Nazi Moderators on this site.

Alright, who banned Neliz? I gotta buy you an SS hat for that one...
bleh2.gif

willardjuice said:
trinibwoy said:
the lack of consensus has nothing to do with whether a conversation is off-topic or not

trinibwoy said:
Being bored of the conversation is not a reason to step into a thread

None of these reasons factored in my decision. If this were true I would also be against creating a new thread (which I am not).

trinibwoy said:
Mod intervention is required if an exchange is ... off-topic

This reason factored in my decision.

Trini I'm sorry but the discussion is off-topic. Huddy discussed (technically speaking) that PhysX could be improved to make better use of the CPU. The current discussion is no longer about that. The discussion is now essentially "can you name a game that utilizes more efficient CPU physics than PhysX while still maintaining the added effects of PhysX".

If you want to start a thread that compares physics middlewares/engines in games, then go right ahead (I promise you creating threads are very easy to do!). But Huddy's interview was not about comparing and contrasting the benefits of various physics engines.

Again sorry to copy and paste my response to Trini, but I wanted to make clear that I did not end the discussion because of personal interests. I ended it because the discussion was not only off-topic, but it has been already discussed (at length) on various occasions in various sub-forums.

If it truly was because of personal interests, I would not support creating a new thread discussing physics engines. That is not the case however. I am very open to an individual creating a new (more unifying) thread about the discussion.

The moderation remit actually covers keeping discussions organised and preventing repetitious debates when there is already (or should be created specifically for the purpose) a thread on common threads of discussion. If there isn't a PhysX thread to discuss it's value when it's frequently raised, there should be.

I think we're awaiting an update to the forum FAQ to integrate some changes that make this clearer.

Again sorry to copy and paste my response to Trini, but I wanted to make clear that I did not end the discussion because of personal interests. I ended it because the discussion was not only off-topic, but it has been already discussed (at length) on various occasions in various sub-forums.

If it truly was because of personal interests, I would not support creating a new thread discussing physics engines. That is not the case however. I am very open to an individual creating a new (more unifying) thread about the discussion.

Thanks guys, I think a dedicated physics thread is a good idea. A lot of other discussions from the architecture and gaming forums dovetail into physics and PhysX comparisons anyway.

Alright, who banned Neliz? I gotta buy you an SS hat for that one...
bleh2.gif
I deserve an SS hat for giving him a small holiday for repeatedly posting pointless crap in technical threads, after the threads contained guidance to stay on-topic and relevant? I tire of him derailing threads and trolling on behalf of ATI, so pass me the hat :LOL:

Oh, and I completely support willard's actions to nip the Huddy thread in the bud where the PhysX talk was concerned.

I'm saving up money to have Beyond3D run off renewable energy. The only downside is that members of B3D need to move to Australia.

I deserve an SS hat for giving him a small holiday for repeatedly posting pointless crap in technical threads, after the threads contained guidance to stay on-topic and relevant? I tire of him derailing threads and trolling on behalf of ATI, so pass me the hat :LOL:
The sport in visiting B3D is watching the shills duke it out, often hilariously flip-flopping on delusional point debates. Even the old stand-byes & their jaundiced arguments are transparently bland. They've effectively choked out informative & credentialed posters. Mission accomplished. If you adhere to this new enforced sabbatical regimen, there'll be nothing entertaining except for console land...

Fact: The only sane person is The KILER. I wonder if he/she/it is still bored?

BTW, now that you have an IHV affiliation (congrats), when are you following in the footsteps of your predecessors & pushing off...?

Too Nazi? Is it possible to have moderate Nazism?
To paraphrase Plato, who will Nazi the Nazis?

K.I.L.E.R, if they can recharge your phone using stray wifi signals, surely we could harness the back and forth b/w IHV camps here? Don't tell me it's all just hot air....

What size do you wear? :|

I think that's the most brilliant quote I've ever read. I can only wonder what load of venomous horseshit you were spewing at your opponent in order to illicit that response.

This thread is all kinds of awesome.

Thanks OP!

C'mon guys, it was *meant* to be easily identifiable as hyperbole. I would like to think that any mod who has ever had a poster justify their own incivility because they were "right" and the other guy "wrong" about whatever they were arguing about just then, would get a grin out of that.

But since I apparently hurt some feelings, let me say right here and now that I don't think any sisters were raped or nations genocided by that particular poster, virtually or actually, and I regret that he apparently thinks I did think so.

In the famous paraphrased words of Bill Cosby --"Mods aren't interested in justice --mods are interested in peace and quiet."

So I take it creating an 'Official thread of Nvidia's lies, deceit and treachery' would be just the ticket to elevate me into modhood? :cool:

Back