NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

So far we've seen box art from Gigabyte, Galaxy, Palit and inno3d, colorful, anything else?

How does this mesh with the rumour that there will be 3 larger OEMs and 1 smaller who will have cards available at the March launch date, and where are Evga and XFX in all of this?

XFX is not an exclusive partner anymore, so eVGA and BFG are probably the ones that will get more cards. Others, as seen in the boxes already posted, seem to be getting some cards as well, so that rumor if not completely debunked, is partially debunked.

Not official prices, but WHO kNOWS
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

GTX 470 - 3x9 USD! (5850 costs 309 USD on Newegg)

GTX 480 - 5x9 USD! (5870 costs 409 USD and 5970 699 USD)

Yeah, GTX 480 is not competitor for 5970, but 5870
smile.gif
This is not NEWS.

Against 5970 NV has planned dual GTX 470

Source: http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showthread.php?t=244211&page=99

If this is true (i bet it is, Zed_X has been pretty reliable so far), and if it is a clue that GTX 480 is not that much faster than a HD5870, it is IMO, a major failure. More 3 Billion Transistors for not much more performance...

/YAWN

Let's wait for official benches before we decree epic fail....

OTOH, all leaks/rumours so far haven't painted gf100 in good light.

Ok, i must reword then :p
Its not a major failure, or epic failure. That would be the case if it was another NV30, R600, which doesnt seem to be the case. At least in price will be competitive, it seems. It would be really OK if it didnt come 6 months later. But it seems to be a failure non the less.

Its not a major failure, or epic failure. That would be the case if it was another NV30, R600, which doesnt seem to be the case. At least in price will be competitive, it seems. It would be really OK if it didnt come 6 months later. But it seems to be a failure non the less.
And you are basing that on which unconfirmed rumors or questionable benchmarks? :|

Including the HD4890? The technology that made the 4890 clock so much higher than 4870 is already present in the 5000 series.

I don't remember seeing a 4890 at 1.1+GHz on air, but maybe that's just because I didn't notice them.

And you are basing that on which unconfirmed rumors or questionable benchmarks? :|

See my post here: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1406357&postcount=3422

Zed_X has been pretty reliable so far, on XS forums. He sort of leaked the prices and said GTX480 will compete with HD5870. Dual GTX470 will be the competition for HD5970. I know this alone does not imply performance. Only prices. But if GTX480 could compete with HD5970 it would have a higher price, dont you think?

If crystal balls would predict sales figures, companies would have a very powerful tool in their hands.

AFAIK, ogl 4.0 is equivalent to dx11. So it should be supported.

However, AMD's ogl driver support usually is quite late compared to nv. :cry:

OpenGL4.0 arriving that early is definitely a positive point overall. However given the lack of interest for ISVs in their vast majority for OGL, even if we should see any changing trends in the long-run it'll take a mighty long time.

Back