take away his spear because Cerberus' will keep spitting those dogs and they can damage you mid-animation.

In the third and final phase, use your magic and rage meter to kill Cerberus. The chains of exile magic works great since it damages the two satyrs as well. Once Cerberus is dead, go for the satyrs with the QTE's (move close and press circle in case you didn't know).

Good luck. That was without a doubt the most difficult part in the game.

I'm having a hard time beating the cerberus that spits out the dogs... any tips?
I only played Titan mode yet.

my strategy was simple.

phase 1:
hang around the Cerberus with frequent evades so that the exploding dogs effect him but not you. occasionally throw the dogs back at him if you are far away.
phase 2: use rage immediately on Cerberus. Should be enough to end the phase maybe minus a magic attack
phase 3: magic all out

when you kill cerberus first you get a nice boost health via green orbs, so should be easy to take the reaming dudes with occasional circle ("throw") on them.

when you kill cerberus first you get a nice boost health via green orbs, so should be easy to take the reaming dudes with occasional circle ("throw") on them.

You don't get a good health boost on Titan at all. A very minuscule one in fact, and staying close to Cerberus as he spits out the dogs can't work out that well since the explosions don't hurt him unless you kick them back at him.

You don't get a good health boost on Titan at all. A very minuscule one in fact, and staying close to Cerberus as he spits out the dogs can't work out that well since the explosions don't hurt him unless you kick them back at him.

Again, I only played Titan and you get a nice boost, but obviously nice is relative. It doesn't fill up an empty bar or anything, but it makes much more sense to concentrate killing the Cerberus first.

As for the damage, I'm pretty sure exploding dogs trigger a hit animation (unless Cerberus is doing an unbreakable move), so I can only assume they do damage too. In general too many enemies seem to be able to damage each other which is nice.

Also, staying close to Cerberus is very easy with square square evade (or square square triangle evade if you keep an eye on the dogs). In fact on my first try I reached the third part of the battle by this alone.

I've prolly played this fight with the cerberus at least a few hundred times, and I've only managed to chop off two of his heads twice. I get past the first phase pretty easy using the hades blades. the second part is killing me :(

For the Fiery Cerberus use Hercules gauntlets, reasoning is that they do splash knock back damage and will stop the dogs from exploding around you while you beat up on Cerberus. Really the only way you will get hit is if Cerberus swipes at you, just keep to his back or sides.

Once the first head comes off then you will have a satyr to deal with DO NOT KILL HIM, reason is that 2 will spawn instead of 1. If you have trouble doing damage while 1 is roaming around then use the chains of exile magic attack (shield) and keep doing it till the second head is ready to be torn off (added bonus is that you will greatly weaken the satyr).

You should now have 2 satyrs and one head to worry about, go into rage and get the Cerberus health down fast. Once he is gone then finish off the satyrs with whatever you have left.

This has worked for me on both Titan and Chaos.

So I wasn't playing this game from quite a while..but LMAO ! I finished the Labyrinth in the first try & got the aMAAZED trophy, without even having my health go down below 70% in any fight.This was supposed to be hard ? I had more trouble defeating the scorpion boss than this. :LOL:

Anyways the fire cerberus is a PITA cause he never stops spiting out those exploding dogs & having that Satyr is even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the Hermes dash to take out the dogs and avoid the satyrs. Soften up the satyrs a bit, then unleash a Gorgon soul with the Hades hooks magic, so you can just smash them. If you're lucky, the Gorgon stare will catch one of them mid-jump and they'll die when they hit the ground. I did lots of Hermes dashing and attacked from a distance with the blades of exile, or up close with the cestus. That was one of the hardest fights until I figured to use the dash and Gorgon soul.

I used the Hermes dash to take out the dogs and avoid the satyrs. Soften up the satyrs a bit, then unleash a Gorgon soul with the Hades hooks magic, so you can just smash them. If you're lucky, the Gorgon stare will catch one of them mid-jump and they'll die when they hit the ground. I did lots of Hermes dashing and attacked from a distance with the blades of exile, or up close with the cestus. That was one of the hardest fights until I figured to use the dash and Gorgon soul.

that sounds like a good strategy. thanks for the tip!

Beat it for a second time on easy. I got quite a few more trophies including the 1000 hit combo, all weapons maxed, and found all items.

I will tackle Titan today.

I appreciated the graphics more on the second playthrough, but I noticed a little bit more lag with the button presses and action on screen.

This game is getting ads all over in North America. It's being advertised all over UFC 111, which has IMHO, one of the best fight cards they've had in a while, with two titles on the line. Go GSP! (George St.Pierre)

GSP! GSP! GSP! :smile:

This Get Stoned challenge is really pissing me off! I completed other challenges in a breeze but having unreasonable level of difficulties of completing this. Whoever designed that challenge needs to be re-evaluated. Anyone has a tip for me btw?

Trigger the counter move without hitting the appropriate button to get stoned quicker and immediately start wiggling. Grabbing the Medusas causes them to retaliate with the freeze ray every time. Avoid jumping, especially when it gets really crowded after you get stoned for the seventh time or so. Counter the gaze to get some breathing room. With a bit of luck there will be another Medusa around to freeze you while most of the other enemies are still stoned. Grab the undead guys to replenish your health.
I actually died more often because these huge guys (the ones with the spiked balls) knocked me out of the arena than I did from shattering.

Anyway, that was the only tough part about the platinum trophy. Definitely one of the easiest ones. Challenges aside, you can grab them all in a single playthrough on Titan difficulty. (unlikely, but possible)

My Cerberus breeder strategy requires both magic and a full rage bar: pummel him with the Cestus until the first head is gone. Kicking the dogs back into his face seems to deal a decent amount of damage too. If you don't mind a longer fight you can also use the Bow of Apollo. When the first Satyr shows up it's time to use magic on the dog. Army of Sparta (or whatever the move is called) worked great. My blades were at level 5 and at that level you don't just get the shield wall with spears, you can also make arrows rain down by mashing circle. Once my magic meter was drained I basically got the circle prompt to take off the second head. Now it's time to use Rage of Olympus. This should be enough to get the rid of the last head. All that's left are 2 Satyrs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back