Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgraded my dad's PC today with my old Geforce 6800 gfx board (instead of some ATI X300 crap) and 2 more gigs of RAM, but now Steam's too busy to let me download and install TF2 on the machine... Been like this for hours now, which rather sucks actually since there's a small circus here at my rents' place and now I've nothing to do. It's 05:30AM, doubtful I'll be able to get any more sleep.

I upgraded my dad's PC today with my old Geforce 6800 gfx board (instead of some ATI X300 crap) and 2 more gigs of RAM, but now Steam's too busy to let me download and install TF2 on the machine... Been like this for hours now, which rather sucks actually since there's a small circus here at my rents' place and now I've nothing to do. It's 05:30AM, doubtful I'll be able to get any more sleep.

Try deleting clientregistry.blob or switching the download server location.

I tried switching two times, did not help. Then I uninstalled the client altogether coz it was an ancient install originally, and thought maybe it got screwed up when updating. So now I've re-installed it completely.

...Ok, now it's downloading. Just as two ambulance guys are coming to take my sick mum to hospital.

Hmmz the L4D2 for EUR33 is alright, id pack for EUR23 is really nice.. still, missing some total superbargains. Ah well ;)

L4D was pretty OK as a single-player experience, lots more fun with a friend along. L4D 2 is no fun at all alone unfortunately. Haven't had time to play it with me mate yet, we're still not done with the first one.

More guns and special zombies in the 2nd, so it could be pretty cool. I personally feel the 2nd game plays too rapidly though. Like watching a movie on fast-forward, the zombies are all high on amphetamine. Doesn't feel very zombie-like.

The first game's great mood came from the lulls inbetween explosive rushes, but in the 2nd game zombies rush pretty much constantly. It gets a bit old after a couple levels...

I am playing that game right now...and to put it nicely the game is quite bland. URGH. If it were not for my manic obsession of finishing a game that I start, I would have uninstalled it a long time ago. It does look pretty on the PC though. Just the controls feel so damn unwieldy.

That was my thoughts on Mirror's Edge also. I guess I'm just one of those people that loves FPS games but just doesn't "get" this one. Was wasted money for me, ah well...

Regards,
SB

I bought a copy of Dragon Rising and so did my brother. We tried to coop multiplay but we would get dconned after a certain amount of time which sucks. The game is great though otherwise. They are apparently working on a patch to get that all sorted out and I hope it gets released soon enough!

Use LogMeIn Hamachi VPN for coop, I use it regaulrly for LAN coop over WAN.

Anyway, new offers today! I just purchased The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Directors Cut as a Christmas Present for my computer for only £7.81.

Have a lovely Christmas guys! :cool:

Use LogMeIn Hamachi VPN for coop, I use it regaulrly for LAN coop over WAN.

Anyway, new offers today! I just purchased The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Directors Cut as a Christmas Present for my computer for only £7.81.

Have a lovely Christmas guys! :cool:

My Witcher is already downloaded!
To think that some of my old friends were doing this game and I'm so late to the party ...

I've also grabbed Clear Sky to add to my collection of Stalkers! Brilliant deal for £3.99 :devilish:

Grabbed Red Faction for $10, Mirror's Edge for $5 and Clear Sky for $5 so far.

Torchlight is $5 today, that's a no brainer. Got it when it was $10 and it's more than worth the $20 standard price.

Torchlight is down to $4.99. I order you to buy it now!

I also picked up the X2/X3 pack for just over $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back