Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I've bought during the sale so far is Bastion. What a wonderful indie game.

Considering Wasteland Angel, it looks interesting and it's only 2.49 USD. Anyone played it and have any comments on it?

Regards,
SB

Only thing I've bought during the sale so far is Bastion. What a wonderful indie game.

Lucky, lucky man, i've literally bleeding from buying those games from all services ;p
Damn, i've bought like 7 games already and i'll be buying next 3-4 tomorrow probably ;\ I'm a sucker.

Ok, i've counted everything i bought since Skyrim release, not good ;p - 110$ for 10 games and 1 DLC ;\
Who was also a sucker this holiday season? :>

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno why, but id games always seem to feel more solid to me than other shooters somehow. Anyway I am glad you are enjoying it since I said it was fun in the other thread :) I still haven't played the legends of the wasteland part, but I hear it is pretty fun single player actually to get more of a chaotic feel. Despite the teething problems on ATI it seems that with the 78XX series AMD is going to encourage texture use that is similar to Rage in the future for other games.
I feel the same way, but for me it's both iD and Valve games. I just don't get it why there are still companies out there that release FPS games on the PC that seem to have lag in mouse movement and need INI hacks to disable any acceleration and smoothing.

Don't count the damage done...we still have, what, 3-4 days left!
I probably spent around $100 but that was for a lot of games...haven't tried wasteland angel yet, but I pulled the trigger as the screens look good and it's indie.

I feel the same way, but for me it's both iD and Valve games. I just don't get it why there are still companies out there that release FPS games on the PC that seem to have lag in mouse movement and need INI hacks to disable any acceleration and smoothing.

Yeah I actually agree for the mainline HL series I haven't played enough of their MP ones to know how they compare. I still am grumpy at valve for their low ammo carry limits on crossbow and magnum though :)

I finally decided to pick up Bastion on Steam. One of the few games that plays and looks better on my PC ;) And I want to finally save my game and get somewhere! ;)

Lucky, lucky man, i've literally bleeding from buying those games from all services ;p
Damn, i've bought like 7 games already and i'll be buying next 3-4 tomorrow probably ;\ I'm a sucker.

Ok, i've counted everything i bought since Skyrim release, not good ;p - 110$ for 10 games and 1 DLC ;\
Who was also a sucker this holiday season? :>

ME! :!:

In short: Shogun 2 with all DLC, Quake 4 (even though I have DVD), Rock of Ages, Bulletstorm, Demolition Inc, DCS A10, Divinity II, Duke Nukem Forever, Fallout 3 GOTY, Guardians of Graxia, Red Faction Armageddon and Guerrilla, Renegade Ops DLC (both), HAWX and HAWX2, Worms Reloaded!
I think I didn't miss any :smile:

There are few titles I really wanted like Bulletsotrm or Shogun 2, and few little Indie which are fun to play!

Finished Rage last night. Yep, disappointing ending and mainly because that last missions is so poorly designed. Having corridors form one or two boxes doesn't make your map any less linear, and this one was basically a corridor despite a few of those hallway splits and the elevators. The game's length overall isn't that bad for today's shooters, I probably got 10-12 hours out of it (I did most of the races, though not all. . .probably 80%).

Next up is either Bulletstorm or Red Faction: Guerilla (or Gothic 4, which is bland as hell right out of the gate). Or maybe Shogun 2 again since I bought some more DLC for it (god how I'd love a well-done Game of Thrones conversion for Total War. . .one not based on the Medieval 2 version of the engine).

@renegade I thought q4 was better than d3 and i liked d3 despite its shortcomings (cant see crap, slow movement speed, monster closets)

Finished Rage last night. Yep, disappointing ending and mainly because that last missions is so poorly designed. Having corridors form one or two boxes doesn't make your map any less linear, and this one was basically a corridor despite a few of those hallway splits and the elevators. The game's length overall isn't that bad for today's shooters, I probably got 10-12 hours out of it (I did most of the races, though not all. . .probably 80%).

I spent like 36 hours in it personally, but I liked driving around the wasteland trying to get jumps and stuff. I really think if they wanted a map like that in the end mission they should have had you infiltrate through an air duct system the entire way. Then they would have an excuse for why it is linear and boring at least.

I spent about 17 hours with Rage. Yeah the end sucked. They built it up like it was going to be the highlight challenge of the game and instead it was just stupid and felt way old school.

Quake 4, to me, feels like Elite Force set in the Quake 2 universe. It's a fairly typical Raven corridor shooter with some Quake gore and is a polished game overall.

Finally, the Steam sale had a AAA game I've been waiting for. Pulled the trigger on Deus Ex: HR and its DLC. Better be as good as most are saying it is, even if I already know I'll be disappointed at the points where combat is forced on you as well as being prodded by the game into 1 type of playstyle (stealth).

Still if it's at least half as good as the original, I'll be happy.

I spent about 17 hours with Rage. Yeah the end sucked. They built it up like it was going to be the highlight challenge of the game and instead it was just stupid and felt way old school.

Didn't even have enough enemies to feel old school. :p The whole last part of the game just feels like iD was rushed to get the game out the door and wasn't finished properly.

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back